Paramount Series

13»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sheptastic wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    I'll be back there next week - but riding in the first disability race - 25 cyclists (a few tandems and the rest road bikes), plus 8 handcyclists. Race will be run right after the Cat 3/4 race. Should be mayhem - especially if the handcyclists encounter the regualr cyclists going into the hairpin.

Plus this will be the first ever race for some of the handicapped guys. :shock:

Wouldnt like to be pilot a tandem through those hairpins, now THAT would be scary.

It wouldn't be that bad IMO. No worse than navigating the Ark Royal along the Shropshire Union Canal.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I think there are 3 or 4 tandems racing on the day!!

It should be interesting for the spectators :shock:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hmmm...

Very similar to this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLKR9tCiwvA
  • Pokerface
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Hmmm...

Very similar to this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLKR9tCiwvA

There goes my coffee all over the keyboard!! :lol::lol:
  • Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    well I had a rubbish day @ Shrewsbury today. Was hopeless at follow wheels, worked too hard too early and made my move at the finish a lap too early. DOH! Lesson learnt, i hope!

AND i almost wiped out half the pack, someone switched in front of me, causing me to lose it around the hairpin, how i stayed up i do not know.

Anyone else there today?
  • DanEvs
    DanEvs Posts: 640
    Sheptastic wrote:
    well I had a rubbish day @ Shrewsbury today. Was hopeless at follow wheels, worked too hard too early and made my move at the finish a lap too early. DOH! Lesson learnt, i hope!

AND i almost wiped out half the pack, someone switched in front of me, causing me to lose it around the hairpin, how i stayed up i do not know.

Anyone else there today?

I was there today and had a great time. Managed to run near to the front for the whole race (cat 3/4) and came out with a 7th and my first points I think. :D

Conditions were atrocious which made everyone a bit cautious in the turns (especially me) but I think we did well to have no major crashes. 8)

For ID I was the hairy legged mountain biker on the Boardman. :oops:
  • Sheptastic
    DanEvs wrote:
    Sheptastic wrote:

Anyone else there today?

I was there today and had a great time. Managed to run near to the front for the whole race (cat 3/4) and came out with a 7th and my first points I think. :D

Conditions were atrocious which made everyone a bit cautious in the turns (especially me) but I think we did well to have no major crashes. 8)

For ID I was the hairy legged mountain biker on the Boardman. :oops:

ahh in the Wales jersey. We got into that little break together i think, i was in the Worcester st johns kit on a giant. You were looking pretty strong!
  • Pokerface
    I was there - but was in the race AFTER the 3/4 race. Fortunately the rain had stopped by then so it wasn't so bad. Still a lot o wind.
  • Sheptastic
    Pokerface wrote:
    I was there - but was in the race AFTER the 3/4 race. Fortunately the rain had stopped by then so it wasn't so bad. Still a lot o wind.

How did the paracycling race go?
  • Pokerface
    Sheptastic wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

How did the paracycling race go?

Biggest turn out ever for a race. No crashes. Good racing. And everyone had a good time.

Pretty high standard of riders for the most part.

2 guys broke away and lapped the field a few times. I came 6th.
  • spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    Pokerface wrote:

Biggest turn out ever for a race. No crashes. Good racing. And everyone had a good time.

Are you sure you came 6th? :wink:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface wrote:

Are you sure you came 6th? :wink:

Are you trying to start another war in the same vein as Will and Alex!?
  • DanEvs
    Sheptastic wrote:
    ahh in the Wales jersey. We got into that little break together i think, i was in the Worcester st johns kit on a giant. You were looking pretty strong!

Yep that was me in the Rhos jersey grinning like a moron and generally having a good time. :D

Not sure about the looking strong bit though, the main thing I've found in my first two road bike races is that I'm not carrying the strength advantage that I do in mtb, you guys are all very strong with a good kick out of those hairpins. :shock: I need to start shifting my training to work on sprints etc instead of all the mtb enduro and timetrial stuff I do at present.

The Whinlatter challenge hurt today, big time. :(

Well done Pokerface, looked like you had a good turnout for your race. 8) Can't say it looked too safe on track with the handbikes though. :(
  • Pokerface
    DanEvs wrote:
    Well done Pokerface, looked like you had a good turnout for your race. 8) Can't say it looked too safe on track with the handbikes though. :(

There were a few hairy moments when following the wheel of the guy in front of me - and he suddenly peels off one way to avoid a handcycle - leaving me to peel off the opposite way to avoid running onto the back of the handcycle - but all in all it was a lot safer than I had thought it was going to be.
  • DanEvs
    Sheptastic wrote:

I think this was the (ill fated) break. :D

SDC11256-1.jpg
  • Sheptastic
    not me!

I was in the even less successful break. :oops: