getting my product onto the market

1235»

Comments

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    I'm very interested in this. Hope it all works out for you. Sounds like a great idea.
    thanks bud.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Briggo wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    I havent read most of this thread but I presume that the ingredients are perfectly natural or sourced through the proper trade channels and not made from some stuff you picked up in the supermarket?

You'd be in a bit of trouble if you tried to sell goods you made from various other goods without telling them ;)

Rubbish you can use anything you buy for any purpose you want.
    All you can't do is use their trademarks.

Oh right, so you can re-label a bottle of Pepsi as your own and sell it en-mass in the general market can you? :wink:

No that's not what I said. Once you have bought something you can do anything you want with it.
    What you are not allowed to do is use the trademark. So you can put Pepsi, shampoo etc in your product, but can't state you have Pepsi etc in it, without permission.

Some products may have a restriction such as selling in non original packaging etc, but that's not the case here.
    A simpler example, you are able to buy loads of Hobnobs, crush them and use the crumbs as a base for cheesecake, which you can sell. You just can't call it a 'Hobnob Cheescake'
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • joshtp
    cooldad is on the same thinking as me here. if you go to a restutant, they give you a plate of food made up of food they bought, most likely in a supermarket, or similar. it is its own product ,there is no reason why they cannot sell it.
    am i right?!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • kona_matt
    kona_matt Posts: 475
    Sounds similar to Squirt Lube. I've been using their free sample for about a month and have been very impressed as i hate cleaning and degreasing chains. Just ordered another bottle.

Definately interested in "Cocolube"
    FCN 9 - 2008 Kona Cinder Cone
    FCN 9 - Custom Build On-One 456
    FCN 5 - 2010 Boardman Team Carbon
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    JimmerG wrote:
    Market it to the laydeez - they like coconut oil. Blokes could use it as a way to lure them in to their fav sport.... and the name -

Coco Chainel.

(well it made me laugh!)

J
    Or Coco Chainoile?
    :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad is on the same thinking as me here. if you go to a restutant, they give you a plate of food made up of food they bought, most likely in a supermarket, or similar. it is its own product ,there is no reason why they cannot sell it.
    am i right?!

Yup
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I havent had a chance to read through all 7 pages so forgive me if it's allready been said, why not offer a re-fil service for the bottles rather than send them back? The LBS could keep a drum of the stuff and fill it up for you?
    As I say appologies if this has been covered but it could be another green angle.
  • Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    Or Coco Chainoile?

EPIC WIN
    i ride a hardtail
  • joshtp
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I havent had a chance to read through all 7 pages so forgive me if it's allready been said, why not offer a re-fil service for the bottles rather than send them back? The LBS could keep a drum of the stuff and fill it up for you?
    As I say appologies if this has been covered but it could be another green angle.
    thanks for the idea paul. its one i was thinking of myself, that people could send their bottles back, and, if they cover postage get a refil at a reduced rate. It would apeal as a "green" option, although as someone pointed out earlier, it may well actually create just as much co2 in posting it than in making a bottle. However it would cut costs for me, and does save plastic, and its recycling.
    i may well do that.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • joshtp
    well im gonna get samples of to my 5 testers today, so as soon as my test results come back ill be (all being well) be launching it for sale. i just need to stock up the ingreediants, and by a box of bottles and a few sheets of stickers!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • bfmtb200
    bfmtb200 Posts: 14
    Will Snow wrote:
    Or Coco Chainoile?

EPIC WIN

Yes! Trademark it!
  • kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    another thought. have you tried to patent it
    i sometimes see bits of dragons den when theres nothing else on, and there always going on about patents

i prefer the coco - chain oil idea for a name
    not so impresed with nut related ones as its a bit on the rude side for my tastes

but the product sounds great
    what are brakes for again
  • joshtp
    patents arnt really something i have considered. although, if it begins to do well, ill definately have a look into them.

personaly, the winning name currently is nut lub. although im still open to sugestions.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    id still call it sheepsteeth
  • fredy
    fredy Posts: 308
    coco chainoile for the win!
  • Anonymous
    or chainoil number 5
  • armymankin
    armymankin Posts: 213
    edited May 2010
    personaly, the winning name currently is NUT LUB. although im still open to sugestions.

OWNS :lol::lol::lol:

the thing is, the bottle is fairly small... so you really need a simple name in order to make the name stands out.
  • joshtp
    armymankin wrote:
    personaly, the winning name currently is NUT LUB. although im still open to sugestions.

i must say armymankin, i do like it, as i do the logo. im sending out samples tomorow, and gonna see how that goes, i might well be talking to you about getting some real, finished product logo's made up!

thanks for the sweet name and logo thuough!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • armymankin
    armymankin Posts: 213
    armymankin wrote:

i must say armymankin, i do like it, as i do the logo. im sending out samples tomorow, and gonna see how that goes, i might well be talking to you about getting some real, finished product logo's made up!

thanks for the sweet name and logo thuough!

thanks josh, if you decide to go-ahead then let me know. I am super duper busy these days, but i think I will be more avalible after next week. so i can develope it more. would be helpful if you have a photo of the bottle you going to use.
    let me know :wink:
  • hard-rider
    hard-rider Posts: 460
    Just wonder how those people with their samples are getting on with their tests. Will be interested to know how this compares with Squirt.
  • M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    Nut lub doesn't work as a name for me, it's spelt lube. Great product and hope you can make it work
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    coco lube or coco chainol i think.
    can i test 100ml- i'll pay you for p&p and some extra, and tell you what i think
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Did you send the samples?
    he hasen't yet. he can't until beginning of june or something
  • chrisbassist
    chrisbassist Posts: 115
    M6TTF wrote:
    Nut lub doesn't work as a name for me, it's spelt lube. Great product and hope you can make it work
    no it's not. It's spelt lubricant. Not a single E in sight