Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• solstice21
    solstice21 Posts: 321
    edited December 2021
    Not sure if they do it for all bikes but I registered interested in a ADV 9.0. They emailed to say stock was coming soon and gave me a 10% off code. Worth a try? They then also let me get another 10% off with BC.
    Pretty crazy marketing on a bike that had won awards and was selling out fast at RRP!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited December 2021
    Maybe not the biggest bargain in the world, but Fawkes have the excellent quality Ravemen PR1600, complete with wireless remote, reduced from £140 to £94.75.
    It can also double up as a powerbank should you want it to.

https://fawkes-cycles.co.uk/ravemen-pr1600-usb-rechargeable-dual-lens-front-light-p11414

Probably overkill if you only road ride, but if you commute at all hours, and or offroad, this is definitely justifiable. I run a pair on my commute bike linked to the one remote.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited January 2022
    JAN20 knocks 20% off the entire Lusso range apparently, only up until Jan 14th.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited January 2022
    Sigma have the gloriously yellow, and fantastic perfetto ros jersey in stock, in ALL sizes currently for only £115!

https://sigmasports.com/item/Castelli/Perfetto-RoS-Long-Sleeve-Jersey/NE4X

If you go through TCB as well, that will get you 4.4% cashback as well.
    Bargain!

This is probably my favourite Jersey/Jacket - surpassing the previous favourite and Alpha jersey. The fit and performance are sublime.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    daniel_b said:

Sigma have the gloriously yellow, and fantastic perfetto ros jersey in stock, in ALL sizes currently for only £115!

https://sigmasports.com/item/Castelli/Perfetto-RoS-Long-Sleeve-Jersey/NE4X

If you go through TCB as well, that will get you 4.4% cashback as well.
    Bargain!

This is probably my favourite Jersey/Jacket - surpassing the previous favourite and Alpha jersey. The fit and performance are sublime.

I didn't get on with the Alpha. Much prefer the Espresso.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • daniel_b
    edited January 2022
    pinno said:

Is that Alpha jacket or jersey?
    I have the jersey (£75 bargain when Evans were semi reasonable), with the kind of sewn in gilet, and that is excellent, though imho eclipsed marginally by the perfetto above.

I did order an Alpha jacket way back when from the then Castelli Cafe, but they managed to send me one that had been worn, and had some bobbling and dubious stains down the front, so that went back sharpish at their expense, and they were then out of stock, so never revisited.

I also have an Espresso 3 (Ridiculous £90 bargain from Ribble when they still sold kit), in grey, black and yellow which will surprise people I am sure, and that is a stunning piece of kit, but for REALLY cold conditions, where as the jersey above (Though confusingly some places call it a jacket) I would put as for preferably above 0 conditions - well unless paired with a heavy duty base layer.

It looks now as if they have changed the aim of the Espresso name, and it is now not for warm pieces of attire, I think the Mk4 jacket was the last of that ilk, and that is some 4 years old.

I use my 3 sparingly, I want it to last for an exceedingly long time.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    daniel_b said:

pinno said:

Is that Alpha jacket or jersey?
    I have the jersey (£75 bargain when Evans were semi reasonable), with the kind of sewn in gilet, and that is excellent, though imho eclipsed marginally by the perfetto above.

I did order an Alpha jacket way back when from the then Castelli Cafe, but they managed to send me one that had been worn, and had some bobbling and dubious stains down the front, so that went back sharpish at their expense, and they were then out of stock, so never revisited.

I also have an Espresso 3 (Ridiculous £90 bargain from Ribble when they still sold kit), in grey, black and yellow which will surprise people I am sure, and that is a stunning piece of kit, but for REALLY cold conditions, where as the jersey above (Though confusingly some places call it a jacket) I would put as for preferably above 0 conditions - well unless paired with a heavy duty base layer.

It looks now as if they have changed the aim of the Espresso name, and it is now not for warm pieces of attire, I think the Mk4 jacket was the last of that ilk, and that is some 4 years old.

I use my 3 sparingly, I want it to last for an exceedingly long time.

I’d be surprised if there was a bit of kit you didn’t have. Or 3 of.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    It is the Espresso 3 Jacket. So you would say the perfetto Jersey is for colder conditions than the Espresso?!
    [and that is a fantastic bargain at £90. I think I paid £170 for it in an EOY sale but parted with my Alpha for around a £100, so was a reasonable exchange].
    I didn't like the fit of the Alpha. Always seemed slightly tight. Couldn't layer up as much as I would like to have done and the fit just didn't suit me. The Espresso with the storm cuffs and collar is just such a nicer jacket. Just slightly roomier seemingly too.
    Are all Italian models 1 size smaller than the rest of the world?
    My Castelli snood is going; too tight. Waiting for a replacement Torm to turn up in the post.
  • daniel_b
    edited January 2022
    Ah no, a misunderstanding I think @pinno, for me the Perfetto is for perhaps 0-8c, the Espresso 3 for me is more like sub zero upto maybe 4c.

As tomorrow is set to feel (according to the met office) like -3 @ 08:00, climbing to the heady heights of 1c, I've decided it's an Espresso jacket ride, paired with a winter merino base layer, and a snug ls jersey.

Have to say I can't recall exactly what the Alpha jacket fit was like, though I do recall it being snug (in small) to do up.

I virtually always wear small in everything, if not xs, the Espresso being the exception to that rule, as it is a medium, but that gives me layering room, and it's not going to be a flat out ride in those conditions, so works nicely.
    I really like the zips to cinch the cuffs up as well, good design.

The Perfetto is small, and I'd only pop a base layer under that.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    I only wish Castelli would have better tags on the zips - it's nigh on impossible to unzip/zip up with your gloves on.
    I have stumbled on Idlo base layers. They are just lovely. I rarely go with Merino now unless it's milder.
    I do like the Rough Radical base stuff.
  • daniel_b
    Yes agreed, definitely for their winter offerings.

Not heard of those, will look them up.

I have 2 rapha winter merino base layers from the days when they had really good sales plus discount codes freely available.
    My other ls ones are a more recent gripgrab purchase, and I might have a Morvelo kicking about as well.

Short sleeve for milder months, I prefer the mesh ones, so either castelli, morvelo or Ale make the material I like and the size (xs) that fits nicely.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited January 2022
    I've had a Perfetto for winter use for maybe 3/4 years now - teamed with a "technical material" vesty thing amd a gilet and arm warmers, its utterly mega.

V recommended
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    edited January 2022
    MattFalle said:

I've had a Perfetto for wokteruse for kaybe 3/4 years now - teamed woth a "technical material" vesty thing amd a gilet and arm warmers, its utterly mega.

V recommended

Typed while wearing gloves?
    Or, just on it early? 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    edited January 2022
    pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

I've had a Perfetto for wokteruse for kaybe 3/4 years now - teamed woth a "technical material" vesty thing amd a gilet and arm warmers, its utterly mega.

V recommended

Typed while wearing gloves?
    Or, just on it early? 😉
    😂😂😂

should have had a space blanket with me.
  • daniel_b
    edited January 2022
    MattFalle said:

I've had a Perfetto for winter use for maybe 3/4 years now - teamed with a "technical material" vesty thing amd a gilet and arm warmers, its utterly mega.

V recommended

Do you squeeze arm warmers under the long sleeve one, or are you talking about the short sleeve variant?

#wokteruse
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • MattFalle
    short sleeve

#wokteruse😂😂
  • daniel_b
    MattFalle said:

short sleeve

#wokteruse😂😂

I have the light version of the SS, and that is also a stunning bit of kit - especially when paired with arm warmers, base layer etc - great for commuting when it's cold in the morning, but milder for the return trip.

That's also available for decent money at the moment, £88 - £96 at a lot of places, not quite as much of a bargain as the LS linked to above though.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    I agree: I bought 2 x Castelli perfetto short sleeve ss jerseys and they are excellent for those spring, autumn/cooler days. I bought 2 for £65 each. Such a well engineered bit of kit.
  • daniel_b
    £65 is a bonafide steal!

Adventure cargo bibshorts from LP - they have a sale on, so £87 - plus a pair of random black socks to get 'free' postage:

And this from Tredz for £52ish down from £100, with matching socks:

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • domdom1980
    domdom1980 Posts: 79
    edited January 2022
    Certainly not a particular fan of Millar or his stupidly overpriced CHPT gear (the descriptions make me feel very uncomfortable) but a Gabba for under £100 seems a pretty good deal (as is the rain jacket on sale here)

https://saddleback.co.uk/collections/outlet
  • daniel_b

Certainly not a particular fan of Millar or his stupidly overpriced CHPT gear (the descriptions make me feel very uncomfortable) but a Gabba for under £100 seems a pretty good deal (as is the rain jacket on sale here)

https://saddleback.co.uk/collections/outlet

Nice spot - still don't understand their obsession with putting red bits on everything, well unless it's red material, and then it gets grey :#
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Rapha Pro Team winter shorts in two colours for £97.50, and seemingly all sizes:

https://rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/mens-pro-team-winter-bib-shorts/product/SBP01XXBUBXSM
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Rapha Pro Team winter bib tights - £210 down to £105 for an odd burgundy colour, or £125 for a far more palatable Teal colour.

https://rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/mens-pro-team-winter-tights-with-pad-ii/product/PWT04XXBUB
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pblakeney
    Clearly Rapha's foray into colour hasn't been as successful as planned.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • daniel_b
    pblakeney said:

Clearly Rapha's foray into colour hasn't been as successful as planned.

I don't know what you mean.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    I actually like the Teal. If they are as good as they are supposed to be, I think I might get a pair of those winter tights.
  • daniel_b
    I went for the Teal ones in small. Reviews look good, and that was at £210, so I have high hopes.
    Shame lettering on one side is white, but can't have everything I guess.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pblakeney
    pinno said:

I actually like the Teal. If they are as good as they are supposed to be, I think I might get a pair of those winter tights.

I really rate their kit, if you get it at the right price, mostly as I have had zero complaints, it's long lasting, and it fits me well. If it fits and you like the colour you should be happy.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • daniel_b
    edited January 2022
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

I really rate their kit, if you get it at the right price, mostly as I have had zero complaints, it's long lasting, and it fits me well. If it fits and you like the colour you should be happy.
    Couldn't agree more, at full price it's rarely worth considering in reality, but in a sale, at 40% or more off, definitely worth a look.
    I find the chamois pads a tiny bit preferable to the Progetto X2 pad, and whatever pad La Passione use, and the items I have bought all seem to be well put together, no loose threads, or things coming apart after a few uses, and wash well.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited January 2022
    Two Rapha fetching green midweight jersey massive reductions.

Short sleeve, £140 down to £70 (In all sizes):
    https://rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/pro-team-midweight-jersey/product/AMF01XXGRN

Long sleeve, £145 down to £72 (In most sizes):
    https://rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/mens-pro-team-long-sleeve-midweight-jersey/product/AMG01XXGRN

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18