New bike :D

Comments

• j96_2
    j96_2 Posts: 188
    anton1r wrote:

Its far too clean and shiny, get out and ride it like you stole it! ;)

Lol i took it to Dalby today and did the red run. Its caked now ;)
  • Gotta love Carreras, i have a vulcan which has had about the bikes value spent on it :)

Quality frames, defo worthy of upgrades :D
  • j96_2
    yeh they are decent bikes and with the sales on at halfords all the time they are bargains. Mine will be upgraded soon :)
  • j96_2
    Have been thinking, I think that i am going to get a whole SLX groupset and the on one sale has some black rockshox tora 302 u turn lockouts reduced from 160 to 76 quid!! and groupset would cost me around 200 but worth it in the long run, i am then after some mavic rims and a schwalbe nobby nic for the front and a racing ralph for back. Then some Avid elixer cr's and then some other little 'tit bits' then it'll be perfect, after that i'm thinking a Ragley mmmbop frame. This is gonna take ages but cant wait for end prodyct :)
  • j96_2
    Gotta love Carreras, i have a vulcan which has had about the bikes value spent on it :)

Quality frames, defo worthy of upgrades :D

Would love to see some pics of it??
  • A friend bought one of these as a starter bike 6 weeks or so ago, its been regularly trashed since and is standing up well. He had some rear hub problems but Halfords sorted it out. Toras would be a great upgrade, tyres too.
  • j96_2
    A friend bought one of these as a starter bike 6 weeks or so ago, its been regularly trashed since and is standing up well. He had some rear hub problems but Halfords sorted it out. Toras would be a great upgrade, tyres too.

yeh mine standed up well at dalby tuff bike :) due for 6 weeks service tho this week :)
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Nice carrera i have a vulcan which has been upgraded hugely compared to the original spec, great frames worth expanding upon :D
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    The girlfriends brother got one of these a little while back- I've still got to break him, I mean take him for a blast :lol:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • j96_2
    Haha
  • j96_2
    p1108101726.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My new Superstar supagripa grips with green lock rings and bar ends :D:D:D
  • j96_2
    Sorry pic was tiny :P

35ddnjk.jpg
  • j96_2
    Also My new exotic stem and DMR V8 Pedals :)
    2jcfwa0.jpg

fjn8e0.jpg
  • j96_2
    Headset spacers came today :) will fit tomoz and put a pic up then :)
    2hqfn60.jpg
  • j96_2
    New spacers fitted :) New Forks and tires tomoz :D

2ihleag.jpg
  • j96_2
    As Promised
    Forks Marzocchi Bomber 44 RLO
    Tires Maxxis Ignitor F&R
    But,,
    Brakes Avid Elixir 5
    Seat Charge Spoon
    Seatpost Easton EA30 8) hell yeah :) Also been for a ride with ORANGE_MAN soi have pic to put up of that :)

148di7o.jpg

2ujp54g.jpg

29mvofo.jpg

2rq29vc.jpg
  • yamaha46
    yamaha46 Posts: 199
    Looking good.
    I have the same bike. Thinking about getting longer forks.
    What is the travel on your Bombers? 120? 140?
    How do you you find the ride now compared to the darts.
    Is the geometry noticable changed? Higher bottom bracket and slacker head angle?
    I'm guessing the bike is more lively and more fun on the downhill !! :wink:
  • Another vote for the white pedals, I think it would look the nuts with them!
  • j96_2
    yamaha46 wrote:
    Looking good.
    I have the same bike. Thinking about getting longer forks.
    What is the travel on your Bombers? 120? 140?
    How do you you find the ride now compared to the darts.
    Is the geometry noticable changed? Higher bottom bracket and slacker head angle?
    I'm guessing the bike is more lively and more fun on the downhill !! :wink:

Sorry not replied laptop down, took me ages to reach a computer that works :P
    Yeh a lot better with the longer forks its a lot smoother and cos they are air you can adjust them easily. mine are currently set to 120mm but i've heard its really easy to change em' to 140mm. Compared to darts thy are amazing, dunno about ures but mine were like pogo sticks :L I aint tested em on a trail yet but off to Gisburn Forest next saturday so i'll soon find out :)
  • j96_2
    Another vote for the white pedals, I think it would look the nuts with them!

Not got em yet but will do soon :)
  • j96_2
    Went for a ride at Gisburn forest road the red run (the 8) with friends was a good laugh and highly reccomended :)
  • j96_2
    sorry the above should say the 8 not the 8) :P thought i'd ut up some pics of the bike after the ride, it was bloody filthy :L
    nd528k.jpg

110j98m.jpg

iozva8.jpg

Was instantly washed :P
  • My Carrera looks like that after visiting Gisburn last sunday!. Whereabouts do you live?
  • j96_2
    Sherburn nr. Leeds and i went on saturday :P
  • j96_2
    did you do hully gully? i loved that :P first time i'd been
  • j96_2
    My Carrera looks like that after visiting Gisburn last sunday!. Whereabouts do you live?

sherburn nr. Leeds and i went on saturday :P

did you do hully gully? i loved that :P first time i'd been
  • yamaha46
    Hey thanks for reply.

Got some marzocchis like yours on ebay, they are 'all mountain 3' Air 130mm
    Haven't got a shock pump yet to play with them.
    Think they are set fairly firm.
    I really like them. The bike is much better now, changes the geometry in a good way,
    higher bb/handlebar and slacker head angle.
    It now feals more like a Trek Remedy full susser i hired recently.
    :D

I also put on a 2 ring chainset with bash gaurd (hand me down from brother), Don't use big ring, and it means i can run a shorter chain (less chain slap). and got a Maxxis high roller 2.35 tyre on the front, feels really good, more grip and sturdier. just need another for the back now. :wink:

The only negative is that the fork, although 130mm is actually 50mm longer than the Darts, and have seen a vid where the rider lands a jump and the haedtube snaps right off. :shock: rider looked OK, was wearing a full facer.
    Plenty of people on the forums saying not to run a longer fork than the frame is designed for as the headtube is not strong enough. So now thinking of whether i need a new frame. :? Don't want to though as the set up now is perfect.
  • j96_2
    yamaha46 wrote:
    Hey thanks for reply.

Got some marzocchis like yours on ebay, they are 'all mountain 3' Air 130mm
    Haven't got a shock pump yet to play with them.
    Think they are set fairly firm.
    I really like them. The bike is much better now, changes the geometry in a good way,
    higher bb/handlebar and slacker head angle.
    It now feals more like a Trek Remedy full susser i hired recently.
    :D

I also put on a 2 ring chainset with bash gaurd (hand me down from brother), Don't use big ring, and it means i can run a shorter chain (less chain slap). and got a Maxxis high roller 2.35 tyre on the front, feels really good, more grip and sturdier. just need another for the back now. :wink:

The only negative is that the fork, although 130mm is actually 50mm longer than the Darts, and have seen a vid where the rider lands a jump and the haedtube snaps right off. :shock: rider looked OK, was wearing a full facer.
    Plenty of people on the forums saying not to run a longer fork than the frame is designed for as the headtube is not strong enough. So now thinking of whether i need a new frame. :? Don't want to though as the set up now is perfect.
    mine are 120mm and they feel great i'd say not to go any further than 130mm tho. would love to see a pic, link please?? :D
  • yamaha46
    I guess i'll have to get a shock pump. and have a play.
    Will try and get a pic up for you. Don't have one to hand.
    Try and take one tommorow. :wink:
  • j96_2
    yamaha46 wrote:
    I guess i'll have to get a shock pump. and have a play.
    Will try and get a pic up for you. Don't have one to hand.
    Try and take one tommorow. :wink:

I just borrowed a friends but yeh would be handy to have one :)
    fair does matey :)