The best Christmas present EVER

12346»

Comments

• amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    42, they aren't 44 which is what my Giant is.

I'm just coming to a stage where I want to try different sized things to identify my own personal preference.

I'm a fettler.

instead of spending loads of mine trying different size components, have you considered going to a proper bike fitting?

www.thebikewhisperer.co.uk
    www.cyclefit.co.uk
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    amnezia wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    42, they aren't 44 which is what my Giant is.

I'm just coming to a stage where I want to try different sized things to identify my own personal preference.

I'm a fettler.

instead of spending loads of mine trying different size components, have you considered going to a proper bike fitting?

www.thebikewhisperer.co.uk
    www.cyclefit.co.uk

Yes, had one when i bought the Kharma. Will have another one as things have got wider and longer. Won't work though, I like tweaking its in my nature.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Looks stunning Liv - be good to see a pic of her outdoors as I'm sure that luscious red looks even better in natural light.

As far as taking the photo goes - the OCP/OCD rules state you should show a good fist of seat post, remove all headset spacers and flip the stem down, before taking the photo, even if you don't ride it like that...

As for your short legs - as long as it fits you...!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I need a shed/garage - with plasma screen X-box and tool kit, bike stand, multiple bike parts, tweed a hat and a lot of time to myself.

Anyway. I'm really interesting in knowing how the Orca handles, climbing, sprinting, weight reviews, feedback livvy! Heal, get on the bike do some miles and let us know. Also add red bar tape.

Nah, white bar tape and saddle, with red Hudz.

sbc_seat_toupe_team_red9.jpg

red_hudz.jpg

Oh yes.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    My god, you are a tart
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    I need a shed/garage - with plasma screen X-box and tool kit, bike stand, multiple bike parts, tweed a hat and a lot of time to myself.

Anyway. I'm really interesting in knowing how the Orca handles, climbing, sprinting, weight reviews, feedback livvy! Heal, get on the bike do some miles and let us know. Also add red bar tape.

Dude I am DYING to get on the bike. It's gutting to see it sitting in my hall, looking lonely. But I am broken (see above post about the result of foolish over-confident skiing endeavours) and in far too much pain to cycle. Hopefully by Sunday I'll be up and at em.

And IP, LOVE the modifications, but budgets are a bit tight at the mo! May put them on the Xmas list though...
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    You'll notice jash never takes the bike when he goes to see his beloved Blues play.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    biondino wrote:
    You'll notice jash never takes the bike when he goes to see his beloved Blues play.

Yes I do, I take this bike:

3494011957_a90a220b22_b.jpg

Bikes for all occasions.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    things have got wider and longer.

:shock:
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    Best Christmas present is easy. My son's bday is 23 December & MrsK was kept in for 2 nights so we got to bring him home on 25th...
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • TommyEss wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

His Ego.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    RichK wrote:
    Best Christmas present is easy. My son's bday is 23 December & MrsK was kept in for 2 nights so we got to bring him home on 25th...

:D
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    TommyEss wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

gut and moobs
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • I see no snow... have you tried it yet? Hmmmmm?

Sadly not. Last Sunday I had a bit of a crash whilst skiing which has resulted in a sort of whiplash injury (ie absolute b....y agony and thunderbirds stance). Far too sore (and too dangerous) to try to ride any sort of bike, let alone my new pride & joy.

BUT the osteo beat me up last night and once the feeling of being run over by a truck has subsided, I hope to be out on it. In the meantime I'm having to exercise some of that patience I've heard so much about. Grr.

Oh no! You poor thing, take it easy. I know exactly what you mean by thunderbirds stance though!
  • HungryCol
    HungryCol Posts: 532
    HungryCol wrote:
    Lovely bike. Would have that crack in the down tube looked at though.

????

(is this a wind up?)

Yes. Standard jibe when someone gets a super bling new bike. :D
    Every winner has scars.