Am I a pansy?

13»

Comments

• Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    maxgtfc wrote:
    After getting every excited about buying lights for the bike I finally got round to using them last night. Went to my local woods which I know backwards, they aren't that big, and set off on the bike. The P7 torch that I'd bought was awesome, but I still felt that there was probably an axe murderer lurking behind every tree. I was really scared, despite bringing the dog along for company. Then to cap it all off I swear to God that I saw a white face somewhere out in the woods. That was it, I was back off to the carpark as fast as I could pedal. Totally knackered when I got back, but had to have a smoke straight away to calm my nerves, before locking myself in the car.

Just wondering if anyone else manages to scare themselves whilst they are out night riding, or as the title of this post says, am I just a pansy?

Max

I am a bit late to the party, but that is the best phooking thread I have ever read !
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    You obviously missed my complex numbers thread, then.. :D
  • woo I night ride all the time, always have, partly because I live on my bike :D suppose it depends what mood your in. I stop for a drink on nightrides in pitch black woods and dont think anything of it. Just remember the sun has traveled to the other side of planet earth thus there is no light, its not so vlad the impaler can get you :D
  • Yep, it's official: sign me up as a big, perfumed, card-carrying pansy. Just rode home through the woods, forgot to charge my batteries and front light began to fade. Had to negotiate the trails with a 10ft pool of rapidly weakening yellow light.

At one point a rabbit hopped across in front of me and I just about leapt out of my SPDs :oops:
  • maxgtfc wrote:
    After getting every excited about buying lights for the bike I finally got round to using them last night. Went to my local woods which I know backwards, they aren't that big, and set off on the bike. The P7 torch that I'd bought was awesome, but I still felt that there was probably an axe murderer lurking behind every tree. I was really scared, despite bringing the dog along for company. Then to cap it all off I swear to God that I saw a white face somewhere out in the woods. That was it, I was back off to the carpark as fast as I could pedal. Totally knackered when I got back, but had to have a smoke straight away to calm my nerves, before locking myself in the car.

Just wondering if anyone else manages to scare themselves whilst they are out night riding, or as the title of this post says, am I just a pansy?

Max

You're scared?

Your poor dog's been locked out the car!

:lol::lol::lol:
    Gerrin! Love owt like that, me.

Malty goodness
  • colt
    colt Posts: 173
    Anybody fancy a night ride round Cannock chase? :shock:
    http://www.sundaymercury.net/news/midla ... -24202601/
    Trek Fuel EX8 Rootbeer, mmm beer!
  • I go into the woods on my own at night, and it's a great laugh. I reckon I definitely pedal faster at night in the woods than I do in the daytime though. I even stop halfway through the ride sometimes and have a cereal bar, which can get the ol' imagination working overtime (especially for an avid horror film fan like myself).

My usual route finishes with a mile-long climb up quite a steep trail, out of one set of woods, before I get to the main road and then finally into another set woods on my way home. This long climb can sometimes be a bit spooky. I've even had a couple of owls follow me most of the way up this part of the ride, which was great company.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • *Im not scared of the monsters, but was scared of the invisible tree stump that jammed in my Big ring (ooh-eer) and sent me into orbit without warning :)

my problem is having the ballls to do some of the more techy stuff that I can only do in sunlight....