edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
"Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited November 2009
    We've decided on the 18th due to overwhelming majority, all are welcome.

If you would like curry on the night (will be served at about 8:30) please add your name to the list on the last page. Curry is £10 a head, I'll be paying for it before the evening so if your name's on the list you will owe me a tenner.
  • No doubt we'll still have a good turnout on the 11th any way :)

Thanks for organising this...

I have voted this time :oops:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Gone for the 9th. I should be available for that week (the stuff I'll be on a day shift to do starts the week before, and it'll take at least two weeks), not so sure about the following week. 18th would be my second choice.....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I've oted for the 18th, but can presently make other dates if they turn out to be more popular. Cheers, LiT. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    i'm good for pretty much any of those dates but seeing as I love to follow the herd the 18th it is.

Now then where's the free wine...? out of my way!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Bah... i pushed to have our team xmas dinner on the 18th to keep the 11th free. Looks like it's backfired on me :(
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Mrs G66 will be off her feet for the first two weeks of Dec; a fact I had until recently forgotten. Later the better for me.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Hang on a minute the 18th is very close to Christmas, isn't it? And I will have finished work. This is sounding dangerously like a Christmas do......

I'm in ......
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    None suit at all but I guess the 18th is going to be the most popular so I can probably go with that - although it is the day after my birthday!
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    18th would be best for me too, Friday's are the most suitable with travelling a little distance to visit hehe
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Looks like I can make the 18th - didn't fancy the others as School Night + Beer / Train Home = Disaster
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    @LiT

I think that's a clear majority for the 18th now.
    Shall we get that booked before we miss out again?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I can't do 9th or 14th, the others are all good at present

voted for the Friday baaa
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I don't like to be controversial so went for the 18th too. That should hopefully also be my last day at work for two weeks. :)
  • Well, I've just fired off an email to Lisa to say please can we go for the 18th and please can she get back to me as quickly as possible to confirm.

I've got the red arrows end of season party the night before so sense I may have a stonking hangover to look forward to.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    CLANG!!!!!!

was that the sound of a name being dropped :wink:

seriously though, thanks Liv
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • :lol:

It's why I voted for the 16th... always a messy affair.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I guess I could go after my work party, but I'll be wasted when I get there. I apologise in advance to anyone I may insult, fight or feel up.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    NB the above apology means I am hereby allowed to do any or all of those things. To Clever Pun, ideally.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    biondino wrote:
    I guess I could go after my work party, but I'll be wasted when I get there. I apologise in advance to anyone I may insult, fight or feel up.
    Note to self, be careful near Biondino on the night.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    I may have a stonking hangover to look forward to.

Cheveux de la chien?!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • il_principe
    biondino wrote:
    NB the above apology means I am hereby allowed to do any or all of those things. To Clever Pun, ideally.

Oh man I'm looking forward to this now.
  • biondino wrote:

Yeah till you have to pay for your free pints ;)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • il_principe
    biondino wrote:

Dude, at least I've managed to wangle free beer... :wink:
  • Touche!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • biondino wrote:

Dude, at least I've managed to wangle free beer... :wink:

Yeah, really, points to you for that, even if you are effectively pimping yourself out for booze. What are you going to do once the sling's off? Break another limb? Go for a leg...
  • [stage whisper]

I've actually sneakily saved us £2 a head on curry... it was £12 last year... bwahahahahaha... :twisted:

[/stage whisper]
  • il_principe

Yeah, really, points to you for that, even if you are effectively pimping yourself out for booze. What are you going to do once the sling's off? Break another limb? Go for a leg...

I'm starting on you lot, so first MM is going to have a little accident - I'm thinking a broken leg for starters. I'll then claim free beer on his behalf.
  • I went for 16th initially as I have that afternoon booked off and the following day.
    I am working on the 18th but if memory serves me correctly I will be up in London (the joy of being able to delegate where you and your team works!) so can also make that.
    Unlike IP this will be 1 day before my b-day so I can use it as a mini party so and I can then make a huge fuss of my second eldest on the following day for her birthday :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5

• Yeah, really, points to you for that, even if you are effectively pimping yourself out for booze. What are you going to do once the sling's off? Break another limb? Go for a leg...

I'm starting on you lot, so first MM is going to have a little accident - I'm thinking a broken leg for starters. I'll then claim free beer on his behalf.

IP: 'I'll carry it out to him'
    Barmaid: 'Awwww you're so kind' *melts*
    IP: *drinks beer*

IP, you're diabolical. :P