Marin IFT custom build WIP - Finished!! 26-11-09

13»

Comments

• adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    Looking really good :D 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    so is the frame going to get ridden now?
  • Lee30
    Lee30 Posts: 118
    Looks nice.

Whats the finbal weigh in then?

And you seatpost clamp in the wrong way around ;)
  • jay12 - the front rotor is 7inch - quite large for an XC bike, but i'm a fairly heavy for an XC rider!

Lee30
    Noit sure on weight yet, need to make some kind of hanger so I can hang it from the scales safely. feels pretty light though!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • so is the frame going to get ridden now?

Of course it got ridden - I can't help it if I had too many bikes - that was my Sunday best as is my new whip :wink:

.... and I'm pretty sure Mac is happy that it was......
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    edited January 2010
    Went for the first long ride on it today, at first it felt pretty harsh on the old backside being on a hardtail off road again after 5 years of full suss, but after a while I got used to it and really started to like the lack of bob and direct power transfer. This thing literally flys up hills! Was really starting to enjoy it until about 20mins into the ride when I got a bloomin' puncture :(
    Luckily a local sheep was there to help out :?

IMG_4873.jpg

Got it all fixed and pushed on through the rain and cold winds, the bike is very quick and easy to put the power down on, so I was enjoying it despite the miserable conditions, which is always a good sign

This ones taken from the top of Chanctonbury Ring on the South Downs:
    IMG_4879.jpg

Pushing back down the hills, it was also susprising good, unsuprising very different to the Wolfridge and not as confidence inspiring, but definitely more than capable enough for most of the downhills on the trails I use normally. Glad i decided to keep the front end quite high though!

All in all i'm pretty chuffed, and will hopefully be putting many miles on this bike, definitely worth all the effort and i feel I've earned a man point for building it all without the LBS!

Oh, and i'm not afraid to get it dirty! Me at the end of a damn good ride:
    IMG_4883.jpg

Thanks everyone for the good comments, glad you like it.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    i ride dh. i am looking at building up a hard tail for training. i rode my dads xc bike and it so strange i have to admint ho solid the feel with no bounce and yeah i do miss the going up hills part. (sort of)
  • Great stuff Macx - glad you like the ride, told you she was agile ;)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    very cool looking bike, glad its just as much fun to ride
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    really nice looking bike, not one i'd normally look at but if i decide to get a hardtail i'd definitly consider one, good job 8)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport