I can see snow from my window!

Comments

• EC1V is seeing bigger fatter flakes...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I can see Man Shitty's Stadium from my Window.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I can see elves from my window. They've got little green hats on.

And a gritting lorry.
  • The elves are wearing gritting lorries on their head?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    I dont have a window where i work :(
    us0.png
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    NGale wrote:
    Not a flake of snow here in Devon or Somerset.

There was on the top of the Blackdown Hills
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg66 wrote:
    So it must be Christmas. Officially.

(10.45 on 16 Dec).

Nah just cateracts, you old git! :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • i keep hoping to see some each morning in machester but not yet
  • itboffin
    positively tropical here in Windshire, i've got me shorts on and a large glass of Pimms
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    So it must be Christmas. Officially.

(10.45 on 16 Dec).

Nah just cateracts, you old git! :P

Nah. It was dirt on the specs, plus me shaking me 'ead around shouting "Bad Christmas! Go away!!" :D
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • I could see snow in the flesh for about an hour on my round! Seeing snow from window? Pah! :lol:

(it did not stick though) :cry:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Looks like we're in for more this afternoon and this evening.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • There is currently what can only be described as a blizzard here. Crepe. I've got to get to London today.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Still sunny in Soho. I see dark clouds on my horizon, but they appear to be moving more south than west at the moment.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    cjcp wrote:
    Looks like we're in for more this afternoon and this evening.

that'll make for a fun ride home on my slick 23mm tyres :roll: I've already had fun sliding down the road on my arse this morning :shock:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    edited December 2009
    I came out the supermarket to a nice sunny sky, by the time I got half way home it was a blizzard and at home the snow has obviously been on a while as there is a layer on the ground. And I've seen several cars pass with a good inch of snow sitting on top of them.

That's the difference a little elevation can make I guess.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    The first flurries have just blasted past my window. And I was just about to pop out on the bike to get supplies. Stuff that for a crazy idea !
    Misguided Idealist
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    -null- wrote:
    I came out the supermarket to a nice sunny sky, by the time I got half way home it was a blizzard and at home the snow has obviously been on a while as there is a layer on the ground. And I've seen several cars pass with a good inch of snow sitting on top of them.

..still clear in Glasgow, as it was near Stirling this morning.

I had a bad ride in this morning- I left a bit early 'cos Radio Scotland Travel was reporting a road closure (HGV jacknifed on ice) on a road adjacent to my commute. I had a visit from the PF half way and changed a tube (front, Marathon+) but that left me very tight for the 0729. Entering Dunblane the road was visibly sparkly from the ice, so I was being a bit wary, but I saw the train approaching the station and thought I just might make it....
    Slowed for the turning and the bike slid, so I put a foot down and came to a stop, then tried to walk across the footbridge to the platform... Fell three times before I got to the other side and was able to get back on the bike, but by then the train was leaving!

Hope no-one heard the language I used... :oops:

Ah well, such are the joys...

Cheers,
    W.

BTW, I reckon a fixed is definitely better when it's slippy- you can check grip accurately by slowing the back wheel with the pedals and it's recoverable if it slips. If you use a brake it's harder to tell when the wheel locks, and how much force was needed to do so.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Just experienced some mad arctic squall walking back from a yum lunch at Bocca di Lupo. Sideways sleet and strong winds for about ten mins. Would have been a show stopper on a bike!
  • Sunny here in Southampton right now, might even pop down to the garage to fettle with fitting that high angle On-One stem and Charge Spoon to the Felt. Could possible be the most constructive thing I do today, given the headache/earache I've had for the last few hours on my day off! :cry:

Our snow fun is expected around midnight, but will it stick? Seen any chicken with teeth recently? :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    -null- wrote:

..still clear in Glasgow, as it was near Stirling this morning.

I had a bad ride in this morning- I left a bit early 'cos Radio Scotland Travel was reporting a road closure (HGV jacknifed on ice) on a road adjacent to my commute. I had a visit from the PF half way and changed a tube (front, Marathon+) but that left me very tight for the 0729. Entering Dunblane the road was visibly sparkly from the ice, so I was being a bit wary, but I saw the train approaching the station and thought I just might make it....
    Slowed for the turning and the bike slid, so I put a foot down and came to a stop, then tried to walk across the footbridge to the platform... Fell three times before I got to the other side and was able to get back on the bike, but by then the train was leaving!

Hope no-one heard the language I used... :oops:

Ah well, such are the joys...

Cheers,
    W.

BTW, I reckon a fixed is definitely better when it's slippy- you can check grip accurately by slowing the back wheel with the pedals and it's recoverable if it slips. If you use a brake it's harder to tell when the wheel locks, and how much force was needed to do so.
    I heard it started snowing in Glasgow a little while ago.

I somehow managed to keep on my feet while walking to the car this morning even though the pavement was a sheet of ice. Probably lucky since I've been told the local hospital stopped admitting people with breaks due to falling as there has been so many.
  • Looks like the mountain bike will be making an appearance soon.

Just opened a bottle of merlot - it's nicely chilled :evil:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35118936@N07/4193810816/
  • itboffin
    Looks like the mountain bike will be making an appearance soon.

Hold tight old bean a couple more days of this and you'll get your cold weather heating allowance :lol:

Go on flick another bar on..... :lol:

:roll:
  • itboffin wrote:
    Looks like the mountain bike will be making an appearance soon.

Hold tight old bean a couple more days of this and you'll get your cold weather heating allowance :lol:

Go on flick another bar on..... :lol:

:roll:

What, and be blamed for wiping out primitive coastal communities in deprived areas by burning more fossil fuels? I've got friends in Norfolk you know.

I'll just move some of the red into the kitchen.
  • itboffin
    Just where have you been keeping it :)
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Wow look outside londoners!!!
  • moonio wrote:
    Wow look outside londoners!!!

click on the photo above...that was about an hour ago
  • Oh yes, snow indeedy... here's just east of Christophe at 2330... will see how I go with the Bowery I think... but it may be old commuter for tomorrow's antics.

13731_233012500468_732610468_4874931_5592737_n.jpg