Liege - Bastogne - Liege *** SPOILER ***

Comments

• Anton 7th which is pretty impressive. You must think he is doping though as he has never done anything similar in the Ardennes before this year.

Lol, your lack of knowledge amuses me
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,732
    Astana did a very good job neutralising the Schlecks...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Anton 7th which is pretty impressive. You must think he is doping though as he has never done anything similar in the Ardennes before this year.

Wiggins nowhere in Fleche or today (nearly 10 mins back). No surprises. I mean how on earth has Cummings beat him by a big margin. Sastre not on the results so I presume he DNF.

Wiggo was 9 minutes down, Sastre was 12 minutes down. Which must mean Sastre is now 25% more rubbish than Wiggo.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I always liked Vino. I also like different avatars and changing them regularly.

HighRoad. I'm glad you are amused - why don't you now finish your comment and tell me about Igor's previous performances.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Will Vino win the Giro?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Anton 7th which is pretty impressive. You must think he is doping though as he has never done anything similar in the Ardennes before this year.

The improvement in Anton's Ardennes form is mostly down to him actually riding in them for first time.

Actually entering races usually brings about an improvement in results in those races.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Precisely. He has no previous form, enters and gets two top tens. Of course I don't think he is doping...just some of you have funny ideas about some riders and doping so I am being sarcastic.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Precisely. He has no previous form, enters and gets two top tens. Of course I don't think he is doping...just some of you have funny ideas about some riders and doping so I am being sarcastic.

Funny ideas.

Vino comes back from blood doping ban and rides like he's never been away. Yes, we have funny ideas.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • HighRoad. I'm glad you are amused - why don't you now finish your comment and tell me about Igor's previous performances.

To qualify, Igor Anton has been tipped since 2006, the fact he has done well is not a shock to anyone that has even shown a passing interest.

And given that I figure you have more than a passing interest, using the fact that he has performed well today as an indicator of doping is poor form in my eyes.
  • frenchfighter
    Sean Kelly Liege results:
    1979, 20th: 1981, 11th: 1982, 10th: 1984, 1st: 1985, 4th: 1986, 12th: 1987, 20th; 1988, 5th: 1989, 1st
    That is pretty unbelievable.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

When Anton has the same kind of history as Vino does, maybe we'll get funny ideas about him too.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Belgie fans who know nothing about cycling....

http://twitter.com/stephenfarrand/status/12829197827
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    1979, 20th: 1981, 11th: 1982, 10th: 1984, 1st: 1985, 4th: 1986, 12th: 1987, 20th; 1988, 5th: 1989, 1st

I know. You think a rider of his talent would have bagged more than two podiums (podia?)

Strava is not Zen.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    calvjones wrote:

I know. You think a rider of his talent would have bagged more than two podiums (podia?)

Yeah, but he could only afford pieces of duct tape as overshoes

1984Kelly_legs%20Liege.jpg
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,759
    iainf72 wrote:
    Belgie fans who know nothing about cycling....

http://twitter.com/stephenfarrand/status/12829197827

I would boo if I saw Floyd Landis riding passed. I am not sure if that would be a true measure of what I know or not :?
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    A sh!t podium, but i don't think that ride was anything out of the norm again...

So gutted Phil's monster attack didn't work, one day ma'boy, one day!

A
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    iainf72 wrote:
    Funny ideas.

Vino comes back from blood doping ban and rides like he's never been away. Yes, we have funny ideas.

Certainly a better pointer.
    To be a reformed doper, your actions need to speak more loudly than your words.
    i.e. ride like shiite and get nil results! :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I think Vino will will win the Giro. I hope ASO ban him from the TDF....he could win the thing
  • secretsqirrel
    Astana did a very good job neutralising the Schlecks...

Agree. Astana rode an intelligent race. The Kolobnev/Vino break succeeded because no-one wanted to drag Bertie up to his team mate. Checkmate!
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    You mean like when he won LBL in 2005?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • secretsqirrel
    iainf72 wrote:
    Funny ideas.

Certainly a better pointer.
    To be a reformed doper, your actions need to speak more loudly than your words.
    i.e. ride like shiite and get nil results! :lol:

Nail on head Blaze :wink:
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    What a shame....................La Doyenne tainted again
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • frenchfighter
    Devolder 18mins back. Don't think he will be riding the Tour...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431

This is soooo wrong....

Anton has shown class over the last few seasons.... He is well known in the peloton as a guy who thrives on steep terrain. The parcours in LBL suits him as he has explosive power on shorter climbs. Expect to see him contest the Ardennes week in future.

As for his past... here is one clear example of his ability: 2008 Tour de Suisse in which he almost won the GC. He got third overall thanks to amazing performances of Kreuziger and Kloden in the 25km tt up the Klausenpass.

In the that race Anton smashed the field in the stage up the steep climb to Flumserberg, and a few days later he was also in contention on the stage to Verbier.

Bottom line: Anton did not come out of the blue.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden
    edited April 2010
    oops...
    I only pressed the submit button once... I promise :lol::lol::lol::lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden
    oops x 2
    www.dotcycling.com
  • frenchfighter
    emadden wrote:
    Anton has shown class over the last few seasons.... He is well known in the peloton as a guy who thrives on steep terrain. The parcours in LBL suits him as he has explosive power on shorter climbs. Expect to see him contest the Ardennes week in future.

I know. It is quite easy to see his complete results for every year he raced.

Explosive power on short climbs...as well as sustained power on long ones - most recently beating Contador:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiuHwNHM5L0

Btw, are you going to update your site soon...it says 'new site coming 21.02.2010'? I have seen your photos from previous races and thought they were pretty good.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    20mins of coverage:
    @ 4mins - Contador's acceleration is trademark quality.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFiXazQDueQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8GI3yUPOdM
    Contador is the Greatest
  • emadden

Btw, are you going to update your site soon...it says 'new site coming 21.02.2010'? I have seen your photos from previous races and thought they were pretty good.

Havent been photographing yet this year cos I decided to start racing again :lol::lol::lol: I have a new site almost ready, but have been a bit delayed ... It should be up in a few weeks.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Bout time Euskatel showed the orange. They're invited to all the classics and have to come b/b they're a PT team but when Flanders peloton passed me just outside of Oudenaarde, which team had the most riders in the cars, and even behind the whole race caravan? The orange bombers. In fact when the last two, young, scared-looking guys came through no one saw them as we all had our backs to the roadway going to our bikes/cars. Biggest waste of 8 riders' space if you asked me, when others would love to have a chance. And I'll bet they're none too happy to be there as well.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.