OT - more climate change phooey

Comments

• Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Attica wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    I think the rule is - everything can be misinterpreted, and on the internet, everything will be.

So would you say it's a misinterpretation that AT called you a rude word?
    If so I would have to strongly disagree.

You are the first person to use that word on this thread FACT.

I did not say he called me a rude word, and AT seemed to know exactly what I meant.

the word was directed at myself, or are we so puritanical these days we can't say naughty words anymore? :roll:

Good debate on climate change we're having eh? :lol:
  • Porgy
    Porgy wrote:
    What do you think I am - a christian?
    Boom boom! That's more like it!

Its nearly Brew O'clock.

a pint of Sneck Lifter is awaiting me, and the £2.30 in my pocket is getting mighty heavy.
  • Porgy wrote:
    Attica wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    I think the rule is - everything can be misinterpreted, and on the internet, everything will be.

So would you say it's a misinterpretation that AT called you a rude word?
    If so I would have to strongly disagree.

You are the first person to use that word on this thread FACT.

I did not say he called me a rude word, and AT seemed to know exactly what I meant.

the word was directed at myself, or are we so puritanical these days we can't say naughty words anymore? :roll:

Good debate on climate change we're having eh? :lol:
    Tits and bums.
  • Porgy
    Tits and bums.
    :shock:

:lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    4 pages.

Ladies and Gentlemen. I have enjoyed my popcorn, I'll soon be off for beer, my work here is done.

Ithankyou!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    supersonic wrote:
    A troll eh?!

Me no never.

Read many of my threads, postings?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Porgy
    attention seeker :roll:
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    :lol:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • DonDaddyD
    edited February 2010
    F*ck me aren't we all grumpy this Friday. Jeez.

Supersonic, I don't think we have conversed, ever. I was joking, well mostly. It's commonplace to have fun on here on Fridays. Here knock yourself out
    Porgy wrote:

Obviously the irony of this is wasted on you. But believe me its about the funniest thing you've said.
    Food Chain number = 4

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    So was I. You haven't read many of my posts.

;-)
  • DonDaddyD
    supersonic wrote:
    So was I. You haven't read many of my posts.

;-)
    Touche! I bow to your mighty post count a bold display of your superior experience.

Edit: And I now realise, with your name highlighted in orange that you're a moderator. who reported me? I can be productive, really...
    Food Chain number = 4

• Porgy
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    F*ck me aren't we all grumpy this Friday. Jeez.

Supersonic, I don't think we have conversed, ever. I was joking, well mostly. It's commonplace to have fun on here on Fridays. Here knock yourself out
    Porgy wrote:

Obviously the irony of this is wasted on you. But believe me its about the funniest thing you've said.

Am I an attention seeker? :shock:

Blimey - what makes you think you know anything about me?

btw - that post was meant to be light hearted - see above - if you can't see that then it's your problem.

If you're not an attention seeker then please do explain yourself and your daily tedious and 'controversial' (yawn) threads.
  • supersonic
    Edit: And I now realise, with your name highlighted in orange that you're a moderator. who reported me? I can be productive, really...

Green is for lowly mods, I am a admin god type person with nothing better to do than read climate change threads. And kill spammers...

Erm, not sure you were reported! Well not in this post thread anyway ;-)

+ BR Admin of the year 2009 +
  • DonDaddyD
    edited February 2010
    supersonic wrote:

Green is for lowly mods, I am a admin god type person with nothing better to do than read climate change threads. And kill spammers...

Erm, not sure you were reported! Well not in this post thread anyway ;-)

+ BR Admin of the year 2009 +

You're an admin and:

i) Your pictures aren't compliant with OCP rules

ii) You don't even have one picture of a road bike in your sig?

I bet I'm faster than you.

OK I'm pushing my luck now...
    Food Chain number = 4

• supersonic
    The Zaskar LE is a fairly nimble commuter! Just not when I am riding it.
  • DonDaddyD
    Can I be a moderator.
    Food Chain number = 4

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Can I be a moderator.
    Can you be moderate?
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Before you answer that, it was rhetorical.
  • supersonic
    Only people with mountain bikes can be moderators. Preferably zaskars.
  • DonDaddyD
    Oh! It's because mountain bikes cause less Climate Change. Unless it snows of course because snowing is the result of change in the climate.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,375
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Can I be moderated?

No charge.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • supersonic
    edited February 2010
    The reflective frame of a polished zaskar increases the albedo of the Earth's surface you see.

I might have offset with its all black brother though...
  • tailwindhome
    Porgy wrote:
    If I wanted to start a light hearted Friday afternoon thread - Climate change would be the last subject that I'd choose.
    Get over yourself. :roll:

It's the Ali V Frazier of the pretentious smart Alecs.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    supersonic wrote:
    The reflective frame of a polished zaskar increases the albedo of the Earth's surface you see.

I might have offset with its all black brother though...

Does the bike radar team have road bike vs mountain bikes like its website does, or campag vs shimano or helmet vs no helmet?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Porgy
    Porgy wrote:
    If I wanted to start a light hearted Friday afternoon thread - Climate change would be the last subject that I'd choose.

so let me get this straight:

I'm pretentious
    a smart alec
    attention seeking
    courdoroy wearing

all this because i don't deny the reality of climate change.

Wow - you lot are so clever. :D 8) <--- no irony, really.
  • tailwindhome
    Porgy wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

I'm pretentious
    a smart alec
    attention seeking
    courdoroy wearing

Betcha have a beard too.
  • Porgy wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

I'm pretentious
    a smart alec
    attention seeking
    courdoroy wearing

Betcha have a beard too.

And sandals.

And live in a cave (or aspire to).

And your all-time favourite song on your ipod is Moonlight Shadow.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Porgy
    What makes you think I have an ipod. I go to the folk club every night to drink real ale and dance about with bells on - why would i have an ipod? :evil: