Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon build now almost finished

Comments

• Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Took her out for the first proper ride yesterday and i can safely say it was monies well spent. Total flyer and feels considerably stiffer than my old LT2.
  • weescott
    weescott Posts: 453
    Lovely build Rick. If you haven't already, you can get a POE upgrade on the DT hub. Make you even quicker. :D
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Received my frameskin this morning so been busy fitting it:
    P1000874.jpg
    P1000875.jpg
  • Ordered a new front fork for it today. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. Only thing i will probably be waiting for is the converters for the front hub to change it from a 20mm axle to a 15mm one as CRC have had to order them in.
  • bloody hell thats nice.
  • bloody hell thats nice.

Thank you.

Hopefully tomorrows addition will step it up to the next level! Just a PITA that i am going to probably have to wait 2-3 weeks for my hub parts to arrive.
  • That is a sexy old bike! What's the build total on that thing? It's got a few gears in my head turning.
  • Outstanding work sir. I really love that MojoHD, but this certainly has the better spec in my opinion. As with Sheeps, I think this could be bike of the year.
  • Thanks lads but the Mojo HD on here is 8) Nice spec and beautiful to boot.
    That is a sexy old bike! What's the build total on that thing? It's got a few gears in my head turning.

Would not like to think about that too much. All i think about is the ride and i love it. Its taken me a lot of messing to get a Santa Cruz i fit and feel comfortable on but hell its been worth it.
  • 2011 RockShox revelation world cup with a taper carbon steer :D:D
    P1000920.jpg
    P1000921.jpg
    P1000923.jpg
    P1000924.jpg
    P1000925.jpg

Cannot wait to try them out. Never used the U-Turn on my old revs and fancied the new WC ones.
  • Thanks lads but the Mojo HD on here is 8) Nice spec and beautiful to boot.
    That is a sexy old bike! What's the build total on that thing? It's got a few gears in my head turning.

Would not like to think about that too much. All i think about is the ride and i love it. Its taken me a lot of messing to get a Santa Cruz i fit and feel comfortable on but hell its been worth it.

Fair enough man I know the feeling! Not looking foward to shelling out the cash for the upgrades to my bike, but it#ll be worth it though. Damage to the pockets is always such a lovely painful experience when it's dealing with bikes.
  • owen908
    owen908 Posts: 170
    Two Words : Pimp Ass
  • Cheers Alex. Hopefully the next time i let you have a rip on it the forks will be set up a hell of a lot better than the old ones. We will be stopping the ride countless times while i add and remove air till they are spot on :lol:
  • teamtomo
    teamtomo Posts: 61
    Bloody good looking bike you got there.
  • Rick,

How tall are you? Just wondering about the sizing of the meduim LT2?

Nice bike by the way.

Cheers.
  • cblair246 wrote:
    Rick,

How tall are you? Just wondering about the sizing of the meduim LT2?

Nice bike by the way.

Cheers.

Hi. Thanks i am 180cm be it 2cm either way. The Santa Cruz sizes always seem short in comparison to other rides.
  • very nice bike!
  • 2011 Revelation World Cup fitted and ready for a long ride tomorrow to bed them in:
    IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Ohhhhh damn that's nice! What's the bracket on the stem for?
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • BlackSpur wrote:
    Ohhhhh damn that's nice! What's the bracket on the stem for?

My Garmin 305. Its great on my road bike and handy on my MTB.
  • Well i have started to break the fork in today with a nice 40 mile ride. Feels great, dont miss the u-turn at all. Have had some slight issues with the new 15mm Maxle but its all good now.
  • Nice. But why the 15mm instead of 20mm?
  • weescott wrote:
    Nice. But why the 15mm instead of 20mm?

On the 2011 world cups rock shox decided to use a 15mm axle, I have seen somewhere that its as stiff as the 20mm one.
  • IMG_0484.jpg

Thats ready to ride with the new rev's a RRP Neo guard and all light brackets fitted. Very happy with that in all honesty.
  • IMG_0508.jpg
    Properly kicked its head in around the roaches the other day.
  • These bits were on offer at CRC so thought i would have a bit of that:
    IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    All fitted and bolted up, nice setup really. O BTW i know the mudguard looks gash:
    IMG_0527.jpg
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    incredible bike mate, just a few questions, how are the crest rims holding up and how are the brakes, thinking of putting them on my next build :)

cheers
  • lawman wrote:
    incredible bike mate, just a few questions, how are the crest rims holding up and how are the brakes, thinking of putting them on my next build :)

cheers

Thanks.

Brakes are awesome, really happy with them. They are light and have so much power and modulation. I would not bother with any other brand now.

Rims are proving very good as well. I ran Hope SP AM4's with Flow rims before these and managed to put one out of true. The Crests have seen more miles over rougher terrain and are totally true. Well worth a look.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    lawman wrote:

cheers

Thanks.

Brakes are awesome, really happy with them. They are light and have so much power and modulation. I would not bother with any other brand now.

Rims are proving very good as well. I ran Hope SP AM4's with Flow rims before these and managed to put one out of true. The Crests have seen more miles over rougher terrain and are totally true. Well worth a look.

awesome cheers mate :)
  • Tomorrow i will be receiving my RP23 BV shock back from TF tuned after a push tune. Hopefully it will solve a few niggling problems i felt there was with the tune of this one.

Trying to decide on some Easton Haven or Havoc carbon bars. Want to try something a little wider and probably either a 90mm 10 deg rise stem or a 70/80mm 0 deg rise stem. Hmm decisions decisions.