Paris - Nice Stage 5 **SPOILER**

13»

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Who's the champ, and still people pick on him.

All I said was that he didn't look like his normal zippy self. That's hardly picking on him.

I wouldn't bother thinking I was talking about you or any comments in this thread.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Can someone help give AC a little help on trying not look a bit of a divit? The hat , the hat, the hat...
    Is that a special fist/gun type logo on his baseball cap (podium)??
    FF please go and help your man to sort out his shooting "pisterolo" thing and also those SIDI adverts. If he crossed the line with his arms in the air and left his shooter at home then we would all be in awe and love him for the lovely chap he is. No one reckons he's a tw' @t cos he's nice but it's the silly extras we have to cringe through; it's cruelty to the viewers.

Valverde still can't hold AC's wheel, slipping back with his domestique "Roddy"riguez. Was that the same scenario as the Vuelta a couple years back? I re watched a video of the Angliru where AC did the same trick as today with Roddy and Valverde.
    Katusha will need paying back for that favour today to Valverde for sure.

Terrible weather in France and Italy, how dooooooooo they wear shorts with all that snow. I used to ride in weather like that with 6-7 layers on. It must be the power they generate causes a huge amount of heat or they are off their faces on dope that they cannot feel any pain anyway. I know not!!

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Having returned from an afternoon of meetings I can only apologise for my love of Etxeondo 3 in 1 hats. I recognise this is an opinion and not a fact.

Experiences of coolness may vary.

Goat Out.

but what style the wearer has especially if black is the cour chosen
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    You've got to admire Bertie's approach.
    Even when he's not in top condition, he still races to win - I like that. Far too many riders spend all but 3 weeks of the season playing poker, hiding their form, tuning their training so they peak mid-July.
    This guy will go for it, if he feels he has a good chance of winning.

There must be some pretty dejected rivals out there.................surely the rest are racing for second, barring accident/mechanicals...
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    I'm a bit slow on the reply having watched it live, but it was a pleasure to see Bertie putting the hammer down again, even if a little lighter then when on top form. As already said you know it's coming but it still doesn't take away from watching that man climb, fantastic stuff.
  • frenchfighter
    The cold would have dampened everyone's speed on that climb I would imagine. Contador was one of the few with uncovered legs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pedro118118
    The cold?

Wouldn't imagine a skinny Spaniard from Madrid has a physiological advantage in that department...

As per Vaughters's tweet last night, he's just better than everyone else. Period.
  • frenchfighter
    Pedro don't quite get what you are saying...

All I'm saying is that when it is colder it is harder to perform which should make a lot of sense. If anything, one would expect the 'northeners' to cope better with such conditions than a full blooded Spaniard.

If it had been in the summer, he would likely have pulled out a bigger time margin on his rivals. Re-watching the video too, it doesn't look like he was riding in a reserved way, so no where near all out.

No need to tell me how good he is either - I am infinitely aware of it. In case you didn't know, he is my favorite rider.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Was it just me or was the neutral service car deliberately shielding Contador from the view of Valverde and the other chasers at one point?
  • pedro118118
    Pedro don't quite get what you are saying...

All I'm saying is that when it is colder it is harder to perform which should make a lot of sense. If anything, one would expect the 'northeners' to cope better with such conditions than a full blooded Spaniard.

If it had been in the summer, he would likely have pulled out a bigger time margin on his rivals. Re-watching the video too, it doesn't look like he was riding in a reserved way, so no where near all out.

No need to tell me how good he is either - I am infinitely aware of it. In case you didn't know, he is my favorite rider.

I get it - must've misunderstood your post. I thought you were intimating that the cold had given Contador some kind of advantage over the other main GC rivals.

Don't quite understand the (unnecessarily) sardonic tone of your reply, though.