I can see snow from my window!

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Nothing like that in Kingston. Snow has stuck, but it's sleet and driving wind now.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    Ha ha ha ha ha - fooled you! I am sat on your roof with a box of Persil!!!!!!

must be a big box of persil, its snowing all over the place, you must have long arms too to reach everyones windows!
  • Someone, somewhere, must have just spotted a toothed chicken... Snow has laid in Bitterne (an ickle bit)! :lol:

Just for reference, I have not got up just to inform you of this momentus news, for some random reason I have just spent the last ~90 minutes getting no sleep at all (but only just come through to the puter room). :?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Someone, somewhere, must have just spotted a toothed chicken... Snow has laid in Bitterne (an ickle bit)! :lol:

Just for reference, I have not got up just to inform you of this momentus news, for some random reason I have just spent the last ~90 minutes getting no sleep at all (but only just come through to the puter room). :?

yeah, yeah pull the other one its got bells on. :P
  • lost_in_thought

look like a dusting... nice an fresh looking. I hate brown snow.
    Cervelo Soloist
    Cervelo P2 (Carbon)
    Trek 4500
    some sort of cx bike

It's not that cold out, it's just a bit windy.

http://www.ridecalgary.blogspot.com

www.bikecalgary.org
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    It clearly snowed here overnight !

4194044509_657f84e1f4_m.jpg

I don't think I'll be venturing out on anything other than the MTB. Oh wait, that's in pieces in the shed.....
    ....good job I work from home then! I'll just make another cup of coffee and wander through to the study :D

Keep safe on the commute, y'all.
    Misguided Idealist
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Nothing here just wind & ice :(
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • its thawing here now - damn i was wanting to sledging.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,376
    Snow in Northern Ireland today.

For about half an hour.

Then we remembered where we were and it promptly turned to rain.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    According to the weather it's to snow here again tomorrow. And I'm supposed to be going to do some christmas shopping :(
  • About 2 inches of snow here in yokel land, having looked out the window and seen the small roads were a pretty snowy this morning, for some reason I assumed the main ones would be fine, after all it is winter and so they are bound to be gritted so left the mtb at home and took the Galaxy as normal. :shock: :shock: Quite snowy eveywhere! nevermind she got me in safe and sound, the bold rear tyre was a little slippy up the hills, and I'm I afarid I have sinned please forgive me, I had to cycle on the pavement in paces because the roads had compacted to ice so needed to get on the virgin snow for some grip

still beat all the cars though :-)

take care out there people
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • itboffin
    I don't mind the snow but I do have work to do and this being stuck at home and not even able to ride my bike becomes boring very quickly.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Snow in Northern Ireland today.

For about half an hour.

Then we remembered where we were and it promptly turned to rain.

:lol:
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    So can I
    d19cf2bf01b242199e2855d9f02e0a0c.jpg
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Anyone else just look out the window for the first time this afternoon and seen that the ground has changed to white?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Nothing here in brum, clear skies all day. It's gonna be cold going home!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • rjeffroy
    rjeffroy Posts: 638
    Anyone else just look out the window for the first time this afternoon and seen that the ground has changed to white?

For the first time ever I think I might have to leave my bike at work and get the tube home...
  • itboffin
    It stopped snow just as the light went, so now the ice is covered with a thin layer of slushie fresh snow, great!
  • cjcp wrote:

Wife just called me to tell me it's pretty thick on the road at home (SE21) so to leave earlier rather than later. Heavy snowfall here in London Bridge as well but the ground is too wet for it to settle.
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Hmm, looking pretty heavy outside.

If it eases off, I might make a run for it. Avoiding a repeat of Thursday night would be ace.
  • Fireblade96
    The forecast for this area stuck resolutely to "sleet", until someone finally looked out the window at the thick, heavy snow and updated it.
    It's been doing this for hours:
    4203140881_3b6d60c519_m.jpg
    A mate just called to say he had to abandon his car because he couldn't get home. The BBC says it's chaos out there.

Might be time to fit the winter tyres to the commuter :roll:
    Misguided Idealist
  • itboffin
    Ah balls now it's really coming down
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Will I ever get to test my new bike?? :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,209
    Seems to have stopped here in London W1 - everyone seems to be making tracks 'just in case' so the pubs should have a bit of elbow room. It's beer o'clock :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • itboffin
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Seems to have stopped here in London W1 - everyone seems to be making tracks 'just in case' so the pubs should have a bit of elbow room. It's beer o'clock :)

I like your style 8)
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I spent half an hour watching 2 guys from across the street try and help their neighbour get his van into a parking space.

Thankfully I got my final present today so don't need to go out tomorrow. It's still snowing so we'll be lucky to make it out the street.
  • Fireblade96
    I was meant to be meeting up with some friends this evening - 1 has texted to say he's 600m from work, which he left 3 hours ago. Another, with a Range Rover, is trapped in the Oracle shopping centre, because the roads outside are gridlocked and noone can get out.

I'm rebuilding the MTB in the kitchen with a glass of red :-)
    Misguided Idealist
  • My round was so much fun on the black ice rink that was Nursling this morning! How I did not go over once is a miracle!! :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I was standing at a window at my house, talking to my mum on the phone about how poorly people were driving past my house. I commented, "oh, now this car is going way too fast". About 5 seconds later it ploughed into the back of another car. I had to laugh.

About a centimetre of snow and it gets completely crazy. Apparently half of the trains from London have been cancelled. I'm looking forward to cycling to work tomorrow.
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    So can I, but I am in Kiev, so not really a suprise, but back in the UK tomorrow so hooray! I can leave the freezing conditions, snow and ice back in Eastern Europe