Cannondale import problems?

Comments

• DecO
    DecO Posts: 15
    Bubble burst - got an email back from the distributor today and they are predicting mid June now for the next batch of CAAD9s. :(
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    DecO wrote:
    Has anyone received their Cannondales recently? All seems to have gone a bit quiet!

I was given a lead time of about 3 weeks (due 17th May) and my LBS is now saying could be this week or first week of June (will make it a 5-6 week wait)? Anyone else been given revised delivery times?

Have just destroyed the back wheel of my other bike so am itching for my CAAD9 to arrive!

I received my CAAD 9 two weeks ago, after about a 6 week wait, from Chelmer cycles in Essex. definitely worth waiting for (though the saddles like a razor blade) :lol:
    Well Chelmer are a premium cannondale dealer so I guess this is no surprise, good dealer imo.
  • sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    There are other good bikes out there besides Cannondale.
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Yep, it's killing me!

I bought one in March, and told it would arrive in eight weeks. No phone call. I went to the shop last week and was told it would be another four to six weeks. :cry::cry:
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    DecO wrote:
    Doing 100k round London, through the night, for charity and really want the new bike. A sofa cushion and a gallon of sudacrem could be the order of the day by the sounds of it.

Sounds fun. I love riding through London at night. Less idiots about so more time to notice all the cool buildings and scenery.
  • HoiSonic
    HoiSonic Posts: 2
    Same story here.

Six Carbon Ultegra has been on order for over two months and still no delivery date offered. While I can understand supply problems communication is key and Cannondale, CSG and my LBS have fallen way short
  • bnmcmhn
    bnmcmhn Posts: 40
    For what it's worth I walked into a shop in wrexham and picked up the second to last six carbon 105. They had a CAAD9 waiting for someone to pick up, the guy said the bikes don't stick around for long but they are coming in.

Cannodales are just really popular at the moment, you may have to go far afield and ring round to get one.
  • DecO
    bnmcmhn wrote:
    For what it's worth I walked into a shop in wrexham and picked up the second to last six carbon 105. They had a CAAD9 waiting for someone to pick up, the guy said the bikes don't stick around for long but they are coming in.

Cannodales are just really popular at the moment, you may have to go far afield and ring round to get one.

Did give that a go and called every Cannondale dealer in a 60 mile radius! Main problem is I am tied into my C2W scheme and they don't seem to have huge number of Cannondale dealers on board and even the ones that the website quotes as stockists don't anymore! Obviously got fed up themselves!
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I was in On yer bike in London Tooley Street yeterday.Had plenty oif CAADS in stock for anyone looking for one.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • DecO
    I was in On yer bike in London Tooley Street yeterday.Had plenty oif CAADS in stock for anyone looking for one.

Rubbish - I called them back in April and pretty much got a "Good luck pal" and now my LBS has my voucher as deposit!
  • Sammyw23
    Sammyw23 Posts: 627
    I went in there a month ago and they only had red ones, no black or triples.

Last time I went into Evans Spitalfields they had a CAAD9 105 in black 54cm if thats of any interest to anyone.

I gave up on the cannondale quest and bought myself a Bianchi Infinito instead....so far so GOOD! :D
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • White Line
    Guess who got a phone call today telling him that his new CAAD9 had arrived! 8) :lol:

Picking her up tomorrow after a wait of six weeks and two days. :D
  • DecO
    Happy days mate - am very very jealous!

Just got an update from LBS and has left Taiwan this week so probably another week or so away!
  • forgotrafe
    forgotrafe Posts: 637
    Still no sign of the Cannondale Synapse I ordered back in Feb :(

The communication has been really really poor which is very frustrating. Did get to see a letter from Cannondale European Sales Director that was sent to bike shop, but that didn't say much other than "we've messed up". Not even sure it contained much of an apology.

As it happens I had a nasty accident four weeks ago which has meant I've not been riding and that makes it a little less frustrating. But I can ride again in a couple of weeks so hopefully my LBS' high hopes that it'll be here "real soon now" are right!
  • NDawn
    NDawn Posts: 238
    forgotrafe wrote:
    Still no sign of the Cannondale Synapse I ordered back in Feb :(

The communication has been really really poor which is very frustrating. Did get to see a letter from Cannondale European Sales Director that was sent to bike shop, but that didn't say much other than "we've messed up". Not even sure it contained much of an apology.

As it happens I had a nasty accident four weeks ago which has meant I've not been riding and that makes it a little less frustrating. But I can ride again in a couple of weeks so hopefully my LBS' high hopes that it'll be here "real soon now" are right!

Did you order a 2009 model? Size 54?
  • NDawn
    NDawn Posts: 238
    It's just I spotted a 2009 105 version on Evans two days ago reduced to £1199 so I rang up my local store and put down the deposit on it. He said the notes on the system said customer service something or other.

Your post just got me thinking :)
  • forgotrafe
    forgotrafe Posts: 637
    After a 4 month wait I finally picked up my Cannondale Synapse yesterday! As said earlier, can't ride it just yet due to minor amputation but give it another week... Though now torn between having my first ride in six weeks on my beloved MTB or my shiny new road bike :) Think I might just have to take both out next Sunday.

Bike shop gave me £150 of NorthWave clothes by way of an apology! Thought that was very generous of them as it really wasn't their fault and there wasn't anything they could have done to get it here quicker.

Never been one for lycra or clothes that match the bike (both black & white) so was going to put the NorthWave stuff on ebay but have now decided to give the bib shorts & jersey a go - even though the mother-in-law and wife just wet themselves laughing when I tried it on.

Hope those that are still waiting don't have to wait too much longer!
  • DecO
    IT FINALLY ARRIVED!

Picked up on Saturday and gave it a good 60 miler yesterday. Ride wasn't as harsh as some some previous posts suggested but does feel like all of the effort you are putting in is hitting the road.

Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting.
  • White Line
    Good to hear it! :D
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    Been told my CAAD9 is coming in this week. Will post some pics if I get it to give hope to those still waiting.
  • HoiSonic
    HoiSonic Posts: 2
    Have been waiting for over 3 months for delivery of my Six Ultegra. Very close now to cancelling order as half the season has already passed me by. I really would caution anyone from ordering Cannondale despite being a great brand. They and CSG have to resolved there problems not just with supply but communication to their retailers and customers. It is one of the worst experiences I have ever had on any type of goods.
  • Ordered a Cannondale six in June last year (2010) from a local dealer, the influencing factor being that it received the 2010 bike of the year. I was informed within the week that it was out of stock. I was then informed it would be delivered at the end of Sept. Sept came and was informed the Six was not available and it would be the 2011 Supersix which would be available on 17th Dec, which then moved to 15th Feb and this week informed it would now be April 2011???? I do have 2 other bikes hence the patience but am now a bit hacked off. I am led to believe that there is a supply problem, since Cannondale moved production from the States to the Far East. I have also noted that there is minimal stock in the UK but not in my size. Has anyone else suffered with the same delivery problems with Cannondale as it serves to give the company a very poor reputation. I am now looking at a Basso Laguna or Astra as an alternative, can anyone advise me how Basso compare to Cannondale, and can anyone give any recommendations re the Basso Laguna or Astra? :(
  • I've been looking for a decent women's road bike since August - my lovely and really supportive LBS said 'go Cannondale, they're superb'. Delivery estimate came and went again and again and again.

They have said that only the really big dealers are being supplied - which puts me in the awkward position of going elsewhere to get the bike, if I can find one. Like hens' teeth / rocking horse **** seems to be the most common response. Cannondale are messing up their smaller retailers.

At least I haven't been fobbed off with a man's bike again, with all the resulting geometry problems, but it's really hard to find a women's bike that isn't bottom-end spec. Some of us female roadies want speed and quality just as much as the men! Get your act together, manufacturers, and stop patronising us.
  • My girlfriend identified the women's Cannondale Synapse 105 carbon as ideal for her new bike, but there's no chance of a delivery to our LBS for at least three months. Reading the stories here and elsewhere, I'm not sure I would even trust that date.

Annie-d -- are you staying with your LBS or have you found some stock somewhere else? Or have you decided to go for a different manufacturer?
  • I've ordered an Alu 105 synapse from evans and i'm none the wiser as to expected delivery.
    I'm actually thinking of possible alternatives now.
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • I recently phoned around a number of LBS Cannondale stockists wanting to test ride a SuperSix. None had any stock and didn't know when they were coming in. I ended up buying a Canyon (and yes I did test ride it).
  • Cannondale assured me last year that these problems were a "one off" due to recent (back then) changes within their organisation.

It's a shame to hear they're happening again this year :(
  • think this is a world wide problem for cannondale
    they must be losing millions in sales
    they are relying on their reputation and loyal customers base
    alot of smaller companies will be in financial difficulties if they couldnt supply their customers with their products
    hope cannondale can sort themselves out very soon, this situation has been dragging on for a very long time
  • Yeh, you know those programmes on telly where the boss goes back to the shop floor? Well this is what Cannondale needs.

I know if I ran my business like they do, I wouldn't have one for much longer.