Today I was AWESOME.

Comments

• LazyBoycp
    LazyBoycp Posts: 320
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    And what's the betting that tomorrow Bhima will realise that he is also something else beginning with a capital A?

Some top quality p!ss taking by you guys. Bhima - please post more often.

Ace? Thread of the year so far, IMHO.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Great first post :D
    Contador is the Greatest
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Not paying attention as you go to the toilet in uni today and enter the female one, not realising until well inside and the deciding that you'd come too far to turn back?
    ✓ Check.

:oops:
  • freehub wrote:
    How awesome does ascending rose dale chimney at an average speed of 33mph make me?

I don't have a Garmin log of it unfortunately it got corrupt, but I swear I did it.

33mph? Is that all. I did it at 50mph spinning the 53x12.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    freehub wrote:
    How awesome does ascending rose dale chimney at an average speed of 33mph make me?

I don't have a Garmin log of it unfortunately it got corrupt, but I swear I did it.

Seated ?
  • dmclite wrote:
    freehub wrote:

Seated ?

Reading the newspaper too.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Anonymous
    dmclite wrote:
    freehub wrote:

Seated ?

Reading the newspaper too.

I would have been impressed if it was Cyclesport or Rouleur magazine. Or 53x11.
    Check.
  • Anonymous
    Well...

Just a few minutes ago I was doing the housework/cleaning with Nine Inch Nails (the song was 'Closer') rather loud in the background. As I was emptying the big kitchen knife out of the dishwasher the doorbell went. I rushed to answer it, opened the door with the dobbing great knife in my hand, just as the song goes 'I want to **** you like an animal' to see a nice old lady from the church with an easter card and flowers for us...

I'm pretty sure she thought I was awesome.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    lol at slasherD,that reminds me of The End by The Doors,"mother i want to raahhheeeahh"
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Well...

Just a few minutes ago I was doing the housework/cleaning with Nine Inch Nails (the song was 'Closer') rather loud in the background. As I was emptying the big kitchen knife out of the dishwasher the doorbell went. I rushed to answer it, opened the door with the dobbing great knife in my hand, just as the song goes 'I want to **** you like an animal' to see a nice old lady from the church with an easter card and flowers for us...

Where you naked? :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Anonymous
    skyd0g wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Well...

Where you naked? :wink:

Check.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Bhima wrote:
    Where do I start? Lets see now...

Overtake a car struggling up a 10+% hill and then 'drop' it after giving it 'the look'. (© NapD)
    ✓ Check

Due to strong core muscles, successfully ride over a patch of ice no-handed while cornering and correct any slippage without touching the handlebars.
    ✓ Check

Reach for a bidon and drink while trackstanding at a red light.
    ✓ Check

Start a conversation with a chaingang of silly tr*athletes you are overtaking simply because they are out of breath and you are not. Proceed to eat a banana during their oxygen-debt-limited reply just to rub it in.
    ✓ Check

Humiliate elite track-cyclist over cobblestones, something they have probably never ever trained over.
    ✓ Check

Freewheel round, almost overcooking a hairpin bend because you're going too fast while climbing it.
    ✓ Check

Convince a team of pot-hole repair men to phone their boss to inform him that, in their professional opinion, certain roads need resurfacing completely, even if the roads in question are nowhere near their current location. :lol:
    ✓ Check

Get home after almost 4 hours in the rain and do some tabata intervals on the rollers because you didn't suffer enough.
    ✓ Check

Pure genius!

All I am worthy of saying is WOW!

Ring ring, ring ring. "Hi Bhima, its Dave B. Whatcha doing in July." :lol:
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    ✓Check

Photographers were following me and my team mates (as usual), so some images probably exist from the few times they were able to keep up with us on the climbs, although tracking them down would be difficult due to the large ammount of paparazzi I get attention from.
  • LazyBoycp
    Bhima wrote:
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    ✓Check

Photographers were following me and my team mates (as usual), so some images probably exist from the few times they were able to keep up with us on the climbs, although tracking them down would be difficult due to the large ammount of paparazzi I get attention from.

I've seen them, but they're all blurred so they're useless - you were going so fast even the quickest shutter speed wasn't enough. Here's the best one:

Cycling_BlurredRace.jpg
  • I love Bhima, he brightens up my internetz

By the way Bhima, still waiting on you to "definitely" get in touch regarding you showing me how awesome you are on a ride round the Fred route.

Anytime, baby.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • the pics not on cyclingnews yet? unlike them to hold back on such an important story. :?
  • I love Bhima, he brightens up my internetz

By the way Bhima, still waiting on you to "definitely" get in touch regarding you showing me how awesome you are on a ride round the Fred route.

Anytime, baby.

[/cheeky get]

If he doesn't take you up on it can I come instead?

:P

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    edited March 2010
    I still haven't found the photographs of me and my actual team mates at saltayre, there was a photographer on each damn race, yet they're not in the internets.

http://www.nwdnb.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38344&page=7

Was doing some googling, came over this, this meecha guy is a right tw@t
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Bhima wrote:
    Where do I start? Lets see now...

Overtake a car struggling up a 10+% hill and then 'drop' it after giving it 'the look'. (© NapD)
    ✓ Check

Due to strong core muscles, successfully ride over a patch of ice no-handed while cornering and correct any slippage without touching the handlebars.
    ✓ Check

Reach for a bidon and drink while trackstanding at a red light.
    ✓ Check

Start a conversation with a chaingang of silly tr*athletes you are overtaking simply because they are out of breath and you are not. Proceed to eat a banana during their oxygen-debt-limited reply just to rub it in.
    ✓ Check

Humiliate elite track-cyclist over cobblestones, something they have probably never ever trained over.
    ✓ Check

Freewheel round, almost overcooking a hairpin bend because you're going too fast while climbing it.
    ✓ Check

Convince a team of pot-hole repair men to phone their boss to inform him that, in their professional opinion, certain roads need resurfacing completely, even if the roads in question are nowhere near their current location. :lol:
    ✓ Check

Get home after almost 4 hours in the rain and do some tabata intervals on the rollers because you didn't suffer enough.
    ✓ Check

You sir, are truely a legend in your own mind. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • LazyBoycp
    freehub wrote:
    I still haven't found the photographs of me and my actual team mates at saltayre, there was a photographer on each damn race, yet they're not in the internets.

:shock: Umm, I think the expression is 'came across'. :lol:
  • freehub wrote:

thread hijacker.

not related to bhima's awesomeness in any way. :roll:

:lol: im gonna try to find a photo I have of bhima on his rollers eating pasta while 'aero'. was awesome.
  • freehub
    LazyBoycp wrote:
    freehub wrote:

:shock: Umm, I think the expression is 'came across'. :lol:

Oh dear, I came across wrong there :oops:
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    bhima were you being awesome on Manchester road, Sale at around 4pm this afternoon? Wearing British Cycling gear?
  • ^popette: funny. i was commuting there today at that time but didnt see him. how awesome was he being? :D i know he does have a ton of gb kit so it could have been him.
  • popette
    i was drafting him in my car @ over 25mph so pretty awesome I would say.

big hair - check

dirty bike - check (is he known for sloppy bike care?)
  • did he have ridiculously stylish eyewear on? and unbelievably white arm/leg warmers? he manages to keep them clean but his winter bike is a joke. think he's too awesome to get his hands dirty. :lol:
  • freehub
    popette wrote:
    i was drafting him in my car @ over 25mph so pretty awesome I would say.

big hair - check

dirty bike - check (is he known for sloppy bike care?)

I should hope you where drafting him at over 25mph, it's a right fast bit of road that :wink:
  • popette
    did he have ridiculously stylish eyewear on? and unbelievably white arm/leg warmers? he manages to keep them clean but his winter bike is a joke. think he's too awesome to get his hands dirty. :lol:

yes! he had white leg warmers. It must have been him.

Fast bit of road eh Will|? that's good to know as I'm thinking of commuting and that would be my route in. Bit of scary stretch of road though isn't it?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    popette wrote:
    that's good to know as I'm thinking of commuting and that would be my route in.

I though you worked from home? Wouldn't commuting for you mean just cycling around your driveway!?
  • popette
    Pokerface wrote:
    popette wrote:
    that's good to know as I'm thinking of commuting and that would be my route in.

I though you worked from home? Wouldn't commuting for you mean just cycling around your driveway!?

:lol: I'm starting to go into the office one day a week for a bit of variety.

When I work from home, there is always the possibility of extending your suggestion of cycling up and down the drive to include a quick tour of the peak district and back. A nice 3 or 4 hour commute of a morning would be lovely. :)