Planet X - is poor customer service normal or am I unlucky?

Comments

• sounds to me like planet x infatuation.

bad manners is bad manners
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    From the Dictionary :

week·end (wknd)
    n.
    The end of the week, especially the period from Friday evening through Sunday evening.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/weekend
  • adi700
    adi700 Posts: 1
    It's 2014 now, 4 years after this thread was started.
    I purchased a bike through planetx online system. They said my bike will be build 11 days after I made the purchase (the payment). It is now 16 days after my purchase and they haven't built the bike yet.
    Really frustrated.
  • 16 days over the xmas period??

N
  • Serious Cat
    Serious Cat Posts: 489
    edited January 2014
    From reading this thread the lesson Im learning is if I have to ring PX to order something and the person on the phone gives their name as Caroline ............Im asking to speak to somebody else
    This serious internet site..............I serious cat
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Seriously ? Were you expecting the Planet X Elves to be busy at work all over Xmas ?

I can't be bothered to count but surely it cannot have been 11 business days if you include bank holidays and weekends ?
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    adi700 wrote:
    I purchased a bike through planetx online system. They said my bike will be build 11 days after I made the purchase (the payment). It is now 16 days after my purchase and they haven't built the bike yet.
    Really frustrated.

Unlike Canyon who always deliver on time throughout the year. :roll:
  • I ordered some tyres from them 4 hours ago and they haven't arrived yet :x . It's bloody disgraceful!
  • I ordered 5 Inner tubes and got only 4 BUT had a cycle computer put in the box instead ...awaiting there reply LOL.
  • adi700 wrote:
    Really frustrated.

You ordered a bike 4 years ago and still waiting? Write them a letter instead of an email.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    Pile up high sell em cheap ..... Something somewhere has to suffer
  • forget Caroline we all know whose to blame for this don't we ...
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Erm ..... Wiggle? :D

Can't believe someones bothered to dig up a four year old thread?!?!?

Tbf ... At least the owner had the balls to reply! As someone who is spending a fair bit of time mulling over the rt58 at the moment I find that sort of reassuring.
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • reme-luke
    reme-luke Posts: 122
    I ordered a bike from Planet X in June last year from ordering to delivery it was 10 days just as they said it would be and the kept me well informed with each stage.
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    Planet X have been good with a number of orders I have made and delivered them promptly. But a couple of years ago they took my money for a frame that was shown in stock but still hadn't arrived 5 weeks later. It took several phone calls to eventually not get fobbed off and to get my money back. I have been wary since then and not been back as a customer.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    The old web site was a bit chaotic with stock levels but the new one looks to have more accurate information about the available stock.
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Had some shocking service off them lately. One order was perfect, the other was a shambles from start to finish, involved the CEO and other senior management but still didn't work. They can't get it right 100%of the time but it sucks when you are in the 2% they get wrong.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Found them quite hit and miss, recently they had an offer on where if you spent £30 a friend got a £10 off voucher, a family member spent said £30 and put my email down for the voucher, which never came, despite several emails asking where it was.

Eventually, I decided a couple of months later to try once more, and managed to get a response. Had to ring up to use the discount, and the person on the other end of the phone wasn't the most customer friendly I have to say. Ultimately though, the goods I ordered turned up quickly.

Have been thinking about buying a bike from them, but this sort of service puts me off giving them a couple of grand. Shame really, though I haven't ruled out using them, as I find their stuff extremely good value.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • R0B75
    R0B75 Posts: 376
    I've spent a ridiculous amount of money at Planet X in the last few years. Been there many times and they've always been friendly, even when busy.

As someone else said, they don't always get it right though as I've had the odd issue, but they have always sorted me out and in general have provided excellent customer service. My orders always arrive quickly and only once was there an incorrect item on my order. A quick phone call and they sent out a replacement immediately.

Currently getting my Sram shifters repaired/replaced under warranty by Planet X and fully expect it to be sorted quickly with no issues.
  • Wow

I actually ended up working at planet x and forgot I'd even posted on here. (I no longer work there)

I've worked in a few bike shops and planet x was really good, regardless of what people say they truly do try and look after customers and have a great customer care team.
    The company is huge now and it's hard to keep up with demand, it seemed there where a couple of new staff every week.
    As a former employee I gladly shop with them, they are run well and they do their best.. Any mistakes that are made are down to increased volume. It's a fine balance and very hard to keep up.

They are a million miles above another bike company based not to far from them who are truly dire to work for and really dont seem to care about anything but ££££.
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    I have ordered numerous items from Planet X and the service has been perfectly acceptable.
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • Does anyone have a discount code?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Wow

I actually ended up working at planet x and forgot I'd even posted on here. (I no longer work there)

I've worked in a few bike shops and planet x was really good, regardless of what people say they truly do try and look after customers and have a great customer care team.
    The company is huge now and it's hard to keep up with demand, it seemed there where a couple of new staff every week.
    As a former employee I gladly shop with them, they are run well and they do their best.. Any mistakes that are made are down to increased volume. It's a fine balance and very hard to keep up.

They are a million miles above another bike company based not to far from them who are truly dire to work for and really dont seem to care about anything but ££££.
    Can you explain why they never answer the phone or reply to emails? I have an ongoing issue with them and it's like pullingteeth. The only way to get them to contact you is to shame them in to calling you on the Facebook page (Which a lot of other people seem to have cottoned on to)

I love the products but the customer service is honestly the worst I have ever experienced. They need to get someone in from outside the industry who has worked in retail to sort them out. Its great that they do stuff at good prices but if they cant back it up by dealing with customers I would rather go elsewhere and pay more. Still have my ongoing issue and even copied in the CEO but I have heard nothing back. I'm almost at the stage where I'm going to drive up there and throw the weels in through the shop door and drive off...
  • cougie
    I've rung them up in the last week and they answered the phone both times. Are you sure you have the right number - or are you ringing after hours or something ?
  • I had a lot of problems with them last year in getting my wheels replaced, rang and emailed countless times so i put a complaint message on there facebook which they soon attended too. I had so much trouble and had to miss numerous races due to no wheels that i vowed not to buy from them again this was over 4 sets of wheels and numerous months, they replaced the wheels but not quickly by any means... Admittedly there prices are to good to be missed and it comes very quickly so i have bought numerous things since and havnt had a problem.
    I felt i was even with the brand when i went into the shop and found that they had priced a lot of clothing wrong, needless to say i bought a considerable amount of stuff for under £10 when it should have been a lot more lol
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Just going through a very poor experience with Planet X myself, never had a retail experience this poor from any other online retailer :(
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Bought a Thomson seatpost through their Ebay shop on Sunday morning.

Got email Sunday pm confirming order had been picked for dispatch.

Seatpost arrived Tuesday.

No complaints from me
  • cougie
    Bought a bike at the store on Sunday - perfect - no bother at all and they couldnt have done it better.

Bought online some kit Sunday night and that arrived Tuesday.

I don't think any business can get it right 100% of the time - but how many people start a thread when stuff arrives perfectly OK.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Just going through a very poor experience with Planet X myself, never had a retail experience this poor from any other online retailer :(
    In a follow up to this, The Customer Experience Advisor called me and end result by way of apology is a planet X jersey free of charge, above and beyond what was expected in way of apology, many thanks Lucy at Planet X.
    I'll certainly be spending money there in future knowing that if there is a problem it will be sorted
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Planet X have also sorted my problem as far as I can tell, looks like it was an error with the rim tape supplied so they sent some wider stuff through. Apparently my email hadn't got through for some reason so they have sorted it out.

They possibly need to put some procedures in place to make sure emails don't slip through the net in the future as I was so frustrated that's why I came on here and went on their facebook page. It did do the trick in the end though...