PTP - World Championships (all races)

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Men’s RR: Edvald Boasson Hagen (is he elites or U23?)

Elite. U23s can't enter the U23 race if they're on a Pro Tour team.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Womans TT : Armstrong
    Mens TT : Cancellera
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Women's TT: Kristin Armstrong
    Men's TT: Fabian Cancellara
  • Womens TT: Emma Pooley
    Mens TT: Cancellara

Mens RR: Damiano Cunego
    Womens RR: Vos
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    Womens TT: Karen Thürig
    Mens TT: Fabian Cancellara
  • Womens TT: Pooley
    Mens TT: Cancellara
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    TTs:
    Girls: Amber Neben
    Boys: Fabian Cancellara

afx237vi wrote:
    That's the time trials and the road races, men's and women's. It wasn't my idea.
    I quite like the women's races in there; makes a change from picking Greipel for the zillionth time
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Can I change the women's pick, and add the men's TT pick:

Womens: Christiane Soeder
    Mens: Fabian Cancellara
  • Men's TT : Spartacus
    Women's TT: Pooley
  • Women's TT: Amber Neben
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Timoid picks

Women's TT: Amber Neben
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Damn, didn't realise Karin Thürig is a local girl. Could be a good bet.
  • afx237vi
    FJS wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    That's the time trials and the road races, men's and women's. It wasn't my idea.
    I quite like the women's races in there; makes a change from picking Greipel for the zillionth time

Fair point.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... 1txc61qUUw
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    Damn, didn't realise Karin Thürig is a local girl. Could be a good bet.
    I had the same thought and went for her. Wish I'd played safe now and picked Armstrong, as I'd originally thought to do!
  • Go away for a few days and you miss out on the PTP action :oops:

Men's TT: Cancellara
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,871
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • paul27
    paul27 Posts: 515
    MTT Cancellara
    WRR Cooke
    MRR Cunego

Thanx
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I'm going out on a limb here! Sometimes it pays off: :D:D

Mens TT Brad Wiggins

Womens RR Emma Johanssen
    Mens RR Simon Gerrans

Cheers afx.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • There ought to be a bonus system in play here, whereby if you pick a rider that no-one else has bothered with, and that rider actually wins, you get some extra points. Encourages a bit of risk-taking instead of so many Cunegos, Cancellaras, etc.
  • afx237vi
    There ought to be a bonus system in play here, whereby if you pick a rider that no-one else has bothered with, and that rider actually wins, you get some extra points. Encourages a bit of risk-taking instead of so many Cunegos, Cancellaras, etc.

The trouble with that is that the people who post early would be at a disadvantage to those who post later.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    There ought to be a bonus system in play here, whereby if you pick a rider that no-one else has bothered with, and that rider actually wins, you get some extra points. Encourages a bit of risk-taking instead of so many Cunegos, Cancellaras, etc.

The trouble with that is that the people who post early would be at a disadvantage to those who post later.

Like me, the first person to pick Armstrong for the womesn TT :wink:
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Mens TT - F Cancellara
  • afx237vi
    Women's RR: Marianne Vos

The women's RR starts stupidly early on Saturday morning, so make sure you get your picks in on time.

The Eurosport coverage starts at 07:45 British time... so say 08:00 is the deadline.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... 1txc61qUUw
  • afx237vi wrote:

I was going to suggest that maybe one rider could be excluded from selection for each stage in advance but then it makes it difficult when people post selections for, say, 10 days ahead. I like the idea though, especially when the same people win most sprints, TTs.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Women's RR: Marianne Vos
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Womens RR: Vos
  • Women's RR: Jeannie Longo
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Womens RR - Vos
    Mens RR - Damian O'Cunego

Ta
    G