Hardknot Pass

2»

Comments

• maddog 2 wrote:
    a mate did it on 39-27, which impressed the hell out of me (on the FWC)

39-23 is right on the very edge of doable IMO. Somebody may be able to, but no one I know.

I've done it on a 39x23 on the FWC... back in 2006. I got horrioble cramp on wrynose afterwards though, and feel the 2 may be connected.

I wimped out and settled on a 25 this year.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    Totally off thread, apologies....

disgruntledgoat...is your signature thingy lyrics to a song? Perhaps a snippet of Afghan Whigs? If so bigger thumbs up than 39/23 assault of Hardknott!
  • andy162 wrote:
    Totally off thread, apologies....

disgruntledgoat...is your signature thingy lyrics to a song? Perhaps a snippet of Afghan Whigs? If so bigger thumbs up than 39/23 assault of Hardknott!

Yeah, it's from Going To Town off Black Love. Greg Dulli is a big hero of mine, for all the wrong reasons.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I just seen a pic of Hardknot Pass, and tbh..... it looks a right nightmare I don't know how well I'd do, it looks like something from a different country :shock:

I'd love to do it though, but it's just too far away.
  • freehub wrote:
    I just seen a pic of Hardknot Pass, and tbh..... it looks a right nightmare I don't know how well I'd do, it looks like something from a different country :shock:

Bhima on the other hand...

This years Fred saw me on me 25 grinding up chuntering "I will not be defeated!" The S-Bends where it just gets insanely steep needs to be attacked with whatever you have left.

@gietvangent
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Are they 35% those corners? I'd be on me 34-27 gear there!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    freehub wrote:

Yes...Id say 35%...theres a ramp between 2 hairpins nearing the top that defies beleif...how they got tarmac to stick there I do not know...

If you look here and scroll down you can see a pic of Hardknott and the suffering it induced to the riders on the FWC in 2008....carnage!

http://www.sportivecentral.com/index.ph ... 310&page=1
  • freehub wrote:

A couple of the corners will be that if you are on the right side of the road, get it wrong and your front wheel will be off the ground. :lol:
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    Dave Lloyd is organising The Cubrian Killer on 20th September. Does Hardknott from the eastside. Limited to 150 entries. Takes in Wrynose & Kirkstone too.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    freehub wrote:

Cobblers! If you drive, it is less than 2 hours away. Even by train it might be doable. York to Leeds, Leeds to Lancaster, Lancaster to Windermere. Jobs a good'un. Report back to us on Monday :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......