Today I was AWESOME.

13»

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    popette wrote:
    A nice 3 or 4 hour commute of a morning would be lovely. :)

I am envious. :mrgreen:
  • Bhima I am in awe of you! well done...I can't do even one of those things but I can overtake gumbies on crap hybrids whilst on my lovely Italian road bike....
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    popette wrote:
    did he have ridiculously stylish eyewear on? and unbelievably white arm/leg warmers? he manages to keep them clean but his winter bike is a joke. think he's too awesome to get his hands dirty. :lol:

yes! he had white leg warmers. It must have been him.

Fast bit of road eh Will|? that's good to know as I'm thinking of commuting and that would be my route in. Bit of scary stretch of road though isn't it?

It is the route I'm thinking of right, decent from Wilmslow, then up a 12%er, then onto the super fast bit of road going past the airport?

A56 is fast, but quite busy, and the B5166 is fast too, depending on the wind direction, I use that road very regular and you just can cruise it at like 24mph, love these roads, especially princess rd, at night it's awesome when the wind goes to bed :)
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    edited March 2010
    Yes, that was me being semi-awesome. It's my favourite road for sprinting, so if I was being truly awesome i'd be going a lot faster than 25mph. Was far too wet for it with oil spilled all over the road and the headwind killed my motivation.

Will, I think you're talking of Styal RD. I was on the A56 from Hale/Stretford.
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    popette wrote:
    that's good to know as I'm thinking of commuting and that would be my route in.

Just don't use it between 8:30am - 9:30am and 5:30pm - 6:15-ish-pm. The difference between 6:15 and 6:20 used to be completely shocking when I used that road every day.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Awesome
    Check.
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    None of the above
    ✓ Tick
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    How old is this bhima fella?

He seems a couple of cards short to me..
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He's 12, but does an AWESOME paper round. I hear he also has a long ponytail, urghh.