Dauphine Stage 3 - SPOILER

1235»

Comments

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Ooooo you're a funny monkey, one might even say a cheeky one
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Nice to see our "neutrals", aren't quite as "neutral" as they would have us believe.
    What a surprise.

I know. I'm as shocked as you are to find that iain has it in for EBH.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Anyway, Contador, what's that all about? I thought true champions turned up to race and win every time?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    No he's naturally modest now.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    He's been injured most of the season then

That's what they say.

Injured and suddenly posts an immense performance. Yes, that makes sense.

Umm, yeah, performing poorly or more often not at all when injured and regaining form when healthy makes perfect sense... What would you expect?
    What makes your weak accussations even more ludicrous is that EBH should first and foremost be a man for the classics and he was either a no show or might as well have been this spring.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited June 2010
    Reasoning for the three non-finishers:
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/4483/ ... ne-TT.aspx

Re Contador some of you are so impartial and illogical, not to mention possessing double standards it is a complete joke.

He came 6th out of 176 riders. That is brilliant. It is even more amazing given he has declared he isn't going all out, he said he wasn't comfortable, was going somewhat easier on the corners, and doesn't have previous winning form in these long TTs.

The funny thing too is that if he had won you would have been the first to say he is doing it doped.

And why has no one mentioned anything about Janez? Why hasn't anyone questioned his performance? You are so super quick to question other riders performances and call doper. And he supposedly lost 30secs with a bike change. And he is straight out of Disco and Astana.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    And why has no one mentioned anything about Janez? Why hasn't anyone questioned his performance? You are so super quick to question other riders performances and call doper. And he supposedly lost 30secs with a bike change. And he is straight out of Disco and Astana.
    Because it's taken as a given? :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    Also for those who don't know, today is a summit finish, tomorrow is a HC climb followed by a descent, Saturday is a summit finish and Sunday finished with 5 Cat 3 climbs on a finishing circuit. Plenty of opportunity for someone to do some damage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Kléber wrote:

Loads of people questioned his performance a couple of pages back, did they not?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Kléber wrote:

+ about a hundred

Strava is not Zen.
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    Kléber wrote:
    Brajkovic has never really lived up to his early promise though, has he? Only glimpses here and there.

Not a good responder? Not getting the 'right treatment'? It's odd, considering he has spent his entire professional career with Bruyneel. It's a bit popovychian.
  • frenchfighter
    Oh really, why doesn't that logic apply to all the other riders that are slandered. Hmmm
    Contador is the Greatest
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850

He came 6th out of 176 riders. That is brilliant. It is even more amazing given he has declared he isn't going all out, he said he wasn't comfortable, was going somewhat easier on the corners, and doesn't have previous winning form in these long TTs.

So when Brad reached the podium in a very early 20K TT you reckon he had no excuse, yet when Bertie comes 6th in a long TT with a hill (at which he as no form? Not unless you count beating Fab in the TdF, no) there are plenty of excuses

:roll:

Mind you the idea that this makes him somehow more vulnerable for the TdF is fairly laughable too.

Strava is not Zen.
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    iainf72 wrote:
    And I'm taking the mickey a lot of the time. I think EBH is overhyped, because as you pointed out, he peaks for crap races. And for the official record, I do think he's talented and I don't think he's goofed up. But I also don't find him that interesting as a rider.
    Ok, cool.

Overhyped? The world being what it is, I do suspect he will never live up to his 'real potential', and I've already accepted that, just like I long since came to realize that Hushovd would never win a Classic.
  • disgruntledgoat
    samb01 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    And I'm taking the mickey a lot of the time. I think EBH is overhyped, because as you pointed out, he peaks for crap races. And for the official record, I do think he's talented and I don't think he's goofed up. But I also don't find him that interesting as a rider.
    Ok, cool.

Overhyped? The world being what it is, I do suspect he will never live up to his 'real potential', and I've already accepted that, just like I long since came to realize that Hushovd would never win a Classic.

Hyped like I've never seen anyone hyped.. How nobody Procycling got around to comparing the two riders palmeres at the same age before proclaiming him the best rider since Merckx is beyond me.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    So, in sum, considering he went into the Dauphine with a lightweight mentality, has a lightweight record in the Dauphine long TTs, took the corners as a lightweight, and felt a bit lightweight, he did pretty well. Yes, I don't think anyone could argue with that.

But thanks for pointing out that Peraud crash - quickly off to change my PTP pick. Much appreciated.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,474
    calvjones wrote:

So when Brad reached the podium in a very early 20K TT you reckon he had no excuse, yet when Bertie comes 6th in a long TT with a hill (at which he as no form? Not unless you count beating Fab in the TdF, no) there are plenty of excuses

:roll:

Mind you the idea that this makes him somehow more vulnerable for the TdF is fairly laughable too.

Funny, I had exactly the same thought as I read frenchfighter's post.

Did anyone mention double standards? :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    Check that crash damage. That course was attractive but oddly poor surfaces.

From http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/colehill/ ... hinelibre#
    DSC_0202.JPG
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    They should try the TT I did on tuesday night. The back half was a bunch of holes connected by tarmac, in the wet.

@gietvangent
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    Yes, coz Contador didn't lose time in last years CLM in the Dauphine.

I'm sure he's bricking himself. :roll:

he didn't look like he was training today...attacked plenty at the end...rattled by yesterday. He's probably as offended as Lance was in 2003 when Mayo was starting to upstage him at the Dauphine. Contador will go into the red now I bet..
  • frenchfighter
    One thing is for sure, the Astana team looked strong in the last stages. Contador will have all the mountain domestiques he needs. He obviously inspired confidence, cohesion and commitment in his team.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dave_1
    Arkibal wrote:
    micron wrote:
    So is this another case of motodoping? :wink:

or the good old dr Ferrari is back at work for the Team??

Where is the outrage when a climber skinner than even Contador smashes the field in a long TT? He took more time after the climb, on the flat part, and also had time to change his bike!

U 23 world TT champion, done 5 years since at top teams...held lead the Vuelta in 2006. Why would he do well in a TT now? Must be drugs , could only be that :roll:
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    [quote="Dave_1"U 23 world TT champion, done 5 years since at top teams...held lead the Vuelta in 2006. Why would he do well in a TT now? Must be drugs , could only be that :roll:[/quote]

All ran by Bruyneel.
    I didn't say he was on drugs, I asked where was the outrage when a skinny climber could win a long, mostly flat TT.
  • dave_1
    Arkibal wrote:
    [quote="Dave_1"U 23 world TT champion, done 5 years since at top teams...held lead the Vuelta in 2006. Why would he do well in a TT now? Must be drugs , could only be that :roll:

All ran by Bruyneel.
    I didn't say he was on drugs, I asked where was the outrage when a skinny climber could win a long, mostly flat TT.[/quote]

All ran by Bruyneel= he was on drugs for most people...well..am not sure what you think...that was a long TT and so big time gaps for the guys on poor form and top form?
    Danielson made complaints at the time about having to work for him but he lead the Vuelta in the mountains in 2006...was defo no slouch.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    I've just realised this is stage 3 spoiler and not stage 5, I thought I was posting about.
    One thing is for sure, the Astana team looked strong in the last stages. Contador will have all the mountain domestiques he needs. He obviously inspired confidence, cohesion and commitment in his team.
    Seemed to be enjoying himself today without any worries and to prove it they let someone go up the road to see if he could perform. Not a bad day for sure.
    Yes tomorrow a few spurts up D'Huez should do it for this week now he knows what adjustments the TT bike needs.
    He only wants a podium for everything going to plan 8), I would say and just what I expected like last year.

Remember this is the "A Team" (sorry, nearly right, it's Astana)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • frenchfighter
    edited October 2012
    check
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    Arkibal wrote:
    Where is the outrage when a climber skinner than even Contador smashes the field in a long TT? He took more time after the climb, on the flat part, and also had time to change his bike!
    What makes him a climber? His only previous wins have been in TT's.

Care to ask that again?
    Didn't think so.