why are they so many idiots

5T3_v3
5T3_v3 Posts: 11
edited June 2010 in MTB general
why are they so many idiots who walk round with bottles of aftershock who always walk up pointing saying "oi thats my bike" when it is ovious its not been stolen i had to stand in full armor cleats and helmet and prove to the police that i havent just stolen the bike while this pleb and his mates are trying to claim the bike but what else can i do anybody else had owt like this happen as it just dont seem realistic

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Do you have to ride where these people drink their aftershocks?
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    mad as a sack of badgers :roll:

I'm always seeing yobs at the trails with a bottle of aftershock in their hands..

Pesky :lol:
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Protip: Don't go through Zombieland on your bike :P
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    5T3_v3 wrote:
    why are they so many idiots who walk round with bottles of aftershock who always walk up pointing saying "oi thats my bike" when it is ovious its not been stolen i had to stand in full armor cleats and helmet and prove to the police that i havent just stolen the bike while this pleb and his mates are trying to claim the bike but what else can i do anybody else had owt like this happen as it just dont seem realistic

Why did you go clubbing with your bike and armour?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    How very strange.

I'm surprised the bouncers even let you in in Storm Trooper attire, down here trainers are frowned upon!
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    5T3_v3 wrote:

Would a receipt not do it for the police?
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    5T3_v3 wrote:

Would a receipt not do it for the police?

Yeah, I always carry a receipt for my bike in my camelback :?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • RevellRider
    So, I can go and mug a chav for his bike. Just as long as I have my cycling gear with me I can get away with it then?
  • paul.skibum
    If you want a Shockwave with perished tyres and a rusty chain go for it.

I don't really get what happened to the OP - a bunch of drunk chavs called the police to somewhere he was riding to claim he had their bike? Why did he not ride off? What were these guys doing where he was riding? I hardly ever see anyone on the bridleways I ride on and if I do in places like Swinley they are all fellow riders with their own bikes and the police arent anywhere in sight anyway!

But I still dont carry a receipt for my bike - I have a picture of me riding it in the Alps last summer on my mobile phone which might work!
  • RevellRider
    There are kids riding round here on stolen high end mountain bikes.

Yeah, the whole standing around waiting for the idiots to call the police and then waiting for the police to turn up does sound a little daft
  • CraziScot
    CraziScot Posts: 66
    There are kids riding round here on stolen high end mountain bikes.

Same round by me.
  • paul.skibum
    But surely they dont steal the bikes by pretending they own the one someone is riding by on?!
  • That's a bit more original than the approach tried on me last year.

Cycle up to my local shops on my spotlessly clean Iron Horse. There's a couple of yoofs chatting by the bike bar, one on a smeggy old something or other.

"Nice bike mate"
    "Ta...."
    "Don't worry about locking it up, we'll keep an eye on it for you"

I actually laughed out loud
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    I fucking hate scum. A nice smash over the head with a D-lock will suffice.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    what flavour aftershock was it ?
    :wink:
  • Oxygen Thief
    Red is my fav shot of all time. Followed by sambuca. :)
  • 5T3_v3
    edited June 2010

yes i do but its a fetish thing

i was just riding thru my local town center to meet up with a few ridin buddies as this punk came up to me shoutin thats my bike one police man was just behind them n decided to intervine

i do understand there are loads of stolen bikes but if your in full gear and usein cleats youve probly not stole it espesaly if your cleats are coustom made to your feet
  • biff55
    Red is my fav shot of all time. Followed by sambuca. :)

Oh ! , so YOU'RE one of the aftershock drinking chav scum as well.
    tsk , tsk , its a d-locking for you m'lad.
    :D:wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Please don't use text talk.

Is against the rulez.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    supersonic wrote:

Where - as I can't see any... or missing something...
  • biff55
    5T3_v3 wrote:

yes i do but its a fetish thing

i was just riding thru my local town center to meet up with a few ridin buddies as this punk came up to me shoutin thats my bike one police man was just behind them n decided to intervine

i do understand there are loads of stolen bikes but if ur in full gear and usein cleats uv probly not stole it

i would have pointed out the drinking in public issues to the copper and cycled off.
    this country is full of dicks who are envious of anyone who has stuff they dont.
    i sympathisewith you.
    tip for next time and i've had this myself ,
    next time you here someone shout at you and you dont recognise them from a brief glance - drop a gear and boot it.
  • 5T3_v3
    i was lining the chav up for a good sucker punch at the time but if i had that wouldnt of ended well every good spot i know to ride is always the same some group of drunk chavs with a stolen moped or summat else iv been jumped many times but once you get so fast u can drop em easy there useually that drunk but now iv taken to riding at 5 am to get away from em witch works wel as the spots are dead but not good if u ride on your own as i fell and almost kebabed my leg on me handel bars
  • Oxygen Thief
    Haha, I don't drink it from the bottle in the street or in forests! I do like a few shots on a night out though.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    supersonic wrote:

Where - as I can't see any... or missing something...

Perhaps referring to the lack of use of

* Capital letters
    * Punctuation
    * Rudimentary spelling

?

To the OP, sounds like you need to find somewhere else to ride, or make frequent reports to the police about these dickheads that are accosting you on a regular basis. Who knows, they might eventually even do something about it.
  • biff55
    supersonic wrote:
    chavsonic wrote:
    Is against the rulez.

hypocrite.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Take a 2.2 rifle with you. Pretend you're doing a spot of biathlon(with a bike instead of skis). Find a good vantage point on the trail and shoot the aftershock bottles out of their hands. :)
  • Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    I personally think hunting chavs should be legalised and endorsed - especially now the upper classes can't hunt foxes any more. Think of it as a kind of pest control...

But ultimately the lesson here is to avoid these scum at all costs when your riding the very expensive bike they fancy nicking.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    your mum isnt a welder is she?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    your mum isnt a welder is she?

:lol:
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    biff55 wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    chavsonic wrote:
    Is against the rulez.

hypocrite.

Missing the point, innit?

-_- :p

OP - holy shit... that is pretty bad. Sometimes when I walk out of a shop I think that if anyone does something similar to your case, or thinks I'm trying to steal it - I have a helmet, gloves and cycling shoes on. :p (crosses my mind sometimes :p)

What did the pou-lees say?