Team Sky Jersey

13»

Comments

• paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    dougzz wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

No. No one wins.

Most of us have been skint at one point. One day you might have some cash to wave around.

+1.

Just because the guy has an expensive bike and team kit doesn't mean he has loads of money. You don't know what he goes without to buy what he wants. You can't make judgements about someone from a glance at a bike they happen to be riding. Maybe he's skint and longs for a carbon, so keeps test riding them from different shops :)

Don't think so. I love my bike too much. I'm never trading it for anything else- until it becomes completely unrideable!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Don't think so. I love my bike too much. I'm never trading it for anything else- until it becomes completely unrideable!

Bikes become completely unrideable the second you get a better one. :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • paulcuthbert
    iainf72 wrote:

You quoted me, but obviously didn't read what I'd said. I said "I'm never trading it".

Plus, what can be better than a machine that can take you anywhere and you love dearly? A slightly light, more expensive one? Nah, clear off with that crap. A bike's a bike. Like I said, if you've got the legs it doesn't matter anyway. I'm never going to be a racer, so I don't need anything other than what I've got now.
  • Coyote
    Coyote Posts: 212
    I'm sure your bike does all you'll ever need it to and clearly your mind is made up about it being the only one for you...but I reckon you'll enjoy it even more if you learn to ride it without those stabilisers.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    iainf72 wrote:

I disagree - I love all my bikes: the folder, the mini-velo, the fixie, the tourer, the race bike, the tandem, the old MTB that I converted into a bull=horn station bike, the cross bike, all of them.

What's best - prob my racebike, but I love them all for different reasons and because at the end of the day - they are bikes...
  • paulcuthbert
    Coyote wrote:
    I'm sure your bike does all you'll ever need it to and clearly your mind is made up about it being the only one for you...but I reckon you'll enjoy it even more if you learn to ride it without those stabilisers.

Fuck off
  • Coyote
    Coyote Posts: 212
    Back on thread for the less blinkered.....

Sat on the wheel of my buddy this morning who's just got his new Dogma on the road. It's not a bike frame, it's a work of art!!!! Stunning is an understatement, you have to see one in the flesh to really appreciate it. It might not be the lightest out there but I bet the Sky boys ain't complaining. The saving starts now! :D
  • paulcuthbert
    Coyote wrote:
    Back on thread for the less blinkered.....

Sat on the wheel of my buddy this morning who's just got his new Dogma on the road. It's not a bike frame, it's a work of art!!!! Stunning is an understatement, you have to see one in the flesh to really appreciate it. It might not be the lightest out there but I bet the Sky boys ain't complaining. The saving starts now! :D

I hate the look of it. Looks like a kid made it out of Play Doh
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    Even if you're wearing the full team kit, you can still be sh*t :lol:

P10002091.jpeg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    It felt SO good today breezing past a guy on a carbon fiber bike with all the fancy kit on - and there was me, plain t-shirt and shorts- No clipless pedals, no fancy kit, no carbon frame....

Just a " shitty " aluminium Trek 1.2, a good heart and the legs to match! No point in having the kit unless you can do it justice :)

This happens to me regularly, have you ever considered he may have ridden much further than you and on a togher route? Was he shouting out telling everyone he was a fantastic cyclist? I once overtook a Ferrari on the motorway in a clapped out Fiesta, does this mean I am a far better driver than the Ferrari driver was? I love inverted snobbery!
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Pro Bike Kit now have stock. Assume this is the proper stuff and most of the other GB sites will have stock as well.

http://www.probikekit.com/advsearch.php ... ky&x=0&y=0

Just not sure if I want to buy it or not?
  • Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if anyone is desparate to get one?

http://www.mistersports.co.uk/e_commerc ... 8-c-43.htm

Has anyone here ever actually bought from mistersports.co.uk?
    What's your experience of them?
    How legit are they and is the kit they sell genuine?
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Pross wrote:
    It felt SO good today breezing past a guy on a carbon fiber bike with all the fancy kit on - and there was me, plain t-shirt and shorts- No clipless pedals, no fancy kit, no carbon frame....

Just a " shitty " aluminium Trek 1.2, a good heart and the legs to match! No point in having the kit unless you can do it justice :)

This happens to me regularly, have you ever considered he may have ridden much further than you and on a togher route? Was he shouting out telling everyone he was a fantastic cyclist? I once overtook a Ferrari on the motorway in a clapped out Fiesta, does this mean I am a far better driver than the Ferrari driver was? I love inverted snobbery!

Or he might be doing heart rate training...
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    :lol:

True, it could have been his sit and spin day.
  • They are so expensive that I can see people being tempted by Cycling-Outfit or Cheap-Cycling if they want to get one.

Not even the sell off of last year has been that tempting.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    God, cyclists really are a judgmental lot!
    Was out with the club this morning, always 20+ of us in the same kit. Cheap and good quality though not the nicest design! Looks good in a big group I think.
  • It's a reserved look, sometimes that is what you need, if you are wearing Banesto or something, you might well get some challenges.

Jerseys are so so, how many really use the back pockets and in turn then, if you do, how many jerseys do you need?
  • inseine
    I always use the back pockets. Don't get me started on pumps attached to bottle cages! ;)
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    oh go on, inseine, tell us exactly where you stand on pumps attached to bottle cages........
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Thanks for the link, Cornerblock- I can think of a few people I'd like to forward it to.

But I won't, because I've taken the test and I'm apparently Not An A******

I think that means I'm a coward.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Should have put one of these :) with my original post. Looks a bit rude in the cold light of day (post Sunday's wine!) Apparently I am borderline a*******! Which considering my obvious lack of humour originally, seems about right. :) Ah that's better
  • inseine
    I'm a very tolerant person, but there are limits.... :wink:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    :oops:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    It's a reserved look, sometimes that is what you need, if you are wearing Banesto or something, you might well get some challenges.

Jerseys are so so, how many really use the back pockets and in turn then, if you do, how many jerseys do you need?

Surely everyone uses them? Where else do you carry food on a ride so that you can get it without stopping? :?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Whats up with pumps attached to the cages ? Who cares where the pump is ?
    Back in the olden days we all had frame pumps before they went out of fashion. They rubbed your paintwork a bit - but they worked really well.