Riding Buddy Needed Yorks/Derbyshire

MissBint37
MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
edited December 2009 in MTB rides
OK so, I seem to be lacking in riding buddys at the moment.
Probably becasue I used to ride with my ex....who one day decided to erase me from his life....so I lost that one
The other guy I ride with can't be bothered half the time....plus he HAS to go in front and yeh he beasts me uphill, but elsewhere he sometimes holds me back.

I live in Sheffield but I am willing to travel an hour or so....So yeh, anyone about in Sheff/Leeds/Derbyshire area that wants (or doesn;t mind) a tag along let me know. I'm not THE best rider but I try hard....and I need to ride more to get better.

PS If it helps my cause I do make great flapjack and snacks for mid ride energy boosts!
Ride it like you stole it!

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Bint you need to move to wales.. loads of people to eat your flapjacks here mmmmm flapjacks.... if i didnt ride i think i would be fat lol
  • DanielleT
    DanielleT Posts: 259
    Hi MissBint!

Oh my gosh, sounds like we're in the same boat, I used to ride with my ex but I chose to erase him out of my life!
    I have been looking for riding buddies too, I'm in Hull. I have found a great group of people who i've been out with a couple of times now (check out the 'Hull and Surrounding area' thread on the rides section forum). Really great bunch, but i'm the only girl who goes out with them at the moment! So it'd be cool to have some female company! (plus the idea of your flapjack sounds great! :lol:)
    I'm not the worlds best rider either to be honest, but I can usually keep up with the front of the ride and jump off if things get too tricky for my liking! Need to get out more so to get better at it though!

If you fancy you should join up me/us for a ride :D always something being planned for during the week and weekends.
    delightfully dangerous!
  • MissBint37
    Danielle, thanks mate, I PM'd you
  • Hi
    well I'm in the middle of both of you at Selby all you find are rodies in Selby somtimes get over to lady bower area, any good riding around Hessle area ?
    Put your feet on the ground you have failed
  • DanielleT
    DanielleT Posts: 259
    Hi Gully,

Just replied to your thread, as said check out 'Hull and Surrounding area...' thread, there are a group of us that get out regularly. Fab bunch of people!

Its not bad round my end, just over the wolds really, brantingham dale and raywell area, some nice single track XC type of stuff to keep you fit for the further afield trips! They've been out to the peaks and moors on a couple of jaunts, not joined them on one of the further trips yet though. Think there are plans for one in a couple of weeks (Sun 23rd) upto the peaks, and there is possibilty for a local ride this Sunday :D Check out the other thread, say hello don't be shy, thats where everything gets planned . :lol:
    delightfully dangerous!
  • yorksmtb
    yorksmtb Posts: 10
    Hi Miss Bint

I am in Sheffield too and getting back into biking. Spending quite a bit of time doing the Ladybower circuit / Tissington but will be wanting to try a few longer / harder rides soon. I usually ride solo so will be looking for riding buddies soon !

If you fancy a ride out sometime let me know
  • mikey0303
    mikey0303 Posts: 134
    Im in Buxton if youre ever down this way although I tend to ride midweek on my day off (and sometimes Sunday)

Im getting my fitness back on the trail at Parsley Hay/Hartington area but need to find some decent varied trails
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • yorksmtb
    Hi Mikey

Let me know if u fancy a ride at Parsely Hay. I am getting my fitness back at the mo too. I am available midweek also
  • mikey0303
    Im probably up there this wednesday as its my day off next week - weathers looking good on the 5 day forecast. I usually do Parsley Hay to Alsop and back which is about 14 miles

Tempted to try the Goyt Valley or Ladybower before summers gone as well, but a bit more fitness work needed first I think :lol:
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • brandfreak
    brandfreak Posts: 137
    Hi Miss Bint,

Wharncliffe Woods is up your way. Only ever been there once, in the snow and trails were impossible. I would like to head back up there again soon.

Drop me a line /reply if you're up for it. I ride XC/trails and will have a go at most things.
  • yorksmtb
    Hi MIkey

I will probably go to Ladybower on Wednesday if you fancy it. I wouldnt worry about it being too difficult, I find it a pretty easy ride, even though I am unfit at the moment !
  • mikey0303
    yeah .............. might be up for that although it will have to be the afternoon as the Roadsters going in for its MOT in the morning.
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • MissBint37
    I work normal (ish) hours boo,
    so its evenings and weekends for me pretty much, although I can finish at lunch time on occasion so there is the possibility of an afternoon ride sometimes.
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    We're in Wharncliffe on a regular basis, and you're welcome to join us...so long as you don't mind riding with a couple of useless old men! :oops:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • Rockhopper
    Rockhopper Posts: 503
    Sounds like there are a few of us in the sheffield ish area. How about us all getting together one sunday for a ride?
  • stone-rose
    stone-rose Posts: 176
    Gully0001 wrote:
    Hi
    well I'm in the middle of both of you at Selby all you find are rodies in Selby somtimes get over to lady bower area, any good riding around Hessle area ?

Hi Gully

If you're in Selby, I suggest just having a blast round Brayton Barff. Plenty of paths and XC single track stuff. Not a very big area, but bigger than you think if that makes sense! you can easily while away a couple of hours exploring and blasting round! :D

Other than that, I'd suggest getting over to the Wolds Way and bridleways around South Cave/Brantingham area - only 20 mins down the M62 from Goole and lots to explore
  • mikey0303
    Rockhopper wrote:
    Sounds like there are a few of us in the sheffield ish area. How about us all getting together one sunday for a ride?

could be fun - there's a bank holiday weekend coming up as well
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • MissBint37
    Yeh I'm up for sorting something out for sure.
    I'm going to try and hook up with the Hull lot as well soon, been chatting to Danielle :)
    Although something local is always good!!!
  • Rockhopper
    My downside if you like is that its been many years since i did a sunday ride, most of my routes are a couple of hours after work. I can't remember the longer rides we used to do So, anyone know any good routes we could try?
    I'm not super fit but i'll tackle most rides (with the appropriate rest stops plus tea and cake of course).
    Personally i'm free most weekends apart from when i'm away wth the TA.
  • A couple of us from Hull (including Daniellle) are popping over to the Peaks on Sunday to do a ride around from Hope over to Derwent and back again, if anyone is interested.
  • mikey0303
    well I'm up for a meet on a Sunday/Bank Holiday weekend if anyone else fancies it.

Im not super fit either, but 20 miles/2 hours is do-able for me and perhaps a little more if we have flapjacks and cake breaks :wink:

Can I suggest Ladybower as its between Buxton and Sheffield?
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • yorksmtb
    Hi Mkey

Off down to Ladybower this afternoon if you are up for it
  • brandfreak
    brandfreak Posts: 137
    We're in Wharncliffe on a regular basis, and you're welcome to join us...so long as you don't mind riding with a couple of useless old men! :oops:

I'm a useless old man too Mr Napalm - can I come out and play in the woods with all of you?
  • mikey0303
    yorksmtb wrote:
    Hi Mkey

Off down to Ladybower this afternoon if you are up for it

yeah - where do I need to go?
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • MissBint37
    I'm up for rides with you all....as you know but you will all probaly beast me eep

Wish I could do Ladybower, but sadly work all day, then shadowing a snowboard lesson later oh joy
  • mikey0303
    I doubt you would be left behind - im getting on a bit, and have 14st of me to haul around with a dodgy cruciate ligament :lol:
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    I'm a useless old man too Mr Napalm - can I come out and play in the woods with all of you?

You're more than welcome, mate!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • yorksmtb
    Hi Mikey

Sorry didnt see your forum post before I left. Had a decent ride there today although it was a bit hot
  • mikey0303
    no problem - I did get over but it was hot and busy - next week for sure :wink:
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • Rockhopper
    I wonder if there is a better way for us all to get in touch about this?