Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just taking my kids on the school run. My sons are not at school due to them having a Baker day. My daughter, however is going to school. She's 6.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I went to Blackpool illuminations with the kids this year; I missed it last year due to work commitments & the kids having colds.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I used to slag George Lamb off but now he's moving to weekends on 6Music I'm very scared as to who they'll get to replace him weekdays 10am - 1pm. It's going to be some complete @rsewhistle, isn't it?
  • The occasional cider can make a pleasant change from beer.
  • I have sausage sandwiches for lunch today...
  • CHRISNOIR wrote:
    I used to slag George Lamb off but now he's moving to weekends on 6Music I'm very scared as to who they'll get to replace him weekdays 10am - 1pm. It's going to be some complete @rsewhistle, isn't it?

know what you mean. Bring in Suggs - he did a decent turn on Virgin a few years back.

please not Iyare - dreck.

Cerys cloned to do 2 slots or Liz Kershaw for their musical ear or Lauren Laverne as a bright bouncy one.
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    this must be what it is like to spend the day on Twitter :roll: :roll:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

know what you mean. Bring in Suggs - he did a decent turn on Virgin a few years back.

Cerys cloned to do 2 slots or Liz Kershaw for their musical ear or Lauren Laverne as a bright bouncy one.

Good call - she'd be great.
  • Anonymous
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

Good call - she'd be great.

Dunno, think Gideon Coe could be stretched more, or Mark Riley. Mind you Mark Riley seems to sound more like the lovely John Peel every day.
  • Anonymous
    Just posted a post about margarine and edible fats.
  • CHRISNOIR
    Bloody pitch black out there already.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Coffee should be made with very hot water - not boiling. This is clarified on most coffee jars. Now tea, that's a different matter!
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    Going home in a minute or two
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    I'm working till 10 :(
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    I'm watching a documentary about Joe Simpson and The Eigar
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    ..the moon seems bigger and more yellow when its low in the sky...
  • I'm not sure I like the new style of muesli I'm eating, but it is filling.
    I should get out more (on the bike)
  • During my three years there as an undergrad, Sheffield University's chemistry department seemed to have an all-pervading smell of floor polish and ethyl acetate. :?

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Why is it that if you have a glas of water after eating an orange it always tastes horrible?
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • During my three years there as an undergrad, Sheffield University's chemistry department seemed to have an all-pervading smell of floor polish and ethyl acetate. :?

David

Apparently after you left so did the smell :wink:
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?

David

Apparently after you left so did the smell :wink:

<Reeves & Mortimer>

I heard that rumour....

....I know, I started it

</Reeves & Mortimer>

:wink:

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    It wasn't a puncture, just needed a little more air.
  • Im off to the Toilet for a sit down and a good think.
    #

See now I always have a good read on the bog. At least one chapter per outing
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Im off to the Toilet for a sit down and a good think.
    #

I'm more of a splash and dash man myself. Life's too short to spend it sat on the kazi.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Im off to the Toilet for a sit down and a good think.
    #

ha! I do exactly the same - although books with long chapters can cause bathroom issues. 8)
  • Porgy
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

I understand Jarvis cocker's getting a show on 6music - he couldn't possibly be getting the late morning slot - good things like that never happen.
  • Anonymous
    I'm having chicken for tea.
  • Porgy
    i'm not having chicken for tea.
    #

Im at work, I cant take the mick too much