Team Sky Jersey

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited January 2011 in Pro race
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if anyone is desparate to get one?

http://www.mistersports.co.uk/e_commerc ... 8-c-43.htm

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The gloves look reasonably priced.
  • i got the entire kit including helmet etc for £135 on ebay a couple of weeks back.

i look awesome in it!
    ✓ Check
  • i got the entire kit including helmet etc for £135 on ebay a couple of weeks back.

i look awesome in it!
    ✓ Check

Ahh, now we know your lying, nobody looks awesome in that helmet...
  • The Genuine Adidas ones are on ebay for £40 now..
  • or you could get this bad boy instead. Something for all you Pat fans out there?

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=C2428
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Are the genuine ones on ebay though ? The ones I saw didnt say genuine ?
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    are any genuine kits for sale really though?

Sky themselves dont even seem to know when they will be on sale so how can ebay
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Pro Bike Kit have a page setup for them, but no stock...

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=C2689
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    NapoleonD wrote:
    The gloves look reasonably priced.

bargain i'll have 2. :lol:
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    Ribble also have a page for them, but no stock. AFAIK they won't be on sale 'till end of April at earliest. Wouldn't have thought there would be any genuine kit in eBay yet if the retailers don't have it 'till the end of the month.
    Will be getting it myself me thinks, looks rather smart.

i look awesome in it!
    ✓ Check

:lol:

Jezmo?
  • Redsteveb
    Redsteveb Posts: 201
    I have my name down on the list to be advised when this kit has been released by Adidas in the UK.

As far as I can tell anything on e bay will be not be legit. Buyer beware.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    The new Discovery/Postal kit for the discerning weekend warrior?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    i got the entire kit including helmet etc for £135 on ebay a couple of weeks back.

i look awesome in it!
    ✓ Check

You'll only look awesome with Bhima's approval. :lol::lol:
  • calvjones wrote:
    The new Discovery/Postal kit for the discerning weekend warrior?

Wonder how many will have matching Pinarellos?
  • Most Sky kits on ebay are fakes from Hong Kong/ China Etc.
    There is one seller who i believe has bought some genuine ones from europe and is selling them on for £40 a go. I think i'll stick to my club kit!
  • Genuine Adidas Sky kit hitting the stores at the beginning of May. I'd say that the authentication of the ebay kit is to be questioned as even Sky themselves (the company not the team) are having to wait until May.
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Official release 10th May

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290, ... 52,00.html

Not for me. Happy with my plain jersey :-)
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Just can't get my head around riding around in a professional team kit. Best left to the pros in my view.

I could see a market for some kind of diffusion line though, where, say Adidas, produce a range of kit with a subtle nod to the Sky colour scheme etc, but without all the other sponsors etc.

I don't like overly fussy jerseys at the best of times - always felt sick last year every time I caught a glimpse of the Serrimenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni.................jersey!!!
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Kids play football/rugby/basketball etc etc in pro jersey's, why not cycling? Not saying I disagree with you Pedro I'm just being devil's advocate.
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Big kids as well as the little kids :oops: :lol:
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • cougie
    I dont mind if people want to wear pro kit. But you WILL get the piss taken out of you on any club ride if you do wear the king of the mountains top and youre not a $hit hot climber.

Blimey £30 for armwarmers ? I think I'll pass.
  • cougie wrote:
    I dont mind if people want to wear pro kit.

Cool, that's great it's OK with you...
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    cougie wrote:
    I dont mind if people want to wear pro kit. But you WILL get the wee-wee taken out of you on any club ride if you do wear the king of the mountains top and youre not a $hit hot climber.

It's this attitude that endears people to join their local clubs :roll:

Live and let live if you like it wear it. If you want to show your allegance to a certain teams then do so.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    cougie wrote:
    I dont mind if people want to wear pro kit. But you WILL get the wee-wee taken out of you on any club ride if you do wear the king of the mountains top and youre not a $hit hot climber.

Blimey £30 for armwarmers ? I think I'll pass.

On the other hand.

If you do rinse them, they look pretty stupid for taking the p!ss.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    i like the sky kit but don't really want to wear a team kit. fortunately shutt vr do a jersey in the sky colours.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • cougie
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    cougie wrote:

Live and let live if you like it wear it. If you want to show your allegance to a certain teams then do so.

Cycling clubs do tend to be like that - I'd be surprised if any were different. That said - if you take offence at stuff like that - your skin is pretty thin.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,707
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    cougie wrote:
    It's not only clubs - if you turn up to most group rides in a jersey that suggests you're a top grimpeur you'll be expected to do it justice or cop some grief. It's not the same as a team jersey.

For me I don't see the point of advertising Sky, they can pay to do that themselves. I can follow/admire/respect the riders without dressing like them or being an advertising hoarding on wheels. I have absolutely no problem with anyone who wears pro replica kit, but I don't like paying for the privilege of putting a big company's name on view. And cycling isn't like football (thank god).
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    It felt SO good today breezing past a guy on a carbon fiber bike with all the fancy kit on - and there was me, plain t-shirt and shorts- No clipless pedals, no fancy kit, no carbon frame....

Just a " shitty " aluminium Trek 1.2, a good heart and the legs to match! No point in having the kit unless you can do it justice :)
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    It felt SO good today breezing past a guy on a carbon fiber bike with all the fancy kit on - and there was me, plain t-shirt and shorts- No clipless pedals, no fancy kit, no carbon frame....

Just a " shitty " aluminium Trek 1.2, a good heart and the legs to match! No point in having the kit unless you can do it justice :)

My hero :roll:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.