My CustomCannondale Scalpel Team 09 is Green'er*DONE*

124»

Comments

• Scalpel_79
    Scalpel_79 Posts: 147
    have you ever put those SLR's on a scale? Curious about the rear one- if they even differ from SL's
  • Xgreygoose
    Xgreygoose Posts: 371
    Scalpel_79 wrote:
    have you ever put those SLR's on a scale? Curious about the rear one- if they even differ from SL's

Yes but I can't remember the exact weight. They were abit heavy but lighter than the SL's
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    How are you getting on with the Eclipse Ultralight Innertubes? Did you notice any really difference in the rolling resistance?
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    chick0 wrote:
    How are you getting on with the Eclipse Ultralight Innertubes? Did you notice any really difference in the rolling resistance?

And, where the fandango can you obtain some from? Google isn't being very forthcoming with a supplier.
  • Xgreygoose
    chick0 wrote:

Very well, awesome tubes. Very low resistance but it feels a little bounce. Need to lower my PSI. Very happy with the tubes. I have done over 350km on the Scalpel and the Flash and (touch wood) :wink: no punctures. I've had them between 33-50psi and no problems so far. :D I do like these as I'm not a big tubeless fan.(Nothing wrong if you like tubeless). Afew too many horror story's and to messy for me if you like to swap tires all the time. But these tubes are not F'ing cheap, around 55euro's each!!! :shock:

chick0 wrote:

And, where the fandango can you obtain some from? Google isn't being very forthcoming with a supplier.

Just a teaser :lol:
    Eclipse-in-da-house.jpg

El Capitano, I bought two dozen of these tubes and they all went under a week. I got them from a guy in Germany and he is waiting for more to come. Eclipse are finding it hard to keep up with the demand, I guess its because there all hand made in Switzerland. You could try flea Bay or maybe Posh bike (UK) , fairwheelbikes or any exotic bike web shops. If i get word I'll PM you 8)
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    If i get word I'll PM you 8)

Cheers. I'll start saving...
  • tri-sexual
    tri-sexual Posts: 672
    55 euros x 24 :shock:
    you really are the coolest bloke in the world 8)
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    tri-sexual wrote:
    Richest bloke lol

Fair play though, if I had more money I'd build a sexy bike! I'd be well pi$$ed off if I got a puncture in one of those though!
  • Xgreygoose
    Paul 8v wrote:
    tri-sexual wrote:
    Richest bloke lol

Fair play though, if I had more money I'd build a sexy bike! I'd be well pi$$ed off if I got a puncture in one of those though!

Thats why you need these :) . Can't use regular patches

patches.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • tri-sexual
    how much are the patches?????
    go on tell us and make us all feel really inadequate :lol:
  • tri-sexual
    ps. whats the news on the custom pedals? would love to see them preferably on a set of scales.
  • Xgreygoose
    tri-sexual wrote:
    how much are the patches????? :lol:
    Only 7 euro's which is pretty good :)
    tri-sexual wrote:
    ps. whats the news on the custom pedals? would love to see them preferably on a set of scales.

Haven't had the time to do them yet? Waiting for the bushes and bearings to wear out first. Then I will get a rebuild kit to do my eggbeaters right. 8)
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • BigAirNig
    BigAirNig Posts: 296
    For lightweight wheels that are also strong .... can't beat these beauties ....

recently got mine and love 'em

http://clee-cycles.co.uk/cc/catalog/pro ... f709caf9ca
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 50 (+ upgrades.....!)
  • Xgreygoose
    BigAirNig wrote:
    For lightweight wheels that are also strong .... can't beat these beauties ....

recently got mine and love 'em

http://clee-cycles.co.uk/cc/catalog/pro ... f709caf9ca

Cool, Do like American Classic stuff. Solid and reliable but a wee bit heavy for me :D:lol: kidding
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Xgreygoose
    My new Team Scalpel
    DSC02641.jpg

More pic's and info My Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    edited April 2010
    This place in France often has them in stock, but they don't hang around long... And they sell them for 65 Euro..

http://www.jpracingbike1.com/www-jpraci ... aaaiBa.asp

Although im a big fan of Tubeless, a friend of mine is not, and is looking to get some of these tubes.

Although they seem expensive, at 120g for 2 they are around 80 to 90g lighter then "standard xc tubes", People pay alot more then 110euro for a 90g weight reduction on other parts of bikes like Cranksets, Wheels etc. So if you look at it that way, they are quite a cheap up-grade, and the weight they lose is in the best possible place, the out side of the wheel..
  • BigAirNig
    I have heard that ultra lite tubes are risky where punctures are concerned ..... any experience there ???

Am using Maxxis High Roller Kevlar 2.1 tyres ....

cheers
  • Xgreygoose
    BigAirNig wrote:
    I have heard that ultra lite tubes are risky where punctures are concerned ..... any experience there ???

Am using Maxxis High Roller Kevlar 2.1 tyres ....

cheers

This is why I don't use tubes like Maxxis Flyweigh. Their pretty light but I had 3 punctures in one day with these.
    I was abit worried about these Eclipse Ultralight Innertubes too. I know awhile back Michelin try to make clear ultralight tubes too but they kept getting punctures so they stop production. This is why I bought a set before buying a sh1t loads for myself and co. I tested them on all sort of terrain and PSI settings. No problems (yet) :D
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • BigAirNig
    That sounds good so far ... especially at that price....