What does your bike weigh ?

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Never weighed it, probably a lot more than any manufacturer quoted weight as it's a 21.5" frame. And it has pedals, inner tubes...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,097
    P7 is heavy at circa 30lbs

Willier & Kona are bugger all

But I am a heavy git!
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    salsa 18.5 lbs! mines 10lbs more, but cost just over a 10th of yours!
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    Inbred at 26ish
    Maxlight was 24ish, but has a new home now
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My Dale F700
    with Fatty forks standard 24lbs Cannondale website
    Dale with the spec at the min is just under 27lbs with those Marzocci forks
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    ok so my front wheels weighs 2kg then my rear wheels is about 2.75kg
    the unbranded finishing kit weigh alot put together, the forks are very heavy too and the frame is near enough a big 3D triangle which is filled up with alluminum with a one piece fat swing arma nd an unbranded coil shock plus all the rest so i put the highest one(38.1-40)
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    jay12 Your bikes probably around 16kg/36lbs because a freind of mine has an appolo fs 26 which is quite simililar to yours, and that's what his weighs.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    jay12 Your bikes probably around 16kg/36lbs because a freind of mine has an appolo fs 26 which is quite simililar to yours, and that's what his weighs.
    it's more than that. my wheels are DH specific cheap ones so they do add to the weight and my frame is burlier than a appolo fs26
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Weird. All the write ups and figures report my Super4.3's weight as 29.1lb.

Surely my DMR V12's don't weigh 7lb LOL. They felt pretty light ;) figures say 434grm
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Whyte must be around 25lbs
    Charge must be about 32lbs

Don't really weigh my bikes :roll:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • 456 summer season = 30lbs ish
    Giant XTC = 27lbs ish

did actually weigh them on the bathroom scales when I was bored the other day :oops:
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • leon69
    leon69 Posts: 53
    trek EX 9.9 (fs)carbon 24lbs i think
    trek Elite 9.9 SSL custom bild (HT) carbon 20lbs mebe ?

dont realy know :?
    If you dont bleed your not trying ...
  • Zaskar96
    Zaskar96 Posts: 174
    1996 GT Zaskar - 23.5lbs
    Kona The King - 25.5lbs and going down :)
  • weeksy59
    Done again by doing the bike on it's own. Not me balancing on it.

30.9lb.
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    edited December 2009
    Mine is 30.6, with 4.6lbs of that being rubber :shock: not too bad IMO for a sub £500 build (though I am saving 1.3lbs with my surly fork)
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Somewhere under 25lb. It apparently weighed 24.8lb new, and I've put on lighter tyres, a carbon seatpost, Gobi XM saddle (possibly lighter) and a KMC SL chain.

Also lock on grips and a crudcatcher, which will have added weight, and it's running tubeless, which is probably pretty 'neutral'.

I weighed it with cheapo luggage scales a while back, and it was somewhere between 24lb and 24.5lb, I don't really trust them though!

Edit:It's an 08 Boardman Pro HT btw
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • My Road bikes come in at:
    Roubaix 17.6lbs with pedals and 2 bottle cages
    Langster 18.5lbs with pedals, bottle cages and pump

My Salsa 29er came in at 22.7lbs with Mavic crossmax wheels, 24.8lbs with Halo freedom wheels.

I did have a Specialized Tarmac which I built my self. Could tell you the weight of everything on the bike. Tubes, tyres (Front and rear), wheels (front and rear), cassette, cables, bar tape, handle bars, everything. That one I got down down to 17lbs with pedals, then ran out of funds to upgrade to a Barmac, which would have saved me about another 300g. Full Dura Ace or SRAM Red would have cut about another 1lb...I did go a bit anal on that bike.
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    The Rize weighs about 32lbs. The Proflex weighs about 25.

The fingernail test on the Proflex's frame indicates it is only slightly thicker than a beer can but although the Rize has some clever butting going on, the metal is much thicker.

Proflex's forks are simple aluminium beams with some bits of sponge; Rize has Toras with steel stanchions, knobs, dials etc. Back ends feel similar-ish.

A two hour ride on the Proflex is like two hours in a food mixer. Two hours on the Rize is like two hours in the car.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    merlin's 23lbs, but it's SS.
    FXR XC Expert - I don't know and don't trust the manufacturers weight
    Carrera Fury, supposed to be 29lbs, but have replaced the wheels for XT/719s, tyres are S works sauserwinds, chainset is HT2 and saddles a spoon so its probably nearer 27lbs now. Will be a bit less when the Deus stuff turns up.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • haha mine's a beast @ 50lb... :twisted:
  • weeksy59
    haha mine's a beast @ 50lb... :twisted:

damn, more info
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    My Zaskar LE weighs between 22 and 23lbs - the Zaskar Team about 26lbs.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    i think a " who's got the heaviest bike " would be interesting :D
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    not as much as me wallet and cards after buying them..

but nowere near as light as my bank acount after financing them. :P
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    So I now have a new seatpost (longer) and replaced the 2.5 WTB tyre on the front with a 2.4 Conti MK, so thought it best to re-weigh the bike.

Couldn't beleive my eyes when I saw that it has gone from 30.6lbs to 28.4lbs :shock:

I just thought that it rode better due to less rolling resistance and a better fit :D
  • 2008 scott scale 70

just weiged with the highly accurate :roll: bathroom scales method.........

24lbs

new parts swapped out (from standard) are:
    '09 mavic crossrides (scott/alexrims)
    '10 reba teams (RSdart 3)
    '09 xt crankset (boggy basic shimano)
    '09 xt front mech (deore)
    '09 ea50 mid-rise bars (scott flats)
    charge spoon saddle (scott)
    '09 Juice 3's 203f 160r (v-brake)

quite surprised really thought it was heavier (if indeed the scales are correct)
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • 2005 Kona Cindercone as standard was 30 lbs

with upgraded RS Reba Team forks, Mavic 717 rims on Hope Pro2 hubs, Raceface bar and stem takes it down to a smidge under 28lbs.

Weighed using a Balannza luggage scale that my mother bought me for Xmas last year.

Thought it was pretty useless until I looked at my bikes!!!
    Giant Anthem X3 2013
  • Lee30
    Lee30 Posts: 118
    Mines currently 24lbs bang on with pedals and lights and still the standard shifters and mechs :roll:
  • mines 24lb and thats light enough for me, theres no way i'd spend any money making it lighter
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Is the weight before or after cleaning off all the mud / ice / snow? :lol: ......what about mudguard weights? / tool kit weights? and does it matter as much as for a road bike??
    MTBs---Van Nic Ti HT about 25 lb without guards / tool pack; Giant Trance 07 about 30 lb ditto.
    Road bikes
    Viner Mitus carbon about 16lb :D:D , Van Nic Yukon about 20lb :)

Seriously though the nature of (my) MTBing is that i`ll often carry a rucsac with camelbak / spare warm clothes / food whilst road biking try to keep to a couple of bottles + tools, windproof-
    --so on MTBs I would reckon that a few pounds weight saved may be offset by 1. extra kit usually carried. 2. extra comfort / uphill traction of full suss??