Comments

• mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Hang on, do I spy SPD's:

4290550481_ff81b24716.jpg

*tuts

520s as well by the looks of things :?
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    The wheels are half a turn wrong. Seats a little low.

Dust caps! Dust caps! Think of the weight!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I just hope those floor boards are up to the task.
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • HungryCol wrote:
    Lovely bike. Would have that crack in the down tube looked at though.

????

(is this a wind up?)
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

Seat is low because I have VERY short legs....

and as for the SPDs it's cos I am too poor to have several pairs of shoes in addition to several bikes. As cash flow improves I hope to upgrade.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    DonDaddyD wrote:

How do you know, you didn't measure/setup... it's no longer a pre-requisite to show a ridiculous amount of seat post, esp if you have a long back...

:roll:
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

How do you know, you didn't measure/setup... it's no longer a pre-requisite to show a ridiculous amount of seat post, esp if you have a long back...

These are the ramblings of a reconstructed metrosexual.

A ridiculous amount of seat post NEVER goes out of style. All this new fangled nonsense about "fit" be damned... :mrgreen:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

A ridiculous amount of seat post NEVER goes out of style. All this new fangled nonsense about "fit" be damned... :mrgreen:

:lol::lol:

Alright Grandad, keep your hair/moobs on...
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Sorry in advance How's the back? ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • I am too poor to have several pairs of shoes

I do not believe that to be true of any woman. It is a well known FACT that women sacrifice food and shelter in order to be able to buy shoes.

So either (a) you have no feet; or (b) you are not a woman.

I think we're going to need to ducking stool to get to the bottom of this one...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • JonGinge wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Shush. Run along. Play nicely somewhere else.

Or I'll throw my walking stick at you.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Greg66 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Shush. Run along. Play nicely somewhere else.

Or I'll throw my walking stick at you.
    :lol:
    Good to see you on embankment this am, BTW
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:

you of all people can't say anything about seat post lengths now can you???
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • il_principe
    Clever Pun wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

you of all people can't say anything about seat post lengths now can you???

Que? Depends on the Bike, Focus shows a fair bit, Prince doesn't - different geometries.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

For the purpose of the picture.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    As I'm cycling, I'm getting more flexible and finding that I require several inches more seatpost to appease me these days...
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    As I'm cycling, I'm getting more flexible and finding that I require several inches more seatpost to appease me these days...

Alternatively you could take some of the spacers out from your steerer tube.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

What's getting more flexible if dare I ask... Not sure how that should affect the height unless you used to be really really inflexible in your hamstrings?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

You mean raise the bar.

I like it low.
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

You mean raise the bar.

I like it low.

No, I mean lower the bars - take spacers out, not put them in... unless you've done that already. I'm going from your pic:

SNV31339-1.jpg
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What's getting more flexible if dare I ask... Not sure how that should affect the height unless you used to be really really inflexible in your hamstrings?

Honestly the answer would have to be yes, just generaly unfit/unhealthy everywhere.

I've come a long way.

But back to Livvy, the seat post (for the picture) should be raised so we can see the decals on it.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    I knew that pic was going to out again. Where are you finding it?

I've dropped the spacers and raised the seat. I think in any pic of a road bike the bars should be lower than the seatpost (I'm going to clean the Kharma up and take another pick of her).

You were there on Sunday when Jon asked if I like having the bars so low. And then had a quick adjustment (thanks Mark) to raise the seat post as it was too low and I couldn't get the power down.

New tweak is going to be a longer stem and then probably a wider bar (sometime in Sept).

BUT, I do like the Orca, how does it ride/handle Livvy?
    Food Chain number = 4

• I see no snow... have you tried it yet? Hmmmmm?

Sadly not. Last Sunday I had a bit of a crash whilst skiing which has resulted in a sort of whiplash injury (ie absolute b....y agony and thunderbirds stance). Far too sore (and too dangerous) to try to ride any sort of bike, let alone my new pride & joy.

BUT the osteo beat me up last night and once the feeling of being run over by a truck has subsided, I hope to be out on it. In the meantime I'm having to exercise some of that patience I've heard so much about. Grr.

Sadly not. Last Sunday I had a bit of a crash whilst skiing which has resulted in a sort of whiplash injury (ie absolute b....y agony and thunderbirds stance). Far too sore (and too dangerous) to try to ride any sort of bike, let alone my new pride & joy.

BUT the osteo beat me up last night and once the feeling of being run over by a truck has subsided, I hope to be out on it. In the meantime I'm having to exercise some of that patience I've heard so much about. Grr.

Coming to the pub then to assist the osteo using the healing powers of beer?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    [BUT the osteo beat me up last night and once the feeling of being run over by a truck has subsided, I hope to be out on it. In the meantime I'm having to exercise some of that patience I've heard so much about. Grr.

:lol: Livvy I'm sorry for laughing but the description brought back memories. Maybe the healing power of beer will increase your recovery :wink:
  • Clever Pun
    DonDaddyD wrote:

New tweak is going to be a longer stem and then probably a wider bar (sometime in Sept).

what width are your bars now? you shouldn't need anything more that 44 which is what I ride with.. anything more would not help you in anyway unless you want to do mini press ups ala spin classes
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    42, they aren't 44 which is what my Giant is.

I'm just coming to a stage where I want to try different sized things to identify my own personal preference.

I'm a fettler.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Clever Pun
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    42, they aren't 44 which is what my Giant is.

I'm just coming to a stage where I want to try different sized things to identify my own personal preference.

I'm a fettler.

Really?

I hadn't noticed
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    I need a shed/garage - with plasma screen X-box and tool kit, bike stand, multiple bike parts, tweed a hat and a lot of time to myself.

Anyway. I'm really interesting in knowing how the Orca handles, climbing, sprinting, weight reviews, feedback livvy! Heal, get on the bike do some miles and let us know. Also add red bar tape.
    Food Chain number = 4