Your favourite toy as a kid

13»

Comments

• PMSL

I daren't search for the JCB now- in my head it was a true replica :lol::lol:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • I had this bad boy

8854-1.1121899918.thumb2.jpg

I think that was my posh-est piece of techincs..
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    hey ihad loads of lego tecnic given to me when i was about 6. its up in the loft now though.. i had this giant lego technic retro car thing i will try to find a pic. be bac in a min.
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    okay coudnt find the truck but i could find the digger i used to have:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Dlari ... 5/8455.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pah, that's just CGI. Now when I were a lad, we had REAL leggo :lol:
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    it was incomprehensable instructions drawn on a peice of paper :D most of building it was guessing

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Mr Frosty and my Thundercats Sword which lit up in the dark - when summoning the rest of the Cats of course.
    Anyone else ride a Schwinn?...
  • .....my favourite fuckin toy was my fuckin fire truck, bitch, i used to play with that motherfucker all day long, until i discovered sex, then id play with my motherfucker all day long.......

before anyone complains check this first, my favourite video ever i think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmG4X9PGOXs
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Lol, no complaining, but will update the swear filter!

First thing with lego kits, when I were a lad, was to throw the instructions away and just build whatever the hell I liked. Used to have loads of space lego, and build obscenely long spaceships out of all the flat 24x8 pieces. Piloted by the pirates out of my brothers kit, and onboard cannons.

I did have an original Tin Can Alley too, great back then!
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Action Man, with the Mercury space craft. Also, the original silver Aston Martin from the James Bond movies, I had 2, along with the Batmobile.

I used to stare into the local toy shop, salivating about all the Action Man toys etc.
    Years later my parents bought it, but I was 18, so too old for all this great stuff!!!
  • colt
    colt Posts: 173
    You can keep all your computers, there's no beating an Evel Knievel stunt bike and spending hours building ramps to see how many mates you could clear, along with the longest wheelie etc etc ,
    Closely followed by Race and Chase, always made my brother be the cop car I'm sure it's still in my dads loft, might have to go and have a look tomorrow!

ekcycle.jpg
    Trek Fuel EX8 Rootbeer, mmm beer!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I remember other kids had BigTrak. Too expensive so I just had loads of Star Wars stuff and Lego. Never got a Falcon though or AT-AT which I always wanted.

Evil Knievel, yep remember that.

ZX81 and a BBC Micro but I was too nerdy to consider them toys. They were serious computers! Unlike yer kiddy consoles these days :D. Ah the fun of typing in a game from a magazine listing that would take you hours, only for the computer to crash before you could run it!

Technically they were the family computers though, even if I hogged them all the time :D.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I had a huge basket of random pieces of lego - which got added to occasionally so ended up using my imagination to make all sorts of vehicles, planes and spaceships to play with.

Also had a good collection of toy cars which I loved, and a troop of little metal soldier figures.

Later I became more interested in Mechano - with a motor bit I could make self propelling cars and cranes and any other piece of machinery my imagination could come up with - parts allowing.