Mr Ed...

Of course.

Dont you mean Of course Of course...
    jc
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    volvine wrote:
    some mothers do ave em

Tough call, that one - for full audience appeal you really need someone who can deliver a quality performance as a comic actor but also pull off Michael Crawford's trick of doing all their own (often pretty dangerous) stunts.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • DavidBelcher
    They ought to do a re-make of 'til death us do part with the Alf Garnett character being played by Nick Griffin. :wink:

I think "the prisoner" was great, and an updated version of that could well be made.

I'm not a number I am a free man.

Already on the cards (see a previous post by me), and transmission in the US starts in a couple of weeks;

http://www.amctv.com/originals/the-prisoner/

Apparently it comes to ITV some time next year. Bit sceptical myself, as a huge fan of the original - hard to imagine anywhere other than Portmeirion being used for Village location [1] filming!

David

[1] Although admittedly all of the studio stuff plus some outdoor scenes were done elsewhere (e.g. Beachy Head, MGM Borehamwood, etc.).
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    volvine wrote:
    some mothers do ave em

Tough call, that one - for full audience appeal you really need someone who can deliver a quality performance as a comic actor but also pull off Michael Crawford's trick of doing all their own (often pretty dangerous) stunts.

David

Its too old now, i think. My kids like watching it, as it is really slapstick and daft.

My favourite comedy which should be on everyones list is Curb your enthusiasm. Ricky gervais, take note............ :wink:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,998
    followed by
    The sullivans - WW2 aussie stuff. I used to love it for some reason.

That was a strange programme - the war lasted longer in the programme than it did in reality!
  • DavidBelcher
    volvine wrote:
    Saturday swap shop

If Swap Shop is ever brought back, can we insist that this is on the condition that it's a Cheggers-free zone [1]?

David

[1] Much like your average branch of Oddbins these days.
  • DavidBelcher
    Pross wrote:
    followed by
    The sullivans - WW2 aussie stuff. I used to love it for some reason.

That was a strange programme - the war lasted longer in the programme than it did in reality!

Likewise 'Allo 'Allo, which seemed to go on for ever, and a darn sight longer than WW2. Sunday teatime nostalgia-fest Heartbeat also seems to suffer from the same complaint and as far as I know is still set in the 60s....

David
  • the ferry
    the ferry Posts: 258
    All in the game - remember it? football teams usually Bristol City as i recall kicking balls about over obstacles it was great!!
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    They ought to do a re-make of 'til death us do part with the Alf Garnett character being played by Nick Griffin. :wink:

Problem with that was Alf Garnett - though obnoxious - was sometimes able to win the audience's sympathy - that could never happen with evil incarnate Griffin - if he wasn't killed off in the first episode noone would watch again.
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I'm getting into this late, but two of the very best shows got cancelled before they were meant to and left big stories unfinished.

My Name is Earl and Deadwood.
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    Johnnny Speight who wrote Till death stated the idea was to ensure Alf never got the upperhand and was always made to look ridiculous..This way it was harmless..Anyone agree..?
    jc
  • skullthaw
    skullthaw Posts: 321
    origional life on mars not the new sh1t ripoff
    2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
    METAL!!!!!
  • The avengers (Emma Peel) Style :- Skin tight catsuits

The new avengers (Purdey) Style :- Stockings & suspenders.

Good lord no wonder "girls in lycra is my fave thread. :wink::lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    That Popular Science one in the late 1990's (around Top of the Pops time on a Friday night, strangely) - great programme. Think it was on BBC1 before or after TOTP.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cheggers Plays Pop.
  • Mettan wrote:
    That Popular Science one in the late 1990's (around Top of the Pops time on a Friday night, strangely) - great programme. Think it was on BBC1 before or after TOTP.

Tommorows world (I think is the programme you mean)
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Quite liked "This Life" when it was on - don't think it'd be quite the same now (10 years on), but at that particular time (mid-late 90's) it was good.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Button Moon. :)

Although why, if you had a spaceship, you would fly to a featureless satellite is beyond me. Silly old Mr Spoon.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    bagpuss
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    The Clangers.
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    UK Wrestling as we wait for the Footie results..Not a James Bond film again again and again...
    jc
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Mettan wrote:
    Quite liked "This Life" when it was on - don't think it'd be quite the same now (10 years on), but at that particular time (mid-late 90's) it was good.

you didn't watch the one off "10 years on" episode?

I watched knowing it would probably disappoint, and it lived down to my expectations.

definitely a zeitgeisty programme, not to be brought back.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Buck Rogers of 21st century
    Cities of Gold
    Worzel Gummige
    Kick Start
    Saint and Greavesy
    Hitman and Her

Desmonds
    The wonder years
    Monkey magic
    Pipkins
    Orbrie
    Heart beat with morph
    ITS A KNOCKOUT
    Crackerjack NO!!!!
    Dungeons and Dragons

genius - saturday morning and late saturday night sorted with these 2.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited October 2009
    Crapston Villas.

Brilliant satire. Only two series got made; a third was planned but the incoming head of Channel 4 cancelled it for his coup purchase of the rather less controversial animation South Park.
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    Green Wing