Is Lance Armstrong a sociopath?

13»

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    westerburk wrote:
    FFS stop being a joey Paul :)
    :lol::lol:
    Not funny. And there was nothing wrong with Joey Deacon's intelligence, he simply had cerebral palsy.

it's no worse than you mudslinging at riders in a coma...like on the kirchen. Anyways u will be busy in the next day or two I think :roll:
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Dave_1 wrote:
    it's no worse than you mudslinging at riders in a coma...like on the kirchen.
    Yes, I do realise that many think that every time yet another professional cyclist suffers heart failure everyone should pretend that the well documented problem of doping-related premature death in cycling can in no way still be an issue that is worthy of concern.

What we need to do is hold our silence until, as in the cases of Frederiek Nolf, Marco Ceriani, Marco Rusconi, Johan Sermon, Fabrice Salanson, Denis Zanette and others, everyone has 'moved on' and most people have forgotten who the dead rider even was.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I find it amazing that some people think that if you have a condition of some kind that you have impared intelligence. Some conditions may effect intelligence but a lot are not. My relation with Cerebral Palsy, at the age of 5, could count to 30 in French and over 100 in English. He's mad on music and has a great mind.
    If Cadel has a condition then it is totally unlinked to his intelligence; he seems like a totally switched on chap for sure.

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    jerry3571 wrote:
    I find it amazing that some people think that if you have a condition of some kind that you have impared intelligence

I wasn't suggesting he had 'impaired intelligence'.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the subject because I'm not, but I know you can have a 'condition', be super fantastically intelligent in one aspect of learning, but be impaired or have difficulty in other areas.

Perhaps he's got learning difficulties with relation to social skills - not intellectual ability.
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:
    it's no worse than you mudslinging at riders in a coma...like on the kirchen.
    Yes, I do realise that many think that every time yet another professional cyclist suffers heart failure everyone should pretend that the well documented problem of doping-related premature death in cycling can in no way still be an issue that is worthy of concern.

What we need to do is hold our silence until, as in the cases of Frederiek Nolf, Marco Ceriani, Marco Rusconi, Johan Sermon, Fabrice Salanson, Denis Zanette and others, everyone has 'moved on' and most people have forgotten who the dead rider even was.

you just want to point score re LA and have no intention of waiting to see what Kirchen's problem was related to. You're a disgrace with fake attempts at showing concern for riders health, when its the riders ability to win races that annoy you...
  • westerburk
    westerburk Posts: 37
    quite agree with Dave1.

Cmon bernie! its the end of an era try to move on, Im sure life will be more rewarding once you areless consumed.
  • BikingBernie
    Dave_1 wrote:
    you just want to point score re LA and have no intention of waiting to see what Kirchen's problem was related to. You're a disgrace with fake attempts at showing concern for riders health, when its the riders ability to win races that annoy you...
    You are, of course, quite free to believe that if you wish. You just happen to be wrong...
    Dave_1 wrote:
    its the riders ability to win races that annoy you...
    Great win today by Andy Schleck, wasn't it? Seeing his win live didn't 'annoy' me one little bit. :lol:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    isnt he more likely to be a cyclepath. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    GET

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus
    YOUR

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus
    COAT

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus
    :wink:

@ratsbey
  • BikingBernie
    edited August 2010
    Q&A with Joseph Papp
    Wed Aug 25

This week Blazin' Saddles poses some questions to a friend he made on Twitter, the former pro cyclist Joseph Papp.

You're quite outspoken about doping and you even testified in the Floyd Landis affair. Has it ever landed you in hot water?

I have an interesting relationship with Lance Armstrong via Twitter in that he's blocked, unblocked, followed, and unfollowed me several times this year - and when Lance is marking you on Twitter when he only follows a couple hundred people, well, if nothing else it's flattering. Unfortunately, when my name appeared on the witness list for the Landis arbitration in 2007, I had the disconcerting experience of receiving a death threat from a particular individual whom I knew very well.

What is Armstrong like as a person?

Aloof. Ferocious. Other-worldly.

If they make the whole US Postal story into a film, which actors should play Lance/Floyd/yourself?

Matt Damon is a fine choice to play Lance, though I wonder if he has the capacity to realistically portray a sociopath.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog/blaz ... icle/1100/

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Q&A with Joseph Papp
    Wed Aug 25

This week Blazin' Saddles poses some questions to a friend he made on Twitter, the former pro cyclist Joseph Papp.

You're quite outspoken about doping and you even testified in the Floyd Landis affair. Has it ever landed you in hot water?

I have an interesting relationship with Lance Armstrong via Twitter in that he's blocked, unblocked, followed, and unfollowed me several times this year - and when Lance is marking you on Twitter when he only follows a couple hundred people, well, if nothing else it's flattering. Unfortunately, when my name appeared on the witness list for the Landis arbitration in 2007, I had the disconcerting experience of receiving a death threat from a particular individual whom I knew very well.

Aloof. Ferocious. Other-worldly...

If they make the whole US Postal story into a film, which actors should play Lance/Floyd/yourself?

Matt Damon is a fine choice to play Lance, though I wonder if he has the capacity to realistically portray a sociopath.

Joe Papp's a drug dealer, not a psychiatrist.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dave_1
    RichN95 wrote:
    Q&A with Joseph Papp
    Wed Aug 25

Aloof. Ferocious. Other-worldly...

Joe Papp's a drug dealer, not a psychiatrist.

who?