Garmin Edge 705 any good?

13»

Comments

• tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    Sorry to hijack, but wondered if anyone knew if you can upload workouts to the 705 from Garmin training centre. Was looking at getting one of these myself.
  • TonyW43 wrote:
    Sorry to hijack, but wondered if anyone knew if you can upload workouts to the 705 from Garmin training centre. Was looking at getting one of these myself.

Yes you can. once uploaded you can view route as well as data for cadence, speed. elevation, heart rate, gradient, time etc etc and look at your zones too!!!
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    stokepa31 wrote:
    TonyW43 wrote:

Yes you can. once uploaded you can view route as well as data for cadence, speed. elevation, heart rate, gradient, time etc etc and look at your zones too!!!

stokepa31, Tony is asking if you can upload from Training Centre to the 705?

I don't know, as I haven't tried, but I believe you can.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Sorry - my bad!

Yes you can send stuff back to the unit too. just create your workout and then press the send to device button
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    Thanks guys, that would make it uber useful for workouts on the trainer as well then.
  • snharding
    snharding Posts: 23
    I have had my 705 since last August, and it has transformed the cycling experience for me. A truly amazing piece of kit. It even makes indoor turbo sessions interesting!! Wish I'd bought one ages ago.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    My trainer wants to dunk my Edge 605 in water then smash it with a hammer, he cringes when I even talk about it, he wants me to ride without all these gadgets, but I'm a 20 year old brought up into a technology rich world I tell him, I can't live without GPS!!!!!!!!!!!!