2 months until...

13»

Comments

• BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Pork Sword wrote:
    Just read any cycling-related blog, newspage or magazine and you'll be faced with the undeniable truth that most of the top riders have doped, know someone who's doped or has had pressure put on them by their team to dope. If you know anything about human physiology or the history of racing then you'll know that doping is endemic in cycling so you're the one talking rubbish Bernie!
    You are making an entirely different point - that when the rest of the field is doped with Epo and blood transfusions, a clean rider will be doing well to get round in the autobus. However, the fact remains that if no one doped the riders would still get round, albeit a little slower, and there would still be a winner.
  • Pork Sword
    Pork Sword Posts: 213
    Pork Sword wrote:
    Just read any cycling-related blog, newspage or magazine and you'll be faced with the undeniable truth that most of the top riders have doped, know someone who's doped or has had pressure put on them by their team to dope. If you know anything about human physiology or the history of racing then you'll know that doping is endemic in cycling so you're the one talking rubbish Bernie!
    You are making an entirely different point - that when the rest of the field is doped with Epo and blood transfusions, a clean rider will be doing well to get round in the autobus. However, the fact remains that if no one doped the riders would still get round, albeit a little slower, and there would still be a winner.

Okay, I'll accept that there are clean riders who're not on drugs who struggle at the back of the bunch, and end up either quitting the race through injury or illness (by overexerting and over-reaching etc) and that you could ride nearly everyday for three weeks and someone would still be the 'winner' however slow the average speed... I think the whole lot stinks and it ruins my enjoyment of what should be greatest sport in the World.
    let all your saddles be comfy and all your rides less bumpy....
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Wow. Look. Another thread ruined by BB and his booooooooooring doping theories.

Change the record already.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Can't wait to hear the ITV theme start for the first time does give me goose bumps.

+1. And Armstrong behind Wiggins- both of them ahead of Contador? I don't think we're gonna see that prediction a lot!
  • paulcuthbert
    Pokerface wrote:
    Wow. Look. Another thread ruined by BB and his booooooooooring doping theories.

Change the record already.

+1

Trying to put it back on track with some replies to relevant posts :)
  • +2 .
    What could have been a great thread has been messed up by yet another doping chat.

Anyway, that's my two penneth; now where were we?:

1) Contador
    2)Andy Schleck
    3) Armstrong
    4) Evans
    5) Wiggins

Afamilier top three, though it would be great to see the addition of one of the bottom two choices.
  • paulcuthbert
    +2 .
    What could have been a great thread has been messed up by yet another doping chat.

Anyway, that's my two penneth; now where were we?:

1) Contador
    2)Andy Schleck
    3) Armstrong
    4) Evans
    5) Wiggins

Afamilier top three, though it would be great to see the addition of one of the bottom two choices.

That's similar to my top 5, but in a different order
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    My (dream) five:

1. Wiggins
    2. Contador
    3. Andy Schleck
    4. Evans
    5. Nibali

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Why are people talking about the Tour when the Giro is nearly upon us?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • paulcuthbert
    Timoid. wrote:
    Why are people talking about the Tour when the Giro is nearly upon us?

Because I can't speak Italian :lol: