Have you a no weight gain over xmas contingency plan ?

124»

Comments

• ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Thank you all for that ...a very entertaining thread!
  • Pokerface wrote:

So yes - a more efficient rider will expend less energy to produce 300w. But only marginally so.

And, in general, most non-pro riders will use the same amount of energy to produce that 300w.

A less fit rider, non pro etc. will burn more calories than the pro. The pro has to work even harder ie. do more watts, to burn the same amount of calories due to there body being more efficient ie. fuel / economy. Due to this, they will not use the same amount of energy, to do the same amount of watts. Plus as Alex said, there metabolsm's will be different.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Pokerface wrote:

So yes - a more efficient rider will expend less energy to produce 300w. But only marginally so.

And, in general, most non-pro riders will use the same amount of energy to produce that 300w.

A less fit rider, non pro etc. will burn more calories than the pro. The pro has to work even harder ie. do more watts, to burn the same amount of calories due to there body being more efficient ie. fuel / economy. Due to this, they will not use the same amount of energy, to do the same amount of watts. Plus as Alex said, there metabolsm's will be different.

Thanks for repeating exactly what I just said.
  • tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    I've come up with the perfect contingency plan to avoid christmas weight gain. I've put on all the weight before christmas :D problem solved. :lol:
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Im going away for about 10 days of the holidays to see the wife's family. There will be no cycling done and a shedload of food on offer... punishment begins in january I guess! :)
  • mclarent
    mclarent Posts: 784
    Don't eat or drink too much.

+1
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale