Planet X - is poor customer service normal or am I unlucky?

13»

Comments

• I ordered a crankset last week and a rear cassette turned up instead... have emailed three times now but no response so looks like they haven't got their customer service right yet. I buy a lot of stuff online and don't think I'll be using this lot again... :(
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    Ordered a new pair of wheels Tuesday arrived Friday.
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Ordered a few bits off them over the past year or so, happy with the product's and service.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    The website seems very chaotic & pooerly updated but i've never had any problems with orders from them.

Btw sometimes the same product on there other website one one is cheaper than on px website. :o

Also loads of stuff thats listed on the website when you click on the item it its either out of stock or the price changes.
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    I've emailed them on a Saturday night about something and to my surprise I got an email back the same night!
  • paulc33
    paulc33 Posts: 254
    I have never had an issue buying from them.

But have to say their customer service team that deals with the emails are very poor. Having emailed about parts in the past. I now just call up as the guys on the phone are really helpful.

As for deliveries never had a problem. Always been really quick.
    2015 Specialized S-Works Tarmac - Ultegra Di2 (7.0kg)
    Kinesis Aithein - Ultegra mechanical (7.3kg)
    Kinesis Maxlight Xc130 - xt/ xtr (11.3kg)

spin to win!
  • Ordered a item a while back ..never got it ...every time clicked on contact us link on there help page came back " Page not found " .

Ended up e mailing there Boss Barry Dunn ( who used to be the operations manager at CRC ) who replied almost straight away ...they ended up sending me another part which i no longer need as i got fed up waiting and bought elsewhere lol
  • I too am disappointed with Planetx. Telling someone about struggling to cope with growth in no way helps existing customers. I bought a bike and am still awaiting a phone call despite being promised several times . Can't seem to find my bike . Shame because sales staff at Barnsley were friendly but it seems Sheffield doesn't care about Barnsley or customers . I was going to recommend my both organisations to take planetx on for their cycle scheme but after such appauling service I will definitely suggest they are not recommended. Anyone with business sense will realise the importance of existing customer base for repeat orders. I for one was going to buy three more bikes - 2 ti cyclocross and 1 to road ultegra but won't now. I have spoken with johnathan in Sheffield and he gave me the impression he could not care less, good luck with your growth. If u ever find my bike I paid for I would appreciate a call . No not u johnathan
    Regards
    Colin
  • I also had emailed with a couple of questions regarding potential sales and ended having to go into the shop again. If I were planetx I would be embarrassed but no, no sense of that. Their fortune is their prices and cheap product . People will put up with little customer service because it's cheaper than its competitors. "Sorry we can't answer your emails because we are growing so fast we haven't any time to attend to the customers who have already paid us".
  • jakegalley
    jakegalley Posts: 1
    hi

I am trying to get in contact with the DavePlanetx owner/director. I am having major issues with a purchase and I am being continually fobbed off. I was promised a call back 3x now and it has never happened. you have the money and i have no bike....

what is going on
  • Simmo72
    Simmo72 Posts: 262
    I've found ordering from PX (from a bike frame down to a single bolt) a pleasant experience, the items arrive quickly and are well packaged. The returns process has also been smooth.

Only once have I had a problem and that was when placed an online order just before a stock take. It took a lot longer than normal to arrive but it wasn't the end of the world.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    jakegalley wrote:
    hi

I am trying to get in contact with the DavePlanetx owner/director. I am having major issues with a purchase and I am being continually fobbed off. I was promised a call back 3x now and it has never happened. you have the money and i have no bike....

what is going on
    Try posting on their Facebook page, it's the only way I've managed to get hold of them before, they don't answer the phone.
  • antsmithmk
    antsmithmk Posts: 717
    I had an issue with a pair of gloves not too long ago. (Stitching came undone)

I emailed them about it, without pictures, and got a sorry response and a despatch note for replacements within 24 hours. They are fantastic imo.
  • jakegalley wrote:
    hi

what is going on

They sell 250 bikes a week, maybe they are busy?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jakegalley wrote:
    hi

what is going on

Hi - I'm Brant, Head of Design at Planet X.
    Sorry to hear your have an issue. Let me escalate this with our CS manager and contact you via PM.
  • terry2708
    terry2708 Posts: 92
    Bought a bike for £1400 but live in the south so hadnt seen it. I didn't like the colour (looked different in the flesh) so sent it back. Customer service was first class, didn't have one issue and excellent communications. Money back in 3 days.
    Will use them again for sure
  • Like so many other users in this thread, I share your frustration. See my post about the same, bad service.

I take note of the responses of the other people, but if you paid you money (my part of the commitment) and they do not deliver (their part of the commitment) after 68 days, I do not care how you cut it, it is bad service. Just take note, decide for yourselves.

I see even Dave (CEO) replied to this thead, but looking at his LinkedIn profile it seems that he has now also flown the coop. Maybe he was also fed up for this mess? :?

Chris
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Simmo72 wrote:
    I've found ordering from PX (from a bike frame down to a single bolt) a pleasant experience, the items arrive quickly and are well packaged. The returns process has also been smooth.

Likewise - although I can't comment on the returns service, because nothing has ever needed returning...
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    Ordered from them a couple of times. Also been in the Barnsley store. Cant fault them TBH.

Only last week I ordered a set of wheels. They were dispatched that day and arrived the following day free, - no issues.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    ordered some cleates and covers midday monday, arrived tuesday. Always good service and quick to correct problems. can't say much moe than that! I think most issues are common across the industry, they staff their business for the activity expected for 90% of the time and get a little caught out when spring suddenly appears on a thursday and the world and his dog want's everything by the weekend. I think if someone does some traffic analysis they might find a spike around the run up to easter on most of the web based bike retailers.