Cycling and flirting = "clirting"

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
So, when the smoking ban first came about, lonely men and women would take to the outside of a bar/pub and light-up to smoke in designated communal areas. The side effect of this was that, outside the bar in the smoking area became a great place to flirt.

Smoke and flirt, ergo smirting. T'was great, a Man could clean up and some would start smoking for the sheer sport of fliting in this new environment.

Its been toyed with for a while, but could cycling and flirting be the new way of picking someone up?

In recent weeks while on the bike and stopped at the lights I've been eyed up by a women in a car who went as far as to roll it back to get a better look at my butt. By Chancery Lane lights I was again eyed up by a woman who was very taken by my Protein Enhanced Nucleotide Induction System. Then in Clapham there was the French woman who fancied a chat and today there was another woman who 'busted her nut' just to catch me to tell me 'how nicegood a cyclist' I looked.

It seems cycling and flirting has somewhat merged... Could 'clirting' be the new smirting?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    In recent weeks while on the bike and stopped at the lights I've been eyed up by a women in a car who went as far as to roll it back to get a better look at my butt.

Or glanced at you and has poor clutch control...
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    By Chancery Lane lights I was again eyed up by a woman who was very taken by my Proton Enhanced Nucleotide Induction System.

Or was mesmerised by the lycra. If women are looking it's not necessarily 'cause they think you're hot... women are like well bitchy innit.
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    It seems cycling and flirting has somewhat merged... Could 'clirting' be the new smirting?

No. No it couldn't.
  • itsbruce
    itsbruce Posts: 221
    Does posting while working = porking?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    In recent weeks while on the bike and stopped at the lights I've been eyed up by a women in a car who went as far as to roll it back to get a better look at my butt.

She was all dough eyed and had her little finger in her mouth wiggling it around in their...

LiT wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

No. No it couldn't.

Why. Why not?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • lost_in_thought
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

She was all dough eyed and had her little finger in her mouth wiggling it around in their...

Oh yeah, that's definite proof. Should she really have been driving with dough in her eyes? You know how people stare absently and other people think they're being stared at? Yeah. And you know how stuff sometimes gets stuck in your teeth?
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    So...following your logic...

Cycling trouser clips, worn by a Welsh Man named Rees are called,

Clip-o-Rees?

Is this why I can't find them, as no Welsh Man can find a Cliporees...
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Experience and observation tells me that the two definitely can go together, but this is generally the exception rather than the rule.
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    She was all dough eyed

Doesn't sound too good. Was she 'rolling' them? :roll:
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Yes.

I've noticed that there are lot more Care in the Community types out and about these days.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    Ian.B wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    She was all dough eyed

Top work :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    My sidis seem to get me a lot of flirting...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    DonDaddyD wrote:

It's 'Doe-eyed' as in a female deer! Dough-eyed sounds like some nasty eye infection. She also might have had something stuck in her teeth.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I just get people trying to kill me or calling me a C*nt for no reason.
  • DonDaddyD

Oh yeah, that's definite proof. Should she really have been driving with dough in her eyes? You know how people stare absently and other people think they're being stared at? Yeah. And you know how stuff sometimes gets stuck in your teeth?

Stop hating, she found me impossibly attractive.

You know this to be true!
    It's 'Doe-eyed' as in a female deer! Dough-eyed sounds like some nasty eye infection.

Live and learn. Live and learn.
    I've noticed that there are lot more Care in the Community types out and about these days.

Actually, no there isn't. Now that the Tory's are in the top brass in the health services have decimated service funding to shield and secure their jobs.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    On Saturday I headed into town on the Mills went past a rather attractive lady about a mile or so later she catches up at some traffic lights and she says

I really love your bike and wanted to let you know but I just couldn't catch you

double flattery... aces
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Don. Mate.

Are you getting enough sex in your life?

You may be getting lots, but are you getting enough? I think your missus needs to up the ante a bit and get you too strung out for these kinds of threads.

The man is obsessed.... :roll: :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    'Flircling' is less awful, but still bad.
  • DonDaddyD
    Don. Mate.

Are you getting enough sex in your life?

You may be getting lots, but are you getting enough? I think your missus needs to up the ante a bit and get you too strung out for these kinds of threads.

The man is obsessed.... :roll: :wink:

Tis the season and the Government for excess...
    Food Chain number = 4

• Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ...there was another woman who 'busted her nut' just to catch me to tell me 'how nicegood a cyclist' I looked.

Sounds more like you're attracting cross-dressers.
  • lost_in_thought
    DonDaddyD wrote:

The idea that you cycle around thinking 'she's checking me out' every time someone glances in your direction makes me chuckle.

Is that why you wear hi-viz?

:lol:
  • Blacktemplar
    Blacktemplar Posts: 713
    Aidy wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ...there was another woman who 'busted her nut' just to catch me to tell me 'how nicegood a cyclist' I looked.

Sounds more like you're attracting cross-dressers.

Is that an angry transvestite?
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • DonDaddyD

Dough eyed? So she was a fat bird then........

Its subjective init!

You may see fat bird I see childbearing hips and phat ass (fat with a 'PH' = good) or in the form of its lowest common denominator, 'More cushion for pushing'.

But I'm taken I look and I admire female beauty as though I was gazing upon a piece of art that I like.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Blacktemplar
    Blacktemplar Posts: 713
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Dough eyed? So she was a fat bird then........

Its subjective init!

You may see fat bird I see childbearing hips and phat ass (fat with a 'PH' = good) or in the form of its lowest common denominator, 'More cushion for pushing'.

But I'm taken I look and I admire female beauty as though I was gazing upon a piece of art that I like.

It is indeed subjective my misguided friend :lol: ..... just think of all that phatness overhanging a narrow roadie saddle....ugh! :shock: Defo not my cuppa old bean.
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    The idea that you cycle around thinking 'she's checking me out' every time someone glances in your direction makes me chuckle.

Wait, you mean girls aren't checking me out whenever I get on a bike? :(
  • DonDaddyD
    edited May 2010
    DonDaddyD wrote:

In order of importance:
    (i) I do not wear hi-viz.
    (ii) Let me reiterate, I do not wear hi-viz.

(iii) I don't go around thiking that everyone that looks in my direction fancies me.

Lets take yourself, I'm completely aware that you haven't really a care. Perhaps physically or mentally or both. That's fine. If you did taste the 'red wine' it wouldn't be fair to you anyway; what with not having a choice of going back. It's like riding a carbon fibre road bike everything else pales in comparison after the moment you mount the saddle.

All that said there are on occasions where women of all varities have found me attractive and made it known, whether verbal or by intended glances.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Ian.B wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    She was all dough eyed

Maybe she was better bred....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    Ian.B wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    She was all dough eyed

You have to be very careful with those kneady types...
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

In order of importance:
    (i) I do not wear hi-viz.
    (ii) Let me reiterate, I do not wear hi-viz.

(iii) I don't go around thiking that everyone that looks in my direction fancies me.

Lets take yourself, I'm completely aware that you haven't really a care. Perhaps physically or mentally or both. That's fine. If you did taste the 'red wine' it wouldn't be fair to you anyway; what with not having a choice of going back. It's like riding a carbon fibre road bike everything else pales in comparison after the moment you mount the saddle.

All that said there are on occasions where women of all varities have found me attractive and made it known, whether verbal or by intended glances.

:shock:

<slowly picks up popcorn>
    <slowly moves behind shatterproof plexiglass viewing screen>

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Ian.B wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    She was all dough eyed

I'd say that would be the yeast of his worries.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Ian.B wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    She was all dough eyed

Nice baps though?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Ian.B wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    She was all dough eyed

I'd say that would be the yeast of his worries.

This thread is making me loaf out loud. :lol:

(But I bet she had nice buns)