How far do you commute

13»

Comments

• Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    11-11.5 miles each way usually 3 times a week (every time I am in the orifice).

Morden to Tower Hill, pretty much following the Northern line all the way in.

Quite often have a few chats on with other commuters at the TL’s
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Levi_501 wrote:
    11-11.5 miles each way usually 3 times a week (every time I am in the orifice).

Morden to Tower Hill, pretty much following the Northern line all the way in.

Quite often have a few chats on with other commuters at the TL’s

Do you go along Thames Street?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Fly over London Bridge mate
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Ah, right.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    Who should I talk to? I seem to have idiotically forgotten my stats password.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    It's the same as your user name on there unless you changed it. If you want a reset ask on here. I'll try to keep an eye on the thread through the morning.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    CiB, Many, many thanks
    I have somehow become confused, I have a login here of WesternWay (I thought I had graunch, but no amount of "remind me of my password button pushing" action seems to confirm this :-)

In stats I am graunch. If you could reset I would be forever grateful.

George
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Updated; PM on its way to you.
  • Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    7 miles each way, thinking about starting to extend my home journey now that winter is finally losing its grip.
  • powenb
    powenb Posts: 296
    My commute is 11.5 miles each way, I then do 25 home on Monday, Wedneday and Thursday. I commute 5 days a week.
    When the clocks go forward I may be doing a shorter 5.5 miles home, get the nice bike out and then do quite a few more - IN SUNLIGHT!!! 8)
  • Harveytile
    Harveytile Posts: 227
    20 Miles each way, 4 times a week. Now on SS 8)

Soon to be a daily occurance :shock:
    Beep Beep Richie.

FCN +7 (Hanzo Fixed. Simple - for the commute)
    FCN +10 (Loud and proud PA)
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Feel like a bit of a wuss now, 3.5 miles each way, I do have to get up at 6.30 every morning to be on time though :cry:
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Mine should be about 10/11 when i start it very soon, will know when I track the first dry run in a few days...
  • SE Stockport area (Marple -> Wythenshawe)

I have a 12 or 13 mile trundle to get to work, takes me about 45-50 mins on the mtb, fairly hilly so is a good workout.

Plenty of options to vary and/or lengthen the route too.
    Earn Cashback @ Wiggle, CRC, Evans, AW Cycles, Alpine Bikes, ProBikeKit, Cycles UK :

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/stewartmead
  • desmosedici
    desmosedici Posts: 117
    42 kms round trip most days. Average speed is about 26 km/h. Takes me a little less than an hour one way, depending on lights being in my favour or not.

http://thestaronline.tv/v/5292

Got featured on local online news.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    42 kms round trip most days. Average speed is about 26 km/h. Takes me a little less than an hour one way, depending on lights being in my favour or not.

WOW!

Great Vid! :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440

WOW!

Great Vid! :D

Excellent Stuff!

You are so right about it getting easier and better. I'm now reaching the point where I don't even think about my commute as exercie, it's just happens to be how iI get too and from work and thre isn't really any debat about how I'm going to travel in the morning, regardless of the weather.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • zrazzle
    zrazzle Posts: 79
    Pretty much exactly 5 miles, from West Norwood to Battersea, via Clapham Common. 25ish mins on the way in, 30ish mins on the way home 8)
  • About 11 1/2 miles per return trip, 3 or 4 days a week, plus detours as required. 30mins each way. Even tried the snow back in January - a revelation. Cassette and chain buggerised inside a week!
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • CTank
    CTank Posts: 46
    30 mile round trip, three days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday). Currently done on a fixed gear, not sure I'll bother going back to geared now!
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    40.4 or 39.3 miles a day, 3 or 4 days a week, depending if I am in the office that often or out and about (the 39.3 day is a lot easier as it is quite a bit flatter than the 40.4, which is 2710' a day I think.

Not doing quite so well at the moment with the frosts and ice (as my high point is 265m) and being a bit too busy at work at the moment.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    will3 wrote:
    Yes it's do-able, but you might want to leave a little more than an hour, as averaging 19MPH day after day might be a bit of a tall order!

Especially carrying all the stuff you will need for roadside repairs,clothes etc its certainly do able just allow a little more time .

Though your probably a lot fitter than me :),mines 10 mile each way on a hilly route i could do more its a matter of time for me as i am always expected to be home and take over from wife with kid ( some times not even got in door still in sweaty lycra with a 2 year old jumping on me )
    FCN 3/5/9