3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    So,anyway.... getting back on track... whats happening this weekend

Time?
    Route/distance?
    Attendees?

I might try and make an appearance if there is a chance of an Epsom hoonfest...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    felgen wrote:
    So,anyway.... getting back on track... whats happening this weekend

Time?
    Route/distance?
    Attendees?

I might try and make an appearance if there is a chance of an Epsom hoonfest...

I'm in for a Sunday hoonfest. Same as last week, ie, 9am start, same route. You know the 'rules' by now for the hoonfest :twisted:

Who's in?

Felgen.
    Myk-ee.
    ???
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Yup, I should be there Mykee.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • I'm in for Saturday, keen for any distance or route, as long as I get back in time for an important rugger match mid afternoon. Weather is looking great, sunny until 12ish.
  • I'm in for Saturday and poss the Sunday hoon also.

Weather looks great!
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    I'm a possibility for Sunday's hoonfest now as I've not been contacted about marshalling the TT in the morning - I'll keep you posted
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    I am there at 9 tomorrow...

What is the RC? Who is in?
  • felgen
    So, it seems like there are only a couple of takers for tomorrow (Saturday) then? Myk-ee is desperately promoting his Sunday hoonfest (which was a laugh I do admit, kind of a RPCC run on steroids :D).

Rich if you are marshalling, isnt that really early (6am)... and done by 0730, so you could easily do both if you wanted to come on Sunday. Is the TT definitely happening Sunday as I thought I saw that they needed a Qualified medic/first aider at the insistence of the Parks when I was *ahem* browsing the 'Mo forum...?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    What time tomorrow? I can make an 8:30 or 9am start if there is a ride heading out.
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • I'm in for the Sunday hoonfest, it all worked very well last weekend.
  • jrduquemin wrote:
    What time tomorrow? I can make an 8:30 or 9am start if there is a ride heading out.

So looks like me + Bern12 + jrduquemin - shall we say 08:30 at the gate. Should be nice.
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    I thought there were a few more of us... I'm in on saturday but out on sunday... (meaning with this riding on saturday but not sunday)

Just don't fell up to a real bashing yet...
  • I'll be there at 8:30 too - and think Fuji Mackers is going to be along as well

Keen to be back reasonably promptly so not a long one for me
  • jrduquemin
    Sweet :-) See you guys at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Weather should be good from what I've seen so far.
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • felgen
    I am not coming saturday, but will be making a special appearance on sunday, hopefully on time this week. Have a good ride saturday!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I had my heart set on a cameo Saturday ride but after changing tubes last night and pumping up to full pressure the cut in my tyre is just too bad.

Depending on how prices compare at my LBS to the net may get out for tomorrows ride otherwise will be out this weekend.

Could be worse things to do than watch the lads dominate at Headingly. :wink:

Enjoy chaps, great day for it.

The long grazed legged one
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Seems 8h30 was too early for me today... 10h00 was right time, but to late for cycling.

After a busy week and a late night yesterday just didn't have enough energy to get out of bed when the alarm went off.

Enjoy the ride, let's see when can I do one...
  • GREAT RIDE GREAT RIDE GREAT RIDE

Perhaps the hoon tomorrow?

EMBRACE THE PACE!
  • Yeah, great ride on a gourgeous day including a tailwind through the roundabouts 8)

Brian - good to see the legs have still got it after the time off the bike - some strong turns on the front

James - serious speed difficult following your wheel quite often and thanks for pacing me to a new PB up Box Hill (or maybe it's the new wheels...)

Julian - shame the legs took a while to warm up but but you seemed to be going strongly

Berns - sorry for the confusion on the time but good you were able to catch us at the top of Box Hill
  • Rich-Ti
    Nice one chaps - good to see rides going so well! 8)

I'm still uncertain on tomorrow - marshalling the TT now but not sure on the plans for a ride after so may just do some park laps to fill in the time between the end of the TT and meeting you guys if there's no Mo's ride going out...
  • jrduquemin
    Yeah, great ride on a gourgeous day including a tailwind through the roundabouts 8)

Brian - good to see the legs have still got it after the time off the bike - some strong turns on the front

James - serious speed difficult following your wheel quite often and thanks for pacing me to a new PB up Box Hill (or maybe it's the new wheels...)

Julian - shame the legs took a while to warm up but but you seemed to be going strongly

Berns - sorry for the confusion on the time but good you were able to catch us at the top of Box Hill

Yeah, it was a good ride today though I did struggle a bit on the first climbs of the day :-) Hopefully I shouldn't have any issues on the next ride and am looking forward to it already :D Box Hill was good but I couldn't match your speed at the start, missed my PB by over 20 seconds so I'll give it another try next weekend. Nice to see everyone out on the ride today and good work catching us at BH Bernard :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • voxegam
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    I'm still uncertain on tomorrow

Go on Rich.....come for a ride!
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Rich-Ti
    voxegam wrote:
    Go on Rich.....come for a ride!
    I will be, one way or another - just depends whether it's a post-TT Dynamos run or wasting time after the TT til 9am to meet the rest of you! :lol:
  • felgen
    So, Berns caught you up? Awesome effort Bernard - you must have been putting in some serious training in then.... :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • jrduquemin
    felgen wrote:
    So, Berns caught you up? Awesome effort Bernard - you must have been putting in some serious training in then.... :D

Yup, we were sat having coffee then he turned up out of the blue :-) Always handy to have one more to assist with the train back to RP :D
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • voxegam
    Awesome ride guys.....good route, fast pace....what more could you want? Definitely the type of ride that makes you faster which is always nice.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Rich-Ti
    I'm glad we re-grouped at Ranmore or I might have bailed on the rest of the ride - I was knackered today!

Managed to shell myself out the back when I peeled off the front at the end - 50kph @ 185bpm hurt like hell and I couldn't latch onto the back again! :oops:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I want my mummy.... :cry:

So after I chased Mal-inger up BH and got a new PB by 6 seconds there was that run back to RP :shock:

45mins 27secs to get from BH to RP - average speed 36.9kph, ave HR 167, a new max HR for me of 187 to boot! Think I hit that as I sprinted the last 20metres to get back on the end of Felgen, Voxegam and Mal-inger coming into Kingston. That's why I couldn't talk for about 5 minutes after I latched on.

Just a shame I couldn't surprise anyone this week with that 'trick' coming out of Felgen's Corner, it is a fun little sprint over that 'bump', hahaaaa :P :P

Total moving ave just over 33kph.

Thanks for the pain 8)
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • felgen
    Yep,good stuff - I felt really fresh today (no ride yesterday)and so I smashed my BH PB, but only a vague idea of the time. It was quick though. Ho hum, I dont seem to be having much luck with bike computers at the moment, so no posting in the BH thread until I get a proper time.

As for the rest of the ride, it was nice and quick - I am glad to be involved in something like that as it pushes me hard. Glad that Mal and James were around to make me work hard - really hard! I wish I had my Garmin still as I would have seen a really high average HR as whenever I looked down it seemed to be over 170.

I hope to make next week as well!

James

p.s. anyone got any ride data?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB