Most expensive bike?

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    FFS

If you're not interested in a thread, don't post on it.

It's not rocket science, is it?

Spare me your sanctimonious "how vulgar" crap.

I'm interested in expensive bikes - this is a crime against humanity, is it?

Get a life.

bc

The thread interested me. QED I posted.

No it isn't - although that phrase always confuses me as rocket science is pretty elementary stuff.

It is pretty vulgar thoughbut.

Apparently. No.

Got one.

B
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    FFS

Get a life.

bc

+1 i like to see things i'll never be able to afford 8)

@Ben6899, you come across as a thoroughly nice guy, assume the numbers at the end of your username represent your date of birth :roll:
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513

so how 'cheap' does a bike have to be before you lose interest in it..?? Just wondering where your 'cut-off' point is..?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    @Ben6899, you come across as a thoroughly nice guy, assume the numbers at the end of your username represent your date of birth :roll:

I am a thoroughly nice guy, but I'm also not afraid of speaking my mind. The numbers are related to football.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Hibbs
    Hibbs Posts: 291
    FFS

Get a life.

bc

The thing is this isn't about expensive bikes. If it was a thread of "show us your superbikes", fair enough. But it's a thread entirely about money.

Anyhoo....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    FFS

Get a life.

bc

Woohoo, check out Mr Grumpy.... :o
    You couldn't wait to show everyone how much your bike was, and now you are whining about other posters having an opinion, who made you king Shite of turd mountain ? :D
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Hibbs wrote:
    FFS

Get a life.

bc

The thing is this isn't about expensive bikes. If it was a thread of "show us your superbikes", fair enough. But it's a thread entirely about money.

Anyhoo....

I agree, very crass.

I was always taught that to show off ones wealth is really very vulgar...

I dont show somone my watch then follow it up with "this one cost XYZ...."
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    my frame cost me four camels.
  • Iwingstein
    Iwingstein Posts: 111
    I can't see the prob of expensive bikes or even letting people know what you've spent on them.

After all, this is a hobby and they can get serious. I once took up flying model planes and, even building from plans, buying a motor and radio kit, you could easily spend a grand and that was 10+ years ago. Some will spend several k on a jetengine. Do I begrudge them, like fun do I. I do like watching them though.

I'm going to Goodwood Festival of Speed in a couple of weeks - should I cancel because there'll probably be more money spent on fuel than I'll earn in a coule of years. No, it's a chance for me to see stuff I can only dream off (like a burger for 8 quid).

No I can't afford an expensive bike and I couldn't do it justice anyway, but then how many people in Porsche/Ferrari can either.

Some have loads of cash to flash and (unless you're a footballer) I have no prob with knowing how much you spent on whatever.
  • antikythera
    antikythera Posts: 326
    Scrumple wrote:
    my frame cost me four camels.

How much for your sister? :lol:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,817
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Yep. Thread fail. I built my Cadex for ~£600 and I could probably ride it in reverse quicker than some overweight poser on a £6K Trek.

Probably.

But that overweight poser on a £6k Trek probably spends most of his time earning lots of money. :wink:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Yep. Thread fail. I built my Cadex for ~£600 and I could probably ride it in reverse quicker than some overweight poser on a £6K Trek.

Probably.

But that overweight poser on a £6k Trek probably spends most of his time earning lots of money. :wink:

Personally, I'm all in favour of overweight posers buying the most expensive toys out there, because they are exactly the folks who get bored with the whole idea and sell them off almost unused and cheap, especially when the bank places that margin call on them and they are desperate for cash!!!

I'm old enough to remember the stockmarket crash in October '87. Did a little research at the time: the week *before* the crash, there were 13 Porsche 911's for sale in the local classifieds. The week *after*, there were 57, and prices had dropped dramatically.... bargain hunter heaven!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • lae
    lae Posts: 555
    There should be a cheapest bike thread.

My old Raleigh cost me -£13. Bought for £12, sold 27" chromed wheels for £25, replaced with decent-ish 700c ally wheels which I got free from work when someone upgraded.
  • Hibbs
    Hibbs Posts: 291

Oh dear, now the thread will be full of scousers showing off about their carbon superbikes "acquired" for nothing.

:wink::lol:
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Hibbs wrote:

Oh dear, now the thread will be full of scousers showing off about their carbon superbikes "acquired" for nothing.

:wink::lol:

and Asians!
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    10 grand on a pushbike you must be a pro
    going downhill slowly
  • I feel a Mastercard advert coming on.......

Frame 4k

Wheels 5k

Groupset 1k

.....getting dropped by the guy with toe straps on a Raleigh Banana....priceless :D

Dude,that is fantastic...........funniest thing i have read for ages.True of course for I was once the guy with a banana
  • This thread is also handy for thief's / burglar's
    Burglar says "What's that? you have 7grands worth of bike?, and I can get your IP address and home address (if computer hacker type), I'll be round in 5!!"

THREAD FAIL
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    Ben6899 wrote:

No it isn't - although that phrase always confuses me as rocket science is pretty elementary stuff.

True. Rocket engineering on the other hand.....
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Funny actualy. I was just thinking yesterday of all the fancy bike bits id buy if i won the lottery here it is:

Colnago M10 (white spray job) £2500.00
    Mavic Ultimate Carbones £2025.00
    Campag S.Record Groupo £1500.00
    FSA Light/SRM Pro Power Meter £2630.00
    SMP Full Carbon Saddle £450.00
    Speedplay Nano Ti Peddals £538.00
    Colnago Seat Post (estimate) £125.00
    FSA Stem & Bar £422.00
    Tubular Tyres £140.00
    Garmin 705 £350.00

TOTAL: £10,680.00

Id have to win £250,000 + on the lottery before i spent this much on a bike!

You could add another £1000.00 to that for some Sidi Carbon Shoes, Assos Bibs, Jersey, Helmet, Gloves, Oakley Jawbone Sun Glasses.
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    There seems to be a lot of discussion on this thread but no pictures :-(
  • 45rpm
    45rpm Posts: 43
    718_21.jpg $313 bargain for a ferrari push rod
  • 45rpm
    45rpm Posts: 43
    a mere $19500 one of these, old news i know so probably the price has increased
    hublot-bmc-03.jpg
    http://watch-happening.blogspot.com/2009/06/new-release-hublot-bicycle.html
  • mr_eddy
    mr_eddy Posts: 830
    I have a raleigh activator, Its $100,000,000 I am going to use it to take over the world!

MMMWWWAAAAAAAAH HAAAA HAAAA
  • 26042010354.jpg
    £20 from a guy in whitby
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    This would probably be the most expensive bike if bought at auction...

800px-EddyMerckxHourRecordBike.jpg
  • sorry to be a thicko Nap, but why?
  • PS Why the hell are hublot messing with bikes?
  • leej88
    leej88 Posts: 12
    Can't believe there's so much hoo haa going on over a post like that.

I want to see the bikes! :P :twisted: