So what weird things........

Comments

• Massimo
    Massimo Posts: 318
    If it's anything other than a sandwich I have to each type of thing in full before I move on to the next (ie meat, then carrots, then potatoes, then peas...)

I even do it with salads!!! :shock:
    Crash 'n Burn, Peel 'n Chew
    FCN: 2
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    lastant wrote:
    Attica wrote:
    My car radio volume has to be on an even number.

YES! Actually, any radio with a numerical display has to be on even!

If I accidentally drag a foot or tap it somewhere I do the other one to 'even it up', similarly if I take a couple of stairs at a time leading with my left leg I have to do the other one too.

I empty out packets of M&Ms and sort them into colour order (and sort Haribos etc. into 'types'...maybe...cough cough).

When taking money out, I make sure the Queen's head is facing me in my wallet with notes in descending order (highest denomination at the back, coming through to the £5 notes at the front). If I have coins on a surface they get stacked in size order (£2, 50p, 10p, £1, 1p, 20p and 5p on the top...I think, the 1p and 20p might be the other way round)

Things have to be straight on surfaces too, none of these funny angles...

...maybe I do have a slight case of OCD! :)

Are you me?!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    You're all wierd...... :roll:
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I use a bicycle to get to and from work, the pub, etc.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Actually - my major ones are...

Left foot first - be it pants, socks, trousers, shoes - or stairs - it's always left foot first. I've now got friends who on walking up stairs with me, will question which foot I started on. If I can't recollect, I will walk down and start again.

Cheese - I have to cut cheese squarely - i.e. perpendicular to the sides.

"But what about Brie etc?"

Well, smartarse - then I simply cut it perpendicularly to an imaginary line drawn to bisect the tip of the cheese.

My housemates in my final year at uni picked up on this - and promplty desecrated three whole packs of cheddar, cutting angles out left right and centre - one looked like a lightining bolt!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    hisoka wrote:
    And toilet rolls in two ply types have to hve the perforations lined up, if someone has done a single ply around I have to roll more until it lines up again (IE they have taken the top layer of the toilet roll not the top two ply sheet, if that makes sense).

I thought this was just me too, I even sort out public ones in the locked holders which involves splitting the paper and feeding one side back through.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    were do i start

right side of body dressed first, if not i have to start again

tap door three times when leaving house to know ive locked it

all numbers on volumes etc need to be even

i drive ways that i cycle to and from home, then realise im going long way most of time

shave head before going the football match

certain socks on for when villa play, different socks for home, away and games i cant attend

toilet roll against wall unlike most of you weird people

have to wash up before i can sit down to eat

i think i better stop
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Change THIS one then

toilet_roll_edgeofrollfacingwall.jpg

i can already hear you clawing at your screens :lol:
  • Attica wrote:
    My car radio volume has to be on an even number.

I also tend to eat weetabix in twos or fours, so thank you Salsa, all of a sudden I'm not alone in the world.

I have to do this with the heater control ,the digital display type ,always got to be on an even number
    dont know why ,just does.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    morgs2001 wrote:
    I have to do this with the heater control ,the digital display type ,always got to be on an even number

What if you're a member of spinal tap and have to turn the volume up to 11?

I must admit, this even number thingy is a new one on me!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    When eating toast I eat one half from one slice then the opposite half from the other slice, sandwiches I eat one by one.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I hate the sound of people spitting, it makes my skin crawl.
    The radio in my car has to be set on an even number
    I brush my teeth three times a day (yes I carry a tooth paste and a brush to work)
    I clean my parade shoes at least three times a week even if I don't need them for a while.
    I cannot wear a t-shirt or uniform shirt more than once without putting it out for washing
    I own more football boots than I really need
    Jake has a list of habits which annoy me but I keep quite about it because that's just how he is. It still bugs me though.
    I have to be everywhere at least 30 minutes early, I fear being late for anything

The list really is longer.... :(
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Thank god for Brun you lot are NUTS!!!

:shock:

But that toilet roll is just WRONG! wrong I tell you!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    Ok, i've got a serious problem, and it's Prawny's fault!

The new MagicShine light arrived and it's great. I temporarily fitted it on to ride home the other night, with all my other lights still attached. Blimey, it's bright! The pitch black moors road was properly illuminated and the cars dipped their lights when they were mere pinpricks on the horizon! Excellent!

However, I've discovered that my "Weird Thing" is that my bike lights have got to be symmetrical! They are at the back and were at the front but now I can't get the bloody light to fit to the centre of the bars, on the stem clamp bit, so I can have my 2 smart strobe ones either side.

I've got it set to one side, with 1 of the smarts on the other, but it just doesnt feel right and i'm not going to be able to relax properly until i've worked out how to do it.

Damn you Prawny and your links to places to buy it!!! ! :wink:
    us0.png
  • lastant wrote:
    If I accidentally drag a foot or tap it somewhere I do the other one to 'even it up'.

+1 Also, if I step on a join between paving slabs then I have to do the same with the other foot (and with the same place on my foot, e.g. if it's with the heel of the first foot, it has to be the heel of the other).

And, I need to step off a flight of steps/stairs with my right foot. Just doesn't seem right otherwise. This means I've memorised which foot I need to start with on loads of them! The same goes with those collections of manhole covers that come in 2s or 3s - always right foot when stepping off them.

Agree with the majority about the toilet roll thing too.

I'm sure there are other things, but can't think of any just now.
  • This is a great topic, i'm amazed how many people have to have the car radio set on an even number, thought it was just me. Also always clip in my right hand foot first when gettin on a bike. With tea bag tea the milk cannot!! be put in before the water that is so so wrong.

Cheers
    Mike
  • This thread makes me feel incredibly normal!

Is there a name for this aversion to odd numbers? And does it apply to seat numbers? I mean, if you and your other half go to a gig or the theatre, who gets to sit in which seat?
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    You are all nutters

The only one I can think of is that I can't settle to sleep with cupboards or drawers not shut properly. I am quite sure that is entirely normal.

Oh and I usually shut the front door when I leave the house
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    edited November 2009
    symo wrote:
    Also if I walking with woman/women I HAVE to be on the edge next to the road, don't know why but I get freaked out if not.

Similar, but with me it's not just women, walking or the road. Whether I'm walking with people, sitting next to people or riding with people; whatever it is, I always prefer to be on the right hand side. I really hate having anyone to my right. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Oh, and I do the "lining the perforations up" thing, too.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • What if you visited my house - the bog roll is on a vertical holder. Sort that out! G.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • I can't say I'm particularly bothered which way the toilet paper is hung or whether my radio is on an odd or even number. I am however batophobic and occasionally prone to trichotillomania :wink:

PP
    People that make generalisations are all morons.

Target free since 2011.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    garrynolan wrote:
    What if you visited my house - the bog roll is on a vertical holder. Sort that out! G.

In which case, quite clearly, the paper should unwind clockwise.

Honestly, the things some people don't know. :shock: :roll: :wink:
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    edited November 2009
    symo wrote:
    hisoka wrote:
    And toilet rolls in two ply types have to hve the perforations lined up, if someone has done a single ply around I have to roll more until it lines up again (IE they have taken the top layer of the toilet roll not the top two ply sheet, if that makes sense).

I thought this was just me too, I even sort out public ones in the locked holders which involves splitting the paper and feeding one side back through.

Toilet Rolls - a whole world of OCD thank god I'm normal too.

When I'm washing up all the cutlery has to face the same way in the drainer, the plates, bowls and pan lids are arranged in size order and they all have to be put away like this too. My daughter is joining this happy world- she won't eat food if she has an odd knife and fork (we've got a couple of different sets for day to day use now)

My TV or car radio volume has to be multiples of 5 rather than just even numbers.

Smarties Starburst and M&M's sorted by colour

my reflective arm and leg bands have to go on the same way each time, with the loose end facing to the outside.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    symo wrote:
    hisoka wrote:

Toilet Roll's - a whole world of OCD thank god I'm normal too.

When I'm washing up all the cutlery has to face the same way in the drainer, the plates, bowls and pan lids are arranged in size order and they all have to be put away like this too. My daughter is joining this happy world- she won't eat food if she has an odd knife and fork (we've got a couple of different sets for day to day use now)

My TV or car radio volume has to be multiples of 5 rather than just even numbers.

my reflective arm and leg bands have to go on the same way each time, with the loose end facing to the outside.

I'm quite OCD about people putting apostrophe's in plural's.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    My subconscious can be a bit weird. I've had several night-time incidents where, while dreaming, I have got up and removed all pictures, mirrors etc. from my walls, laid them on the ground, then got back into bed. It's quite unsettling the next morning.
  • biondino wrote:
    symo wrote:
    hisoka wrote:

Toilet Roll's - a whole world of OCD thank god I'm normal too.

I'm quite OCD about people putting apostrophe's in plural's.

:lol::lol: oops - edited to save the anguish.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    I get an "urge" to tidy up before doing a turbo session. You know, putting the dishwasher on, emptying the lounge bin, folding the bathroom towels.
    I think it's Guilt, so that when the Mrs get's in she can't say, "So what have you been doing?"
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    biondino wrote:
    My subconscious can be a bit weird. I've had several night-time incidents where, while dreaming, I have got up and removed all pictures, mirrors etc. from my walls, laid them on the ground, then got back into bed. It's quite unsettling the next morning.
    :shock:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Splottboy wrote:
    I get an "urge" to tidy up before doing a turbo session. You know, putting the dishwasher on, emptying the lounge bin, folding the bathroom towels.
    I think it's Guilt, so that when the Mrs get's in she can't say, "So what have you been doing?"

No that is just workout avoidance.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    When in bed I have to wrap the duvet around my feet so that it is under and over my feet. Nobody to share it with :( but means I get a kingsize duvet on a double bed all to myself not that I use all the bed.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.