why are they so many idiots

13»

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    BigAirNig wrote:
    Not sure I get what you mean there!?!?

If the Chav says - it's got Maxxis Tyres, or an SDG saddle, or Race Face cranks, or XT gears, the cop can look at the bike to see if that is what it has - since the bits usually have their name written on them !!

I've generally found that your average beat bobbie knows next to squat about bikes, so even if the chav can run off a few parts fitted to the bike, the officer isn't going to know the difference.

For example, if you're running a set of Race Face Respond cranks, which say 'Respond' in big green letter on the side. How is the copper going to know if that's the make or the model? We work, live, eat and sleep bikes, not everyone does
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    they are relly stupid guys. oh good. why?

eh ? speak english please , no chav babble on here thanks :)
  • BigAirNig
    BigAirNig Posts: 296
    BigAirNig wrote:
    Not sure I get what you mean there!?!?

If the Chav says - it's got Maxxis Tyres, or an SDG saddle, or Race Face cranks, or XT gears, the cop can look at the bike to see if that is what it has - since the bits usually have their name written on them !!

I've generally found that your average beat bobbie knows next to squat about bikes, so even if the chav can run off a few parts fitted to the bike, the officer isn't going to know the difference.

For example, if you're running a set of Race Face Respond cranks, which say 'Respond' in big green letter on the side. How is the copper going to know if that's the make or the model? We work, live, eat and sleep bikes, not everyone does

It shouldn't be too hard to have enough parts on the bike that DO have enough of a name or info written on them, that the owner could name/describe - as opposed to someone unfamiliar with the bike not knowing the parts at all ...... coppers can read!

In your example - it's likely the owner would know they had 'respond' written on them, whereas someone who didn't know the bike would not .....
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 50 (+ upgrades.....!)
  • RevellRider
    BigAirNig wrote:
    It shouldn't be too hard to have enough parts on the bike that DO have enough of a name or info written on them, that the owner could name/describe - as opposed to someone unfamiliar with the bike not knowing the parts at all ...... coppers can read!

In your example - it's likely the owner would know they had 'respond' written on them, whereas someone who didn't know the bike would not .....

So can chavs :P
  • BigAirNig
    Yes - of course ..... !!

And simply state to the police that it is your bike and you can name all the parts on it ...... without having to look.

Hide the bike from the Chav and they will not .... it's not really too difficult a concept is it !?

The rider will know their own bike better than anyone else .... so will be able to describe any part of the bike, such as coloured bits or stickers or scratches/dents etc etc .....

It would be highly unlikely for anyone else to know such detail on a bike that was not theirs, if just passing by.

End of .....

:wink:
  • RevellRider
    I can see this going round and round in circles. :P

Alternatively, you could of just decked the chav and sprinted off in the first place
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    I can see this going round and round in circles. :P

Alternatively, you could of just decked the chav and sprinted off in the first place

i prefer your plan.
    rather not have the fate of my bike decided by a copper who doesn't know the difference between shimano and sram.
  • BigAirNig
    Shimano and SRAM would be WRITTEN on it - so once again I add .... Not difficult

if the cop can read then that's all that matters - he does not need to determine on looks of the item - just read who made it .....

Arrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh !!
  • 5T3_v3
    5T3_v3 Posts: 11
    i tryed listing off the parts to the copper but he said that the only proof they want is the serial no: so i sugest everybody regester your bike but dont register with the police as it is only a sticker with 3 digits on iv registerd my bike with norco and writen the rest down as im not shure who to do it with
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    I've got a copy of all the paperwork on my phone. Can't see a copper disputing that when the paperwork has the frame number written on it, along with my name and address which is on my driving license. My postcode is written on the bike in UV ink as well, so unless the chav had been raiding my bins, he's not gonna know what it is.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    So, you are telling me if a PC doesn't believe it is your bike they take it from you and give it to another person . . . :?

Right . . .

Have I woken up on another planet? :roll:
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    alfablue wrote:
    So, you are telling me if a PC doesn't believe it is your bike they take it from you and give it to another person . . . :?

Right . . .

Have I woken up on another planet? :roll:

not exactly, or at least it won't be as straight forward as that. Hopefully...

UV ink - pretty neat.
  • 5T3_v3
    at the time i was so worried about that bein the case or the bike taken from me and crushed i was gettin shirty and readying myself for a quick exit but i think that made it worse but i can take solous in the fact that the chavs would of had to prove it was theres by now witch they must have squat proof so im now making all the proof its mine and putting it in my riding bag
    if this ever happens agen i think im gonna buy a demic just to practice on
  • Hyufsko
    Hyufsko Posts: 37
    The cops would never believe a group of chavs and even if they did..... Whoever provides proof of purchase gets the bike. And in an extreme case, you'd go to court with the chav and you would still get to keep the bike and the chav would pay court fee's (1000's). I'm pretty sure the chav wouldnt go to court.

Specialized FSRxc Comp '10
  • slimboyjim
    slimboyjim Posts: 367
    I don't really get why everyone is surprised the police officer asked the question - the bike could have been stolen at a previous date. How would you feel if you told a police officer someone had your stolen bike, but he didn't believe you and let them leave without so much as asking the question?

I'm quite sure that the OP kept his bike too, otherwise his post would have been MUCH different!
  • capoz77
    capoz77 Posts: 503
    5T3_v3 wrote:
    at the time i was so worried about that bein the case or the bike taken from me and crushed i was gettin shirty and readying myself for a quick exit but i think that made it worse but i can take solous in the fact that the chavs would have had to prove it was theres by now witch they must have squat proof so im now making all the proof its mine and putting it in my riding bag
    if this ever happens agen i think im gonna buy a demic just to practice on

Was this in Oldham town centre?

I'm really having a hard time believing this actually happened! Did you just make it all up? :lol:
  • 5T3_v3
    if you know oldham town center youl know the meca bingo nere halfords
    i was just between them when it happend it was a few weeks ago now
    iv not ridden in the town centre since

i was serching for some forgoton trails on here when i decided to post it as to this day i still
    dont belleve it myself
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    has the person falsley claiming it was their bike been arrested for wasting police time?