Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• Not as bad as TB, though, that can really spoil your day. Ask the Brontes.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I read Jayne Eyre once for school - it was alright to be honest. Jane Austen is sh*t though.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    Rothwells chipshop near Doncaster Market has just had a new signage put up. Green it is, looks alright as these things go.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I'd give her a go, but I'd need a couple of pints first. Either that or she'd have to ask really nicely. Her sister on the other hand would be a freebie.
  • passout wrote:
    Jane Austen is sh*t though.

She was clever, though, in that she wrote the same book six times and nobody seemed to notice.

I've got nothing done this morning, and things aren't looking up for the afternoon either.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ive delegated at work quite well today, going to lunch in a bit.
  • passout
    I get a bit grumpy if i don't have at least 7 seven hours sleep & lethargic if I have 9 hours. 7.5 - 8 hours is a nice balance.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    this "strong" brown wrapping paper is pathetically weak, as are the "heavy duty" bin bags I bought this morning.
  • Anonymous
    Cheap bin bags are a false ecomomy.
  • Anonymous
    I rode to work this morning, it was a bit nippy and a bit blowy. Strong headwind.
  • passout
    Gavin & Stacy isn't as funny as it used to be; I watched in last night and was bored for large sections of it.
  • passout
    I watched it anyway.....
  • passout
    ....I slept very soundly last night for exactly 8 hours.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Today an old couple left a carrier bag on the rattler. Inside, there were two unstamped Christmas cards, addressed to Holland. I've just posted them. There was also two Kit kats, I've just eaten them. :D
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • passout
    The weekend is almost over.....
  • I went on a bus this morning for the first time in ages; it can't be easy driving a bus around those tight and twisty Dales roads.

Edit: You know the ones, them with dry stone walls on both sides.

Edit 2: Other drivers' inability to reverse 20 yards to a passing place doesn't help either. Who'd be a bus driver eh?

Edit 3: Though having said that, the driver of another bus at the station got an award for being 'Driver of the Year', so he was happy enough.
  • Anonymous
    I nearly got nicked for trying to cycle over the Dartford bridge the other night. I was a bit miffed.
  • I got lost in Dartford once. Once was enough, I decided not to go back.
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    It's Monday again.

Sigh.

-Spider-
  • fishyweb
    fishyweb Posts: 173
    Popped out for a stroll into town at lunchtime. Forgot my brolly and got wet. Well, more moist than wet as I wasn't out for too long.
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/287459
    Member of http://www.UKnetrunner.co.UK - the greatest online affiliated running club
  • -spider-
    Not raining here.

Yet.

-Spider-
  • Anonymous
    Its raining here now.
  • passout
    I wander if it's raining in Dartford.....where is Dartford anyway and is it raining there?
  • passout wrote:
    I wander if it's raining in Dartford.....where is Dartford anyway and is it raining there?

Dartford is named after a river but they couldn't spell Darenth. Or Darent. Or something like that.
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    Perplexing puzzle "The Rubiks Cube" is not a present for a blind person.
  • fishyweb
    fishyweb Posts: 173
    Nor is a PS3
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/287459
    Member of http://www.UKnetrunner.co.UK - the greatest online affiliated running club
  • -spider-
    I've never rearranged a PS3

-Spider-
  • I like to use my electric toothbrush to clean the taps in the bathroom and also to clean in the crevices around my toenails
    Obviously throwing away the head afterwards
  • -spider-
    Mild out.

-Spider-
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Ears still ringing after going to a a gig last night. Never used to happen when I was younger.