So what weird things........

Comments

• Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    LazyBoycp wrote:
    lastant wrote:
    If I accidentally drag a foot or tap it somewhere I do the other one to 'even it up'.

+1 Also, if I step on a join between paving slabs then I have to do the same with the other foot (and with the same place on my foot, e.g. if it's with the heel of the first foot, it has to be the heel of the other).

I've got this one as well - it's a real pain and can make you look very silly at times. :oops:
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    I always start going up the stairs with my left foot first

On the bike I always unclip my right foot when stopping, I've tried the other way and had no end of problems trying to clip my left foot in on the move. Everyone has their favourate foot for unclipping surely.

I have to eat all the food on my plate, drink my last drop of beer and finish the tub of Ben & Jerry's, that's why I'm a fat git!

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Clockwise maybe - but what if you're in Australia? ps. Don't know how to show the reference from above or how to put in smily faces.[/quote]
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I have to sleep with Jake on my left hand side, if he's on the other side of the bed I can't get to sleep.

I do judge a book by it's cover, if I like the cover I'll read the book. As a result I have some excellent books I may not have read before.

My shirts have to have creases down the sleeves.

My CDs and my Itunes downloads have to be in alphabetical and genre order
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Apart from the loo roll thing... ok... I'll play...

I also stack coins in order of size, and anything else that's stackable.
    If I'm waiting in line at a shop I get the urge (which I usually suppress) to tidy up their chewing gum/chocolate bar displays.
    I like things to be symmetrical. It pleases me.
    All the bottles/cans in my drinks fridge have to have the labels facing forwards.
    The ornaments on my coffee table have to be in *just* the right place.
    I can't let fabric touch my teeth, nor cotton wool, nor sponges. Sometimes the same applies for my fingernails, but I try to ignore that.
    I have mild trichotillomania - eyelashes only.

But I'm getting better! I don't tap out syllables while people talk any more. OK, very occasionally...

:oops:
  • your all strange. I have to find a picture that isnt hung level to my eye.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!

• But I'm getting better! I don't tap out syllables while people talk any more. OK, very occasionally...

:shock: never heard of that one before, that's funny :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Apart from the loo roll thing... ok... I'll play...

If I'm waiting in line at a shop I get the urge (which I usually suppress) to tidy up their chewing gum/chocolate bar displays.
    I like things to be symmetrical. It pleases me.
    All the bottles/cans in my drinks fridge have to have the labels facing forwards.
    The ornaments on my coffee table have to be in *just* the right place.
    I can't let fabric touch my teeth, nor cotton wool, nor sponges. Sometimes the same applies for my fingernails, but I try to ignore that.
    Hey, someone's kidnapped Livs and replaced her with Monica Geller ;)
    I have mild trichotillomania - eyelashes only.
    Ah, yes, me too: eyebrows and jawline stubble.
    But I'm getting better! I don't tap out syllables while people talk any more. OK, very occasionally...
    Never noticed :)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jonginge
    Ok, I have two very conflicting traits: I am an olympic-level procrastinator; I have a work-related hero complex. The two do not sit happily together...

Edit: would have posted this last night but was watching a film I'd seen at least 10 times before...
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I'm pretty certain that's just common sense. I don't think the Egyptians were being 'weird' when they decided to put the biggest bit of the pyramids at the bottom.
  • This thread needs a trick cyclist
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • biondino wrote:
    symo wrote:
    hisoka wrote:

I'm quite OCD about people putting apostrophe's in plural's.

+1 - actually, I think mine extends to bad grammar in general *sets oneself up for making grammatical errors in this post and prepares for ensuing ridicule*
    I get the thing with the toilet roll but i hang it down the wall side - i think this is because of the small loo we had growing up so it used to be hung away from the knees.
    I can relate to the "certain side of body first" thing too but i don't take it as far as starting over or consciously checking that I was left side first. However, if i do things with one side of my body, i make sure i do it the same number of times to the other side of the body - it's all about balance :) Actually, symmetry in general gets me. Even when i was little my Lego had to be symmetrical in colour, shape and even type of block used. Some other traits are:
    - the volume of any device has to be multiples of 5 or on the number 7 or 13;
    - the toilet seat should be put down when the toilet isn't in use;
    - brush my teeth after every snack or meal;

Variations on all these themes seem to be the normal, so i'm taking solace in the fact i'm quite normal (using this forum as a poll of the general populous) :lol:
    "scalare come se al grembo degli dei" (apologies to any Italain speakers if the grammar/spelling is off)
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    grahamg123 wrote:
    the volume of any device has to be multiples of 5 or on the number 7 or 13;

no nonoooooooooooooooanything but the number 13 - or twelvty as I call it
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Blimey charlie you bunch of nutters...

Loo roll looks more right (to me) away from the wall but I never change it if it isn't.

I unclip on the left more but that's due to right hip being a bit fecked and I'm now totally used to doing it that way.

Not sure I want to meet you lot again :)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    biondino wrote:

I have to be on the left when walking in a pair with someone else. I mean, I don't go spazzy if I'm not, but do feel uneasy!

F@cking liberals! :lol:
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Blimey charlie you bunch of nutters...

Loo roll looks more right (to me) away from the wall but I never change it if it isn't.

I unclip on the left more but that's due to right hip being a bit fecked and I'm now totally used to doing it that way.

You ride a weird deviant bike.
  • jonginge
    biondino wrote:

I have to be on the left when walking in a pair with someone else. I mean, I don't go spazzy if I'm not, but do feel uneasy!

F@cking liberals! :lol:
    :lol:
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • _Brun_ wrote:
    Blimey charlie you bunch of nutters...

You ride a weird deviant bike.

:lol: to be fair, you and itb were the ones i'd still be willing to drink with... 8)
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Oh I have just remembered that I tap my toes alternately with the gaps in the lines in a road, or cat eyes, if I am a passenger.

And Liv - your list was strangely familiar, but I don't think any of that is odd.
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • JonGinge wrote:
    Ok, I have two very conflicting traits: I am an olympic-level procrastinator; I have a work-related hero complex. The two do not sit happily together...

+5 brilliant, that's me exactly :)
  • linsen wrote:
    You are all nutters

The only one I can think of is that I can't settle to sleep with cupboards or drawers not shut properly. I am quite sure that is entirely normal.

Oh and I usually shut the front door when I leave the house

I am the same with that, although that stems to childhood when I though the witches and ghosts would get me if they were open! I dont mind so much these days, I keep a photon pack by my bed to get those pesky wardrobe ghosts!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    gert_lush wrote:
    I keep a photon pack by my bed

Is that another word for a "lamp"?
  • photon / proton whatever :D it worked for Egon :roll:
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131

I have that, gives me the shivers. When i very occasionally go to McD's I can not take the tissues out of the holder because I do not like the feeling on my nails.

I can not stand having any nasal hair either.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    linsen wrote:
    Oh I have just remembered that I tap my toes alternately with the gaps in the lines in a road, or cat eyes, if I am a passenger.

What, even on long journeys? You are a nutter.
  • Porgy

Me too and it's getting worse with age - it never bothered me until i reached my 30s. Now I can barely stand to clean my teeth and can only use an electric toothbrush. Certainly can't have any sort of material touching my teeth or even in my mouth.

There was someone on "come dine with me" at the weekend who sucked some soup of soemone else's tie. I shrivelled inside. :?
  • Porgy wrote:
    There was someone on "come dine with me" at the weekend who sucked some soup of soemone else's tie. I shrivelled inside. :?

That is entirely your fault for watching such drivel :D
  • Porgy
    Porgy wrote:

That is entirely your fault for watching such drivel :D

some people watch x factor - i watch come dine with me.

I think it's absolutely hilarious - i love it. :oops:
  • Porgy wrote:

Me too and it's getting worse with age - it never bothered me until i reached my 30s. Now I can barely stand to clean my teeth and can only use an electric toothbrush. Certainly can't have any sort of material touching my teeth or even in my mouth.

See, that's what I was worried I'd be like in a few years. I give myself a good talking to every so often about it which seems to help, it is after all purely a trick of the mind.
  • this has opened a can of worms...just had a few more "helpfully" pointed out to me...

...cutlery all has to be from the same set, i always crack a hole in the bottom of the egg shell when i've finished eating a boiled egg and i'm also guilty of ordering my monetary notes in value order in my wallet while making sure they're all facing the same way. oh, and the obvious one of alphabetical ordering of my music and film collection. the last one worries me because of the sense of panic and anger i get when mine, or anyone elses, "isn't right".

...i'm off to book an appointment with my therapist...
    "scalare come se al grembo degli dei" (apologies to any Italain speakers if the grammar/spelling is off)