What Do You Listen To?

13»

Comments

• bd12mz
    bd12mz Posts: 79
    King Donut wrote:
    bd12mz wrote:
    trance/dance/techno for the most part (dj's mark EG, M Zone, Clarkee, Producer, Scorpio, Sharkey and few others)...

Are those guys still around? I'd be surprised if any of em made it to 40 (apart from clarkee obviously who was already a bit of a granddad back then)

Occasionally I dust off the walkman and relive many a great set from the Music Maker, Loftgroover, HMS etc. Been meaning to rip them tapes for years but they might just send me crazy on the commute.

Mark EG is still around as is M Zone.
    not sure about the others - occasionally see post around with names on and I am sure I saw Clarkee on one.
    Sharkey was a good dj and his early sets of techno/trance are really good but then he got sucked into the commercial HH nonsense and I lost faith in him.

I used to buy dreamscape/helter skelter/adranlin/slammin vinyl tape packs quite a bit back in the 90's and spent a few weeks one winter running them through a tape deck to the computer.
    my iPhone says I have 281 'songs' and I would say 95% of that is old sets from the above.

I bought a bunch of sets on cd last year - from more modern times but I think the quality of the music has gone a bit.
    everyone just wants to play 'uplifting trance' now and some of that is frankly boring.
    the techno lot have just gotten more crash bang than before - not a lot of artistry now it's all about beats per minute and overly heavy drum machine.
    just gives me a headache.

I have ended up cycling to the beat of the music without realising :D
  • Harveytile
    Harveytile Posts: 227
    Steel coffins trying to choke me on their fumes and write me off! Oh and that beating heart thing was pretty on the mark. :lol:
    Beep Beep Richie.

FCN +7 (Hanzo Fixed. Simple - for the commute)
    FCN +10 (Loud and proud PA)
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Out in the open nothing just watch the world go by, or on the B group run on a Sunday lot of funny banter including, "You went off too early again andy". When I am on the turbo it tends to be a DVD or the sufferfest, but when I am doing an hour at 85bpm just against myself I tend to listen to DnB and Metal.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • JohnCleland
    JohnCleland Posts: 172
    Rammstein :twisted:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    King Donut wrote:
    Today was a live recording from The Doors which includes a near 20 minute version of The End

That'll just about get you home! :)

All those other people/groups/performers you mentioned - yeah, never heard of them. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    on the commute the creaks and groans from the battered lump, on the open road the clatter from the fulcrum wheels...
  • King Donut
    King Donut Posts: 498
    cjcp wrote:
    All those other people/groups/performers you mentioned - yeah, never heard of them. :)

You're probably better off for it. They're remnants from a sordid past (along with an appalling memory and the propensity to dribble randomnly).