My Cannondale CAAD9 (07)

13»

Comments

• freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Just an update for this bike:

As seen in workshop, but I thought I'd update my bike pics here.

RIP CAAD9

th_DSC00240.jpg
    th_DSC00239.jpg
    th_DSC00238.jpg
    th_DSC00237.jpg
    th_DSC00236.jpg
    th_DSC00235.jpg
    th_DSC00234.jpg
    th_DSC00233.jpg
    th_DSC00232.jpg
    th_DSC00231.jpg
    th_DSC00230.jpg
    th_DSC00229.jpg
    th_DSC00228.jpg
    th_DSC00227.jpg
    th_DSC00226.jpg
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    freehub wrote:
    RIP CAAD9
    Does this mean that the frame is bent? :(
  • freehub
    Yep, the chain stays/ seat stays are bent.

If you look carefully in some of the pics, you can just about see it.
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Aww, bummer! I'm really drunk right now, but I'll try to make sense without using Glasgow slang. Thank God for the spell check. :)

I was really hoping that it was just the way it looked in the photo's, Will. :( I'm actually like soo sorry. :cry: What you going to do? Thinking about trying to get another CAAD9? I'm not too keen on the CAAD10 for some reason. Dunno what. Just ... it's not a CAA9 if you know what I mean. :?

And FYI, my eye's are in the same state as when Mustafa dies in the Lion King. :( Trying to cry, but I won't let them. :cry::cry:
  • freehub
    :lol:

Well I wanna get a Trek Madone or Cannondale SuperSIX or something with Ultegra this time.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    edited July 2010
    Nasty. Not nice to see a frame mangled like that. :(

No chance of a (discounted?) crash replacement or are you set on something different?
  • freehub
    I can get a CAAD9 (BB30) with forks, all in black for £500, but I'm not keen on black CAAD9's and tbh I've being getting the impression from various bike shops that a carbon frame or a thicker aluminium frame would not have being wrote off. They said the CAAD9's are so thin that they're very fragile.

This guy in the bike shop shown me Treks top end aluminium frame and I was abit confused, it weighed a ton, the bike even weighed more than my Genesis Aether with Aksiums and tiagra/105 group set with a saddle bag on.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    I'm not too keen on the CAAD10 for some reason. Dunno what. Just ... it's not a CAA9 if you know what I mean.

I have a black CAAD5 and for some reason the CAAD10 hasn't yet grown on me either.

Maybe it's because it's not a US made frame like the older bikes, but I think a lot of it has to do with the look of the rear triangle. The hourglass seatstays on the older frames set them apart from all the run of the mill bikes out there. The CAAD10 looks a bit plain maybe. I've only seen it in white, didn't help.

Not seen one in the flesh yet, maybe I'll change my mind. Happy with the CAAD5 for now, need to use it a bit more and do less mountain biking........
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Lagavulin
    freehub wrote:
    I tbh I've being getting the impression from various bike shops that a carbon frame or a thicker aluminium frame would not have being wrote off. They said the CAAD9's are so thin that they're very fragile.
    Oh great. I've just put down a deposit on a CAAD9 Ultegra. :lol:
  • freehub
    I probs would have wanted another CAAD9 if it came with better wheels, those wheels are like Aksium level.
  • Lagavulin
    It is a shame you can't spec. the thing up as you want.
    Mine is coming with Racing 7s which I have experience of - none of it good (football rattle freehub and have fallen apart twice... and I'm all of 65KGs :() so will either try and flog 'em or use them over fall and winter and invest in some 50mm Dura-Ace 7850s or Cosmic Carbone SLs.
  • tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    freehub wrote:
    :lol:

Well I wanna get a Trek Madone or Cannondale SuperSIX or something with Ultegra this time.

Lovely bikes but there's no way I'd race one unless I had it insured against crashes. I don't believe a carbon frame would have come out any differently. It would just have cracked rather than bent.
  • hairyleg
    hairyleg Posts: 134
    Hi,What you doing with the frame am a TIG welder and need a frame to play with.Love c'dales had a Caad 6 for 7yrs great bikes.HL
    This is not a race!!!!But I'm winning
    Canyon cf
    Cannondale caadx 9
  • freehub
    Here is my temp bike:

I reckon it's about half a mph slower on the hills for some reason.

It's so much more bumpy the the CAAD9, can feel ever little bumpy, and it's SCARY going down hill.

It's got my beat up de-badged Aksiums on I use for commuter that have being battered on Manchester roads.

th_DSC00246-1.jpg
  • Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    Is that stuff in the bottle the result of peeing yourself going downhill?