6'4" Commuter's club

13»

Comments

• jimst
    jimst Posts: 1
    6'6" 100kg size 48 SPD's no problem with buying clothes

Ride a Van Nicholas Zephyr 60cm which is lovely but the bars are too low for me.

What muppet invented a handlebar system where you can only adjust the height by about an inch?

Waiting for a 64cm Condor Fratello to arrive at which point I hope to be sitting a little more comfortably.
  • Trekfast
    Trekfast Posts: 1
    6'9 17 stone. Trek 7.3fx 63.5cm for work commute. Ideal onroad 62 cm for weekend fun. Size 49 feet, had some difficulty getting shoes. Rowing kit doubles up for bike use.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    CdrJake wrote:
    6'3 (and a bit) size 13 feet. Bib tights are simply a no go with my leg length as they pinch in places you really don't want them to pinch. :shock:

I make to with cycle shorts for most of the year and if it gets a little chilly then I break out the leg warmers. Cheap t-shirt on top with RN hoodie if needed. The uniform stays in the office for ease.

Commuting bike, a Kona Jake The Snake and for around the base a Brompton, total mileage just for my commutes is around 80 miles a week.

Ooh watch out, prj45 will get all bitchy on you. You're not 6'4"....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    CdrJake wrote:
    6'3 (and a bit) size 13 feet. Bib tights are simply a no go with my leg length as they pinch in places you really don't want them to pinch. :shock:

I make to with cycle shorts for most of the year and if it gets a little chilly then I break out the leg warmers. Cheap t-shirt on top with RN hoodie if needed. The uniform stays in the office for ease.

Commuting bike, a Kona Jake The Snake and for around the base a Brompton, total mileage just for my commutes is around 80 miles a week.

Ooh watch out, prj45 will get all bitchy on you. You're not 6'4"....

:lol:

Well my medical records state I am 6'4, although in the past number of years I do seem to have lost a quater of an inch, although I am more convinced that is down to the 'child' medical assistant who was doing the numbers work at my last medical. :roll:
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • 6 foot 4 ! :D 3/4 length shorts are definatley the way forward.

Does being taller increase our wind resistance? is this why all pro's are short?
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    CdrJake wrote:
    Well my medical records state I am 6'4, although in the past number of years I do seem to have lost a quater of an inch, although I am more convinced that is down to the 'child' medical assistant who was doing the numbers work at my last medical. :roll:

I figure being taller we actually squish down more percentage wise during the day.

What I'm trying to say that as long a you're 6'4" or above when you get up, you're in.

I'm no auxologist though.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Have to say I'm tempted to get coordinates off of all of you and plan a ride at the geographical centre...

We're a bit dicked if somebody living in America posts on here though, although I'm sure if we all sat on each other's shoulders at least the top two might be able to breath.

Anybody know what the terrain's like at the bottom of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge? Will my 700c x 26's Mavics be OK?

Either that or just do it in London, going on the basis that there is nowhere else.

edit: this ride might be a bit "blokey".
  • 6' 4", 90KG and size 9s - So no problems with shoes, or gloves etc. 36" inside leg, 33" waist. So yes, lanky. Not commuting yet - hoping to build up to it over the next year - it's about 17 miles, but it's in to Sheffield, so there are some monster hills (well, I think they are). Currently not riding anything (my 12 year old Muddy Fox is in the loft), looking at a Boardman Hybrid - so glad to see someone taller saying they get on well long term with theirs.