Riding Buddy Needed Yorks/Derbyshire

13»

Comments

• Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, touchy....... :lol:

Just giving an opinion that Sherwood Red is pretty flat when compared to other Red graded routes, nothing against it tho, I enjoy it because I don't have the confidence to ride the scary stuff.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    I sometimes ride Sherwood in an eve after work if I fancy a quick blast around somewhere. I'm not saying I don't like it, just that it's quite tame, but I went there a few times in the weeks running up to my snowboard instructor exam...because I wanted somewhere fun to ride that I could blast round and know I wasn't going to come off and hurt myself.

As for arranging stuff...someone give dates/times haha. I work mon-fri though...like a normal person!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • With regards me joining you for a ride i'm going to have to give it a miss.

I've managed to get a friend from work to take a trip over to Coed Llandegla in north wales, Setting off at 7am sunday morning to get there when it open and before it gets too busy.

It'll take us about 1hr 45mins to get there from Wakefield, If anyone else fancy's joining us you are more than welcome just let me know sometime friday
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44868051@N08/6896199872/

Lapierre Zesty 214 2012
    On-One Lurcher 29er
  • Cheshley
    Can't do anything this weekend but diary is empty for weekends through December at the minute.

I could do with as much notice as possible so I can get my pass stamped for a day out :lol:

How about Saturday December 14th? (weather permitting)
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • MissBint37
    Isn't the Sat 12th December?
    I am on a course snowboarding then but some others may be able to go out. I'm about on the Sun though as far as I know; 13th Dec
  • Cheshley
    you win a prize for spotting the deliberate mistake :oops:

Sunday 13th could be an option too, just depends on how 'the boy' is so there's always the possibility that I have to back out of any arrangements at the last minute.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

• Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I'm back in Sheffield a week monday 14th and I'll be hoping to do an urban night ride around the Dore/ Blakamoore area ending up in a curry house ( Everest ? ) on the Tuesday night, group of 5 as of now. Mixed bunch but cover varied terrain and skill levels but no one gets left behind :)
    Come along if you have lights :idea:
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • MissBint37
    Argh it's my snowboarding night....otherwise I would have!!! Have a good one!
  • Richie63
    Oh well snowboarding it will have tobe then......You sacrificed a good curry and ride for sliding around :)

As a side issue do you know wether the ski village ever had any plans to put in a DH or other bike orientated use of the venue?
  • Richie63
    I've got the following saturday free for peak ride?
    Grouse Pub to sheff via Totly brook and edges above beachief golf course as a short couple of hours or combine with an out through endcliffe parks for something longer or a suggestion of your own?
  • MissBint37
    Sat I'm on a snowboarding course all day.....I'm free Sun though if anyone fancies a ride then weather permitting?
    As for the Ski Village I'm not sure, but my man works there as a ski instructor and was general manager back in the old days...so he will probably know of any plans even if they failed. I will ask him wed when I see him and let you know!
  • Richie63
    Sunday morning is good me up till mid afternoon then I have to be back in Sheff. so somewhere local would suit best
    After being couped up on an oilrig for 2 weeks I'm itching to get out as much as possible

anyone got a ride they want to do?
  • Khanzo
    Khanzo Posts: 24
    Hi, I have just purchased myself my 3rd bike of the year, hopefully this one will be abit more reliable than the other two (long story involving a GTI I drive and a Decathlon Rockrider 9.2), and fingers crossed my Kona Coilair should be here for the weekend. No lights as of yet though

I was just wondering if you would mind one extra tagging along to a ride sometime in the near future? Not been riding for long really, but willing to have ago at anything. Much prefer the going down rather than the up though thats for sure.

I am 20 year old and living near Penistone (20 mins from Sheffield and 25 mins cycling from Wharncliffe)

Thats about all I can think about for now
    -Mat
  • hi me and a group of friends all regularly ride the dark peaks and also go jollies to wales, scotland etc etc. always room gor an extra rider in our cycling group, were all different abilities and all like different styles of riding from xc to downhill. your more than welcome to join in with us, and if you can make a better flapjack than me (which is ace by the way) your extra welcome. :wink:
  • Khanzo
    Khanzo Posts: 24
    I'll be honest from the start, I aint a flapjack cook, sorry to disapoint :P.

Think I may have to take you up on your offer though at some point in the near future, I also forgot to say I do have my own transport atm. Currently a Toyota corolla and a 3 bike rack. But hopefully that will be changing to a Hilux in the near future so plenty of room then

Thanks
    -Mat
  • Richie63
    You might not get far on the coilair!! Went out riding with a mate from work around ladybower his coilair managed to return with bent chain ring and loads of grief from his 55's they do seem suspect

But back to the ride am all up for a ride just pick a venue and time
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Was supposed to be in peaks this weekend, a 30miles+ loop from ladybower, but my bike us in bits at LBS waiting for my forks to be repaired.
    Gutted. Was looking forward to it
    2014 Whyte T-129S