Your favourite toy as a kid

Comments

• Hercule Q wrote:
    me and the old man made a go kart out of wood and a pram, the wheel came off at about 20 and he nearly went in the pond in the park :lol:

In Scotland that's called a 'bogey'.
    I must have built loads as a kid and finding an old pram as a 10 year old was like striking oil!
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    Hercule Q wrote:
    me and the old man made a go kart out of wood and a pram, the wheel came off at about 20 and he nearly went in the pond in the park :lol:

In Scotland that's called a 'bogey'.
    I must have built loads as a kid and finding an old pram as a 10 year old was like striking oil!

then off to the steepest hill in all the land only to realise there is a f*** off corner at the bottom :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Yip, been there done that, got the scars to prove it! :twisted:
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    yep cuts and grazes and riding down the golf course on a fully rigid emmille with rubbish cantis i wish i was still as brave as i was back then

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    edited September 2009
    Hercule Q wrote:
    then off to the steepest hill in all the land only to realise there is a f*** off corner at the bottom :lol:

That's the only way to test one of these :lol:

I had one made out of a big plastic fish crate and 2 pram wheels, steered with the front end off a wee toy scooter. Discovered halfway down the kirkgate (which for edinburgh folks is the huge ****-off steep hill that leads from up near Harlaw reservoir down to the water of leith at Currie, good for about 40mph on a mountain bike) that I couldn't get my feet over the sides of the crate to "brake". Luckily after a wheel snapped off in the first crash, the fish crate slid along the ground and slowed me down, though it melted onto my arse a bit in the process. Injuries from ridiculous bogey crash? Trivial. Injuries from my mum discovering I'd melted orange plastic onto my trousers? Significant.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Weebles and Mr Potato head :lol:
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?
  • I remember doing massive rolling stoppies on my ancient Raleigh when I was about 10 by peddaling down the street as fast as I could and holding the brakes on as hard as possible! No pads, no helmet and looking back at how crappy the tyres were, I'm lucky I didn't end up a red smear on the road!

It's amazing how little regard you have for your safety when you're a young 'un!

p.s. I remember chucky egg, and I'm only 26!
  • Tel39
    Tel39 Posts: 243
    TCR ............ Those who had it will know :wink:
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • Eagle eyes Action Man
  • Tel39 wrote:

Total Control Racing.
    Mega.
    I had one with three cars, two that you controlled and a third that ran in the opposite direction and you were supposed to avoid it, but where's the fun in that?! :twisted:
  • Simple simon :D
    PRODPIC-90.jpg
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    lovewales wrote:
    Simple simon :D
    PRODPIC-90.jpg

i still have mine and he still works, my dad gets it out every xmas :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Lego all the way. I had the orginal Technics car chassis. in fact i've still got, 20 odd years later. Lego is surely one the best toys ever created. Still enjoying building stuff with my kids

Alos like Star Wars figures and Britains Farm stuff

When I was a bit older I was into the radio controlled scene and had a string of Tamiya vehicles 8)
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    K'NEX > lego
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Oooh what was my fave?

Lego?
    My Thundertank?
    I'm not sure

probably lego
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Best games on the old C64s were the Dizzy the Egg games. Just awesome!
    Nah, Dizzy games were just copied from the spectrum. Best C64 games of all time were the Creatures series, and Mayhem in monsterland.
  • Anonymous
    Tel39 wrote:
    Hell yeah! Who wants slot-car racing when you can choose lanes 8)
  • just played with myself :lol:
  • ...Mine was BigTrak...

I had a BigTrak too! Think I was about 5 or 6 at the time.

I loved that toy so much.

I leant it to Benjamin Ecclestone and when he gave it back one of the arms that retains the wheel assemblies was cracked.

I've never trusted anyone since.

Ben - if you're out there - know this: I'll get you Ben, I'll get you.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • I had a ferrari f1 pedal car and a peddle tractor. I used to race them with me mates down hill outside my house. Only managed to knock 2 rose bushes over!! mind you there was only 2 :lol:
    In the words of the GLC - Suicide is messy but it's money for free!!!
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    can relate to a lot of the "old heads" in here.

I had Lego and had all the star wars gear also, Broke my heart when my mum sold all my star wars stuff cheap years ago.

Had a zx spectrum also, used to enjoy paperboy on it (god i am showing my age lol)
  • Tel39 wrote:
    we wrent that rich we had a race and chase :lol:
    if i had my time again would i take the time to make the right choices

naa thats no fun
  • xSTRATHYx wrote:

Had a zx spectrum also, used to enjoy paperboy on it (god i am showing my age lol)
    i have paper for the xbox 360 forgot how hard it was :oops:
    if i had my time again would i take the time to make the right choices

naa thats no fun
  • Transformers and Technics lego (always wanted the Test Car) spring to mind.
    you mean the original red one, or this one?
    DSCF2202.jpg

I've still got it ona shelf to this day :lol:

Nope, the red one. My mate had it and I was proper jealous. The JCB was cool too 8)
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Anonymous
    Ah, the JCB? I had the pneumatic one, it was wicked!
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Transformers and Technics lego (always wanted the Test Car) spring to mind.
    you mean the original red one, or this one?
    DSCF2202.jpg

I've still got it ona shelf to this day :lol:

Nope, the red one. My mate had it and I was proper jealous. The JCB was cool too 8)

The red one is the one i've still got. Might build it!
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Subbuteo.. Had the full stadium. astro turf, floodlights, etc.etc.etc. All pinned to a massive wooden board. The smoothest playing surface around....

We had a mini league with mates at school. Some of their efforts were attrocious.. I'm talking shagpile carpet with the pitch laid across it.. talk about Sunday league standard!!!
  • 8865_koyan.jpg

Hmm it looked better when I was 11! :lol:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The pop-up headlights were a bit of a travesty really... Oh look, the headlights pop down to preserve its clean sportscar lines and flow perfectly with... the... bodywork. Ah well.
    Uncompromising extremist