No longer a trail centre virgin..

13»

Comments

• Hey all - there's a great bit at Innerleithen on the XC route, you ride up through the woods and then come to a clearing, and there are some really steep banks to go down, and a ladder drop. Does anyone know the bit I mean? Do you know what it's called? I'm trying to find a video of it on Youtube.

El
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    rhyko7 wrote:
    when you guys yeehaamcgee and Northwind say you have dropped in on a half pipe, are you talking about a 12 foot vert ramp or a 4-7 foot mini ramp? i take it you guys ride BMX or hardtails in skateparks too?

the 12 foot vert ramp is very very scary and mind boggling when you do it for the 1st time- i remember thinking about doing it for ages then crapping myself and just went for it.

:roll:
    I mean a big-ass one. I don't know what size they are, but it was definitely not a mini ramp. pretty freaking huge, in fact.
    I've not done it on a mountain bike, but I've done it on a bmx years ago, and on rollerblades. Rollerblades are bloody scary!
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Hey all - there's a great bit at Innerleithen on the XC route, you ride up through the woods and then come to a clearing, and there are some really steep banks to go down, and a ladder drop. Does anyone know the bit I mean? Do you know what it's called? I'm trying to find a video of it on Youtube.

El

the quarry step up bit????

if so...those are not steep chutes. there is one quite steep chute if youbear right before going down the inramp for the step up....down the steep shaley bit to the fireroad as soon as you exit the woods.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • cee wrote:
    Hey all - there's a great bit at Innerleithen on the XC route, you ride up through the woods and then come to a clearing, and there are some really steep banks to go down, and a ladder drop. Does anyone know the bit I mean? Do you know what it's called? I'm trying to find a video of it on Youtube.

El

if so...those are not steep chutes. there is one quite steep chute if youbear right before going down the inramp for the step up....down the steep shaley bit to the fireroad as soon as you exit the woods.

Yeah maybe we're talking about the same bit, you come up through the woods and there's an "official" line straight ahead and two really steep bits that look like they have been made by bikers, to the right.
  • cee
    cee wrote:

El

Yeah maybe we're talking about the same bit, you come up through the woods and there's an "official" line straight ahead and two really steep bits that look like they have been made by bikers, to the right.

this bit...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvzMDqmtxMQ in this video..the guy goes down the main line, but the steep chute you can see to the left of him as he exits the wood...yes thats the steep bit...thers another two chuttes after the step up that are short and not that steep too
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    cee wrote:
    cee wrote:

El

this bit...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvzMDqmtxMQ in this video..the guy goes down the main line, but the steep chute you can see to the left of him as he exits the wood...yes thats the steep bit...thers another two chuttes after the step up that are short and not that steep too

LMAO at that guys crash-some people shouldnt be allowed on bikes, what was he thinking, he has zero bike skill or control, he def has balls tho, but maybe theyre a bit mangled now :lol:
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    That crash is beautiful :) The step/double does seem to catch people out, you can't see it til you're on top of it and you can be carrying a lot of speed from the bombhole so I wouldn't be too harsh on the guy.

Not sure how big the ramp I used to BMX on- not very big, probably 8 foot or so, it seemed huge because I was 4 foot tall :lol: I had a couple of goes on a big mobile one, which was probably about 12 foot but it had a really gentle bowl so it didn't feel like such a big drop in. All on a bmx and all when I was young and therefore indestructible :)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cee
    Northwind wrote:
    That crash is beautiful :) The step/double does seem to catch people out, you can't see it til you're on top of it and you can be carrying a lot of speed from the bombhole so I wouldn't be too harsh on the guy.

Not sure how big the ramp I used to BMX on- not very big, probably 8 foot or so, it seemed huge because I was 4 foot tall :lol: I had a couple of goes on a big mobile one, which was probably about 12 foot but it had a really gentle bowl so it didn't feel like such a big drop in. All on a bmx and all when I was young and therefore indestructible :)

how big is the bowl at the skate park in livi?? I have dropped into that on a board (when I was much younger), but like you say...i was 4footnothing then and it was as big as buildings!

H.G. Wells.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Haven't a clue, never been- it was built after I sold my BMX I think :cry:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    i think with obstacles like mcmoab, confidence and positioning are the deciding factors
    used to skate when younger and dropping into a half pipe/ mini ramp is definatly about bottle, only skill required was to keep your knees bent when leaving the vert for the flat, oh and making sure your front wheels went straight onto the ramp rather than manual half way down and have the board fly from under your feet and then landing on your arse!
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se